Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 391738 times)

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2023, 02:58:26 PM »

Vaults of Knowledge - Patch 1.0.5 -

Not Save Compatible - tried to make it 
Spoiler
fix: Somehow for people that still managed to copy industries now it is now available even on AI worlds , unfortunate , this also means that you can't downgrade heavy industry , light industry , farming etc into beginning industries , unitll you research them. A small compromise to not totally ban you ability to downgrade to beginning tier but also to block you from copying industries. What can i say basiaclly limitations of game
fix: Fixed performance issues for Linux Enjoyers
new: Added Console Command Support - Command - FinishResearch - instantly researches you currently researched option
new: Databanks now also drops from Survey Ship and Mothership
Easter egg - Type on planet testring to get new cosmetic for planet - Small teaser for 4th Module
buff: Buffed Hegemony Quality to recompensate for losing Prisitne Nanoforge for highest tier of Heavy Industry

[close]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 03:29:06 AM by Kaysaar »

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2023, 06:58:29 PM »

this mod is starting to feel like a sincere DLC that belongs in the vanilla game. I see you busting ass on it almost every day.

Re-Search-er

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2023, 07:57:04 PM »

I like this mod, but there's something that needs to be said. It's causing massive framerate drops about a third of the way through a playthrough. I'm giving the game 6 gb ram, about Half my system's memory, and it's still running sluggish with your mod, while previously it was pretty fast and bearable even with four new minor factions and ship packs. For the record, I think it's something to do with the increased trade fleets your mod adds for trading the new commodities, which are actually integrated Properly unlike how HMI handled it: As in new industries that make them and new industries that use them. I like that.

I just want to get to the bottom of this insane slowdown to 10 fps.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2023, 08:37:15 PM »

I like this mod, but there's something that needs to be said. It's causing massive framerate drops about a third of the way through a playthrough. I'm giving the game 6 gb ram, about Half my system's memory, and it's still running sluggish with your mod, while previously it was pretty fast and bearable even with four new minor factions and ship packs. For the record, I think it's something to do with the increased trade fleets your mod adds for trading the new commodities, which are actually integrated Properly unlike how HMI handled it: As in new industries that make them and new industries that use them. I like that.

Message me on dsc Kaysaar#1181 we will get to the bottom of this and look at this enourmous lag you are mentioning. Could you try only playthorugh with Vaults of Knowledge? Then we will be sure that this module is causing this
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 08:39:29 PM by Kaysaar »

Arkmagus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2023, 09:05:04 PM »

12629028 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.plugins.AoDUtilis.checkForFamilyIndustryInstance(AoDUtilis.java:250)
   at data.scripts.industry.KaysaarFishery.isAvailableToBuild(KaysaarFishery.java:43)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.createTooltip(BaseIndustry.java:1092)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.intnew$1.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.oÒ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacenew.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacenew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.L.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

context: after a bit of missions, exploration and fighting the hegemony for my persean league commission, I decided to colonize a water world I found early in the game using through nexerelin's fleet request. The world was colonized normally, but after I opened its building menu I think I clicked at the fishery option and it crashed, not sure if this is helpful but hope it is.

Also, not talking about this crash but I often get generous amounts of research databanks from mission constellation exploration, I just need to choose some missions that usually lead to loot filled areas (many missions in same place), or I can follow big salvager fleets from the core worlds to their destinations to find some systems with derelict ships, ruins and blueprints. I don't even need to accept missions to know where some good stuff is located, as just by taking note of where they are spawning while I'm busy trading commodities already shows to me where should I go to instead of trying to explore all systems blindly.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2023, 09:32:50 PM »

12629028 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.plugins.AoDUtilis.checkForFamilyIndustryInstance(AoDUtilis.java:250)
   at data.scripts.industry.KaysaarFishery.isAvailableToBuild(KaysaarFishery.java:43)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.createTooltip(BaseIndustry.java:1092)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.intnew$1.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.oÒ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.L.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

context: after a bit of missions, exploration and fighting the hegemony for my persean league commission, I decided to colonize a water world I found early in the game using through nexerelin's fleet request. The world was colonized normally, but after I opened its building menu I think I clicked at the fishery option and it crashed, not sure if this is helpful but hope it is.

Also, not talking about this crash but I often get generous amounts of research databanks from mission constellation exploration, I just need to choose some missions that usually lead to loot filled areas (many missions in same place), or I can follow big salvager fleets from the core worlds to their destinations to find some systems with derelict ships, ruins and blueprints. I don't even need to accept missions to know where some good stuff is located, as just by taking note of where they are spawning while I'm busy trading commodities already shows to me where should I go to instead of trying to explore all systems blindly.
Strange with crash, but probably i know what causing it , about second one could you elaborate becuase from one side i hear they are rare from other that they are abbundant those research_databanks

Re-Search-er

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2023, 11:01:46 PM »

Message me on dsc Kaysaar#1181 we will get to the bottom of this and look at this enourmous lag you are mentioning. Could you try only playthorugh with Vaults of Knowledge? Then we will be sure that this module is causing this

I just started the new play-through (own faction), no lag yet, but a new bug showed up. The tooltips that normally show up on mouse hover over industries don't show up anymore, just an endless kkkkkkkkkkk sound. Most strange.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2023, 12:00:18 AM »

I just started the new play-through (own faction), no lag yet, but a new bug showed up. The tooltips that normally show up on mouse hover over industries don't show up anymore, just an endless kkkkkkkkkkk sound. Most strange.
What i can arleady tell you dont have recent ver of Cryosleeeper , download it and remember delete ALL Files

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2023, 12:57:15 AM »

After Investigation i have come to conclusion that Ashes of The Domain by themself does not cause this lag as i looked into memory usage and it uses from 9 to 15 % with 10 modded factions on Large sector

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2023, 01:29:35 PM »

whats the difference between all the orbital works? (besides the demands they require)
isnt normal orbital works with pristine nanoforge better than the fleetworks and skunkworks?

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2023, 06:03:30 PM »

whats the difference between all the orbital works? (besides the demands they require)
isnt normal orbital works with pristine nanoforge better than the fleetworks and skunkworks?
Fleetworks got scalebale bonus to fleet size globally so all planets got 25% fleet size increase and skunkworks gives chance for patrol fleets to spawn with  fom 0 to 2 or even sometiems 3 smods
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 06:06:10 PM by Kaysaar »

Arkmagus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2023, 09:52:54 PM »

Strange with crash, but probably i know what causing it , about second one could you elaborate becuase from one side i hear they are rare from other that they are abbundant those research_databanks

Well, I made a test run here with 1 buffalo, 1 dram and 2 lashers using navigation and bulk transport, and the result was this (omitting normal domain-era probes, found a lot of those):

cycle 206:
mar - 01 (game start at random planet)
somewhere between (found cryosleeper and close habitable worlds, found some cool ships like aurora(d) and salvaged them)
jul - 19 (+1 beta core, +1 gamma core, 2 research databanks, 1 fullerene spool, 1 mothership location)-> from domain-era survey ship
somewhere between (+1 gamma core, found hypershunt, found domain-era mothership following a suspicious hyperspace ghost)
oct - 03 (+1 beta core, +1 gamma core, 2 research databanks) -> from domain-era survey ship
dec - 29 (+1 Pegasus blueprint , +1 Valkyrie Blueprint +some modspecs and lpcs from equip cache, base value 320k of all)
cycle 207:
jan - 03 (+ 1 longbow blueprint, some lpcs, base value of 40k of all)
jan - 13 (found another Hypershunt, 24 light years from the first)
feb - 08 (achieved 289 points of hyperspace topography, most from black holes and gas giants)
feb - 22 (found a level 5 officer with elite skill)
mar - 04 (decided to finish my blind exploration as 1 year has passed)

the images of the loot and the final exploration map:
https://imgur.com/a/ThxdwBa

This was a small test of 1 year of blind exploration with few ships and how much loot it gives (I didn't survey most of the ruins I found as well as I didn't have crew), it can vary depending on your luck, but for me it was 4 research databanks from 2 survey ships, sometimes you can find research stations that gives you much more of them, in this case I didn't find any. Usually what I do is stay in the core worlds stacking missions that lead to the same area while trading, and instapicking research station missions, and then when I go to the mission systems I find loads of stuff and get hundreds of thousands of credits while at it, in a single trip.

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2023, 02:34:02 AM »

Fleetworks got scalebale bonus to fleet size globally so all planets got 25% fleet size increase and skunkworks gives chance for patrol fleets to spawn with  fom 0 to 2 or even sometiems 3 smods
Oh thats pretty cool

Xechran

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2023, 11:02:12 AM »

Is it possible to use Stellar Reflectors to increase a planets temperature from hot to extreme heat? Still working up the industry tree and havent been able to try it first hand. Would expand the options for the Cryoarthimetic engine.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2023, 11:06:33 AM »

Is it possible to use Stellar Reflectors to increase a planets temperature from hot to extreme heat? Still working up the industry tree and havent been able to try it first hand. Would expand the options for the Cryoarthimetic engine.
Stellar reflectors are the TASC thing , i am just only provider of Research Mechanics : P
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 81