Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Almost no Alpha core drops. Is it possible because of the Exotica mod?  (Read 454 times)

Maroon

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have been trying to collect Alpha cores and am having no luck. I have taken out dozens of redacted fleets, full strong fleets spawned by a nexus, and don't have a single Alpha to show for it. I've got a ton of Gamma and Betas so I know core drops aren't completely bugged. It's also weird that it will drop around 5 gamma and 1-2 betas per engagement but the AI captains of enemy ships are almost exclusively Alphas. I tried the trick where you put an Alpha core into a battle station and let it get destroyed and that also didn't yield a core (the one I had to place I got from some space rig, not combat). I've even gone in to the code and increased the drop rate (to 15%) and I'm still not seeing any Alpha cores.

I am, however, getting a bunch of Alpha sub-cores which is an Exotica mod from every fight. I'm wondering if maybe there was a mix-up and now I'm getting those sub-cores in place of regular cores? I've used the Exotica mod before but this is the first time I reached end-game on a playthrough with it. I searched the forums a little (terrible internet connection at the moment) and did find another guy who was having the same trouble with no Alphas spawning but he wasn't running Exotica and it seemed like the game itself just wasn't allowing it (he test-spawned fleets in a new save and they dropped correctly but not in his current one). Any thoughts?

unslaught

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Also, it appears that this mod stops AI cores from dropping from [REDACTED] fleets. I've just fought five full-size remnant ordos and haven't gotten a single core of any kind.
It might be caused by Everything Recoverable.

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Almost no Alpha core drops. Is it possible because of the Exotica mod?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 10:32:03 PM »

I just happened to have the same issue. No Alpha core drops, after installing Exotica (installed it in a late-game save).

I haven't yet found if this mod is the issue, but seems so. I'll start a new game and let you know.