Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 323032 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #825 on: May 11, 2023, 09:30:38 AM »

Oh and I think the DPS of the Sarissa fighters is a bit overtuned, though that's just my first impression.

Inclined to agree, yeah!
Personally, I think the problem with the Sarissa is the damage type more than anything else. Replace the light autocannons with light assault guns, and it's suddenly better at fending off fighters and less problematic in terms of supporting high-tech ships with kinetic damage.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 11, 2023, 09:35:24 AM »

Personally, I think the problem with the Sarissa is the damage type more than anything else. Replace the light autocannons with light assault guns, and it's suddenly better at fending off fighters and less problematic in terms of supporting high-tech ships with kinetic damage.

Definitely true! But it's very much intended as a kinetic support fighter, that's its core design.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 11, 2023, 09:42:05 AM »

Definitely true! But it's very much intended as a kinetic support fighter, that's its core design.
Huh, really? I'd been under the impression its core design was anti-missile and anti-fighter; its description reads to me like that's the primary purpose, and the light autocannons are just kindof an extra bonus rather than the main point of the things.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 11, 2023, 09:43:32 AM »

Maybe replace two LCs with one DLC, assume wing of three.  Less DPS, less range, and less accuracy.

Huh, really? I'd been under the impression its core design was anti-missile and anti-fighter; its description reads to me like that's the primary purpose, and the light autocannons are just kindof an extra bonus rather than the main point of the things.
Sarissa reminds me of the '80s options or bits in shmups like Gradius or R-Type.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 11, 2023, 09:45:55 AM »

Maybe "main point" is too much, but it's definitely an integral part of it!

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 11, 2023, 09:51:47 AM »

I need help with something for the new update. while I was lurking around for some good map seeds I came across one that had a unique event happen when I started a survey of a tundra world. Had an old lady who was a descendant of a crew from the 1st AI war. to sum it up you had to report it to the hegemony and they get happy about it then the fun part begins. a short way from the tundra planet you came across a hidden cache surrounded by derelict ships but weirdly enough the cache was protected by Hegemony ships but are commanded by AI cores. After dealing with that I got into the cache and got something called the planet killer device. I do not know what it does and need help figuring out what to do with it. So far you can sell it for 500,000 credits but need to know if you can activate it.

Here is the seed if you want to try it out: AN-4336596315484825804

the planet is located in the Mam Star in the east of the Sector. It is near a black hole and blue Giant
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 11, 2023, 11:14:59 AM »

I need help with something for the new update. while I was lurking around for some good map seeds I came across one that had a unique event happen when I started a survey of a tundra world. Had an old lady who was a descendant of a crew from the 1st AI war. to sum it up you had to report it to the hegemony and they get happy about it then the fun part begins. a short way from the tundra planet you came across a hidden cache surrounded by derelict ships but weirdly enough the cache was protected by Hegemony ships but are commanded by AI cores. After dealing with that I got into the cache and got something called the planet killer device. I do not know what it does and need help figuring out what to do with it. So far you can sell it for 500,000 credits but need to know if you can activate it.

Here is the seed if you want to try it out: AN-4336596315484825804

the planet is located in the Mam Star in the east of the Sector. It is near a black hole and blue Giant

That is something you find during a quest but can also find without it, like the red planet quest.

Enjoyment Enjoyer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 11, 2023, 05:06:21 PM »

Hey, Alex! I think I found a bug concerning the PK mission and the option to give it to a certain faction. For other players: following is the story spoiler so if you haven't played yet - read at your own risk.

Spoiler
When I give the planet killer to Luddic Path to make them leave my colonies alone, there is no drop in hostile activity from their part whatsoever. It may be because I picked the lie option when accepting the quest to retrieve it, but I also acknowledge that this may be intended. Hence the question: is it intended that if you pick the lie option, pathers are somehow capable of discerning your dishonesty and refuse to stop terrorizing you because of it? Thanks in advance!
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 11, 2023, 05:57:17 PM »

Hi! Nope, this is a bug; fixed for the upcoming hot/warm fix.

Enjoyment Enjoyer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 11, 2023, 08:35:47 PM »

Hi! Nope, this is a bug; fixed for the upcoming hot/warm fix.

Got it, thanks a lot!

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 11, 2023, 08:49:50 PM »

Ballistic rangefinder's tooltip didn't light up the +100 range text for medium/large hybrid weapon when on ship with largest ballistic mount being medium. Test results indicates the bonus is still there, but tooltip was grey.
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 11, 2023, 09:08:05 PM »

Ballistic rangefinder's tooltip didn't light up the +100 range text for medium/large hybrid weapon when on ship with largest ballistic mount being medium. Test results indicates the bonus is still there, but tooltip was grey.

Fixed, thank you!

kanliot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 11, 2023, 09:18:15 PM »

When the ship is overloaded or venting, the raise shields/phase cloak command will be buffered if it was issued within 0.2 seconds of the overload/vent ending

That's some love I feel right there. Thx!

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 12, 2023, 12:50:52 AM »

Ever since I saw hegemony ships with AI cores is there a possibility this will become prevalant in future updates? I also hope there will more buffs and debuffs for the rest of the hullmods when having them built into the ship.
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 12, 2023, 07:43:34 AM »

Found a rather interesting bug: S-modding hullmods that are built into the ship will also S-mod them to all other versions of the ship you have.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 99