Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.97a] ThirstSector - A Complete Portrait Replacer  (Read 17882 times)

Zordiark Darkeater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] ThirstSector - A Complete Portrait Replacer
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2023, 04:49:30 AM »

This mod + the extra thirsty addon for it is 100/100 !

I want one like this for every faction mod out there except Uaf... uaf is perfect as it is :P

NeoLemon

• Ensign
  • Y E S
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2023, 02:32:39 PM »

maan i like the reworked vanilla portrait, though can you make version that doesn't replace it? i want it just like yet another portrait mod both vanilla and (NSFW) version ofc, (maybe add another mod that only replace story character portrait? idk but i think ppl would like using the new story character portrait while doesnt replace other generic one?)

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2023, 04:39:16 PM »

therealzOh, one request:
The portrait37 ist also used for the Hegemony.
The vanilla version has a mostly grey armor, which also fits with the Hegemony orange-grey theme.
Your version of portrait 37 has a mostly blue armor, which doesn't really fit into the Hegemony theme.

Editing the faction-file is one option, but it would be realy nice if you would change this portrait to one, that doesn't look out of place when used by the Hegemony.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 05:08:35 PM by Mortrag »

therealzOh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2023, 05:12:07 PM »

therealzOh, one request:
The portrait37 ist also used for the Hegemony.
The vanilla version has a mostly grey armor, which also fits with the Hegemony orange-grey theme.
Your version of portrait 37 has a mostly blue armor, which doesn't really fit into the Hegemony theme.

Editing the faction-file is one option, but it would be realy nice if you would change this portrait to one, that doesn't look out of place when used by the Hegemony.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the update. Once 0.96 has stabilized a bit and I also get a chance to play it myself I will update this for 0.96.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2023, 03:40:29 AM »

therealzOh, second remark:
In my playthrough I found a pather who looked surprisingly clean, sane and civilised.
Checked the files and found, that "portrait14" is used for pathers and pirates. In your mod you have a portrait that closely resembles vanilla "portrait14", but you did put it under "portrait_pirate04". So that way it is used for pirates, but not for the pathers.

For your update, could you switch that, so that your "portrait_pirate04" is "portrait14" portrait again? And maybe replace your old portrait14 with something more rough and vicious, that can take the place of "portrait_pirate04"?

YerRob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2023, 06:52:34 AM »

Damm these really do seem like neat glowed up SS portraits, was it done with NovelAI and Image2Image generation?

therealzOh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2023, 10:25:53 AM »

Damm these really do seem like neat glowed up SS portraits, was it done with NovelAI and Image2Image generation?

SD rather.

therealzOh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2023, 10:26:51 AM »

therealzOh, second remark:
In my playthrough I found a pather who looked surprisingly clean, sane and civilised.
Checked the files and found, that "portrait14" is used for pathers and pirates. In your mod you have a portrait that closely resembles vanilla "portrait14", but you did put it under "portrait_pirate04". So that way it is used for pirates, but not for the pathers.

For your update, could you switch that, so that your "portrait_pirate04" is "portrait14" portrait again? And maybe replace your old portrait14 with something more rough and vicious, that can take the place of "portrait_pirate04"?

Sounds good. Especially with all the new pirate portraits in 0.96 there will need to be a bunch of swapping and stuff.

Edit: Updated for 0.96. Mortrag's suggestions have been integrated.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 03:04:03 PM by therealzOh »

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ThirstSector - A Complete Portrait Replacer
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2023, 03:42:36 PM »

That was quick, thank you for that.

That the new portrait_pirate04 and portrait37 are rather close to the original ones is really cool, because already the vanilla-versions have character.
The new 0.96-portraits do fit the mod-theme.
And it's very nice that f_pirate_05 made their return from the add-on to the main as portrait_pirate06. That one is so cool, that I use it as my portrait for a current run. Now off to editing some saves...

therealzOh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2023, 01:58:37 PM »

• Updated for 0.96a.
  • Reworked Artemisia Sun, Bione Lata, Callisto Ibrahim.
  • Added Luddic Balaclava guy.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2023, 11:50:45 PM »

I enjoy having these portraits in my game and I appreciate that it covered pretty much all the vanilla factions. It's nothing too excessive and feels just about right.

Hotpics

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2023, 04:22:53 AM »

I'm curious about your skills, could you provide some examples for the UAF MOD (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12709.0) ?
No need for Booba just your regular vanilla-ish portraits.

therealzOh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2023, 11:34:40 AM »

I'm curious about your skills, could you provide some examples for the UAF MOD (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12709.0) ?
No need for Booba just your regular vanilla-ish portraits.

Sorry, Ryxsen1421 has requested that I do not release ThirstSector UAF portraits.

Hotpics

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2023, 12:08:22 PM »

Sorry, Ryxsen1421 has requested that I do not release ThirstSector UAF portraits.
Nvm, took me like 1 hour to figure it out. AI is of great help.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2023, 01:22:05 PM »

I enjoy having these portraits in my game and I appreciate that it covered pretty much all the vanilla factions. It's nothing too excessive and feels just about right.
why you'd want to replace the top notch vanilla portraits with this soulless AI puke is beyond me.
It's so bad, it even whitewashes people's ethnicity by making them look more white. It also turns every woman's portrait that had so much personality into nothing more than an odd doll that you see in those weird internet ads.
Honestly, the success of this mod is kinda beyond me. Why not just commission artists to draw or paint new portraits???

ps. old comment, plz do not respond
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 02:08:41 AM by Killer of Fate »
Pages: 1 [2] 3