Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 90

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 483777 times)

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] [WIP] Ashes of The Domain of Man ver 1.6.2 0.96 HOTFIX!
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2023, 09:17:55 AM »

Awesome mod with good amount of content!
Is it possible to add the number of charges the Cryo has (for above level 6) onto the config file?
As well as having an option for it to be System wide instead of just for the planet it is orbiting?

Thanks a bunch for the mod!
Hi tbh i think it wont be possible as adding additional charges would mean more descrp etc etc , and for now i am only planning to add option to reduce from 4 to 2 charges in settings.json And well i think i wont make it system wide, my idea was that one Cryosleeper per one planet , to not breed size 10 world's and i think it will stay as it is. Glad you enjoy mod ^^

Sottom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2023, 09:22:38 AM »

Ok. No problem  ;)

Keep up the great work!

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2023, 08:24:53 PM »

Do settings allow us to opt out of the new cryosleeper mechanics?

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2023, 10:32:50 PM »

Do settings allow us to opt out of the new cryosleeper mechanics?
You can adjust max size that cryosleepers allows to grow and growth speed from cryosleeper those are in settings

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2023, 02:22:08 PM »

Second Beta Version is around the Corner, aprrox on Friday or even faster will be released new beta version
Changes :
Research Facility now have option to toggle UI of Research facility rather than only biding it to CTRL+T
Changed how Upgrades are shown, instead of 2-5 buttons you got 1 which will display all possible upgrades
Added Aqua and Partially mining branch of tech
Adjusted food demand in sector , to justify new farms, and make it harder to supply past size 6 worlds
Added Water Commodity
Fix: Now there are no 2 upgrade buttons - Vanilla button and Ashes button
Fix :Scrollbar of research options now does not reset after choosing what tech you want to research
Main goal for next patch
:Fixing ui bug where titles are dislocated on certain resolutions
:Making the same changes to Swtich buttons like with upgrades, to save space
:Making some upgrades of vanila industries using their special item
:Releasing new Comodity: Research Materials
:New Mechanic : Research Bonus Speed - More Research Facilites - More research speed
:New Mechanic : Skip Research - As mentioned new commodity will be added, that when you will leave on special market type (Research Facility Storage) then can be used to skip research, an option for players who likes to combat and explore much, and  dont want to sit for another 6 hours waiting for techs to research
Additional Goals that i want to achive to next patch
:Item requierement to start research (Paying once for starting Research)

I hope you enjoyed the new mechanics , feel free to write feedback, as it will help me develop Ashes of Domain faster ^^

Sottom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2023, 09:56:20 AM »

Is there somewhere I can read up on what this research feature does?

And if not, can I get an explanation?
 Do you discover blueprints? Do you enhance industries? Etc.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2023, 10:00:56 AM »

Is there somewhere I can read up on what this research feature does?

And if not, can I get an explanation?

Do you discover blueprints? Do you enhance industries? Etc.
Od course i will write full explanation once i got home in quick descrp : It is not by Blueprints you need to build Research Facility Strucutre and Access from it new Research Interface
From there you can choose what you want to research , and when research end you get option to built researched Industry
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 10:07:36 AM by Kaysaar »

DanzyDanz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2023, 10:14:50 AM »

any chance of the update being compatible with ver 0.95.1a of SS?  :'(

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2023, 10:18:44 AM »

I can give it gry tbh

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2023, 04:10:52 PM »

I can give it gry tbh
Pardon Danzy wont be available as i now remember that in this update there is very important plugin introduced that is a core of how Upgrade button works sorry

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2023, 12:24:53 PM »

Cool stuff overall, really wanted something like this in vanilla (Kenshi vibes by the way).
One thing so far: please reconsider the cost of cleanroom blueprint. First I found one and researched it and then it dropped a second time and those 5 million (!) that I've got from selling it on open market (!!) paid me for an entire multiplanetary colony with a bunch of terraforming structures from TASC.
I believe it just shouldn't be able to find the blueprint more than once, but even if this breaks, it shouldn't give the player so much money.

And maybe consider gating these blueprints behind an exploration/fighting combo like the Red Planet? It's in Starsector's nature to always loop back to fighting and it feels more fair compared to ruin-mining lottery.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2023, 01:24:08 PM »

Cool stuff overall, really wanted something like this in vanilla (Kenshi vibes by the way).
One thing so far: please reconsider the cost of cleanroom blueprint. First I found one and researched it and then it dropped a second time and those 5 million (!) that I've got from selling it on open market (!!) paid me for an entire multiplanetary colony with a bunch of terraforming structures from TASC.
I believe it just shouldn't be able to find the blueprint more than once, but even if this breaks, it shouldn't give the player so much money.

And maybe consider gating these blueprints behind an exploration/fighting combo like the Red Planet? It's in Starsector's nature to always loop back to fighting and it feels more fair compared to ruin-mining lottery.
Yea about blueprint of industries , they will be removed for sth different in future, i know that they are an issue as tbh i don;t have yet any expierience in making quests. But in 2.0.0 they will be removed for sake of research mechanics ,where i have much much more freedom to choose. Especially that i plan to add new items releated to research , like items that would eneable you skip research(Rewarding players that fights and explores more). Required Items to research futher , etc etc. I have too many plans to execute with one swing : P
Speaking of Kenshi Hey hey People Sseth here
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 01:27:21 PM by Kaysaar »

DanzyDanz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2023, 10:36:21 AM »

I can give it gry tbh
Pardon Danzy wont be available as i now remember that in this update there is very important plugin introduced that is a core of how Upgrade button works sorry

That's a shame but oh well. Thanks for your hard work!

Also, my game crashed when trying to add pagsm_fuel_bp. Running 0.96 latest version as well as PAGSM

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2023, 10:59:30 AM »

I can give it gry tbh

That's a shame but oh well. Thanks for your hard work!

Also, my game crashed when trying to add pagsm_fuel_bp. Running 0.96 latest version as well as PAGSM
For now i have disabled Blast Processing Unit , as it will go on different rework, as i have handeled industry upgrades in different way , now that i have knowldege of doing it in more efficient way i want to have every single Industry that i have introduced, work on same prinicipal

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2023, 12:23:58 PM »

Speaking of Kenshi Hey hey People Sseth here
We are all here thanks to one man aren't we?

Back to the topic, what do you mean by "skipping research"? If it's simply not waiting then I'm not sure. Unless the time is so significant that it becomes the only way of getting research done in a reasonable amount of time, but in turn some other questions rise. Unlocking, however, seems more appropriate (Kenshi vibes strikes again).

And, if thinking about a utopia is appropriate, I really wish there was a way to prolong exploration content in a cleaner way than that old mod that spawned new systems via gates. Once you check all the Motherships and Survey ships, derelicts just disappear. It would be fun to see them again as guardians to something.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 90