Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 323037 times)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1410 on: July 22, 2023, 01:00:59 PM »

Funny, I consider the 'odd job' missions to be ideal starting missions. You get a decent payout and all you have to do is dodge one slow fleet you know is coming at some point. Normally I don't need any cargo capacity or surveying ships either.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 22, 2023, 03:45:01 PM »

Funny, I consider the 'odd job' missions to be ideal starting missions. You get a decent payout and all you have to do is dodge one slow fleet you know is coming at some point. Normally I don't need any cargo capacity or surveying ships either.
The thing about revenge fleet is it is relentless like the Terminator.  You can run but cannot hide.  It needs to be dealt with sooner or later, one way or another.  Last thing I need to worry about is a persistent enemy ready to pounce after I forget about it while busy doing something else.  My first experience was miserable (because my fleet was weaker), and I got rid of it by feeding it to my battlestation of my first colony where tac lance spam tore the enemy apart.  If I want to fight a bounty, I fight a bounty, not get mixed up in bounty mission disguised as a low-paying hitjob or whatever.  Even though bounties do not pay enough, the odd jobs pay even less (for the enemies that get in the way during or after the mission)!

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 22, 2023, 04:57:05 PM »

Are they? Huh. I had one experience where I dodged one, went to do another thing, then on my way back to the core saw it also going to the core on a parallel track (not hunting me, just going home) and I had to dodge it again. But that was the most persistent I saw one - all the rest just go away.

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 22, 2023, 07:30:10 PM »

I do the drop offs often enough, and I've never had to dodge the fleets more than the once. Not saying it can't happen, but "relentless" is not how I'd describe them

Of course, if I'm doing those missions it's early enough in the game that keeping my sensor signature low isn't too costly and I often run Sensors; someone hauling around an Atlas without insulated engines might have a lot more trouble losing those fleets.

(On the subject of "what doomfleets get up to when they lose track of you," I recently dodged the phase fleet from the questline that gets you Alpha Site's location, and it decided to return to its home port of ... Chicomoztoc. I found it there fighting the local patrol fleets to death later.)

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 22, 2023, 11:41:20 PM »

Dragging quest-spawned fleets into systems hostile to them is always a lot of fun. Don't fight them alone, get a Star Fortress to help!

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 23, 2023, 08:49:31 AM »

you think they would add more missions in the future? ever since the storyline quests we got in this current update we have barely gotten any new side missions to do. Would like the commission side to be explored since the only thing that ever was unique when being commissioned was the princess of eventide quest but that got sidelined quickly afterwards. would like more exclusive faction quests since they add more flavour to the games. I wonder if we get one exploring more about the remnant fleets
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 02, 2023, 11:24:34 PM »

Two months with no blog post or even teasers on Twitter. Come on, man.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 02, 2023, 11:26:39 PM »

Excuse me, they're called X teases now  8)
Please don't take me too seriously.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 02, 2023, 11:49:00 PM »

Excuse me, they're called X teases now  8)
Hah, watch everyone just keep on calling it Twitter. Screw Ol' Musky.

In before Thaago or Gothars lock this thread because it's "no longer productive".

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 02, 2023, 11:59:58 PM »

Well now that you've said it, it's inevitable.

But really on the topic of blog posts and teases, Alex said he's going to make a blog post about updated Hostile Activity mechanics once it's ready (obviously not yet). There might just not be anything interesting to tease, no new ships, no new weapons, no mind blowing QoL additions.

One thing that I really hope makes it into this one, which didn't for the current patch, is the SO rework. That could also be a whole blog post in itself.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 04, 2023, 09:27:52 PM »

Speaking on this topic seriously, I do hope to see teasers / insight on progress posted on a platform other than Twitter. It's incredibly inaccessible now unless you have an account, which I have no plans to make.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 04, 2023, 09:36:26 PM »

Speaking on this topic seriously, I do hope to see teasers / insight on progress posted on a platform other than Twitter. It's incredibly inaccessible now unless you have an account, which I have no plans to make.
Agreed on the twitter thing. Post those to the forums or the game blog! Even if it's not a full blog post, just a line of text and some demo animation. Twitter does not have a monopoly on tweet-length things!
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 05, 2023, 01:53:23 AM »

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27459.0

Already made a discussion about it and it seems they're thinking where to post them alongside Twitter.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 05, 2023, 06:19:30 AM »

Already made a discussion about it and it seems they're thinking where to post them alongside Twitter.
Why not here?  Look at early blogs here; they are rather short (unlike later blogs that are massive in comparison).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 06:21:17 AM by Megas »

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 06, 2023, 01:51:49 AM »

Don't bother making an account it's still limited. They added this nefarious rule where you can view only a few posts per day and then you are "Rate Limited". You can increase it but that means you have to subscribe to twitter for that. Let's hope there are other places to post upcoming blogs, would be a miracle to post it here or even a youtube channel
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 99