Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 322775 times)

itBeABruhMoment

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #810 on: May 10, 2023, 01:09:41 PM »

Not sure if flat out not counting them is a good idea. That's 6 ai core officers

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 10, 2023, 01:15:01 PM »

i think this could be indicated more clearly in their automated ship hullmod

Just got done removing an extra paragraph in that tooltip and highlighting the "does not require special expertise" bit in gold :)

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 10, 2023, 01:40:57 PM »

What the hell happened to Ordinance Expertise?!?
Like anyone can explain?

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 10, 2023, 01:47:11 PM »

It is, actually, since the tech involved is different and they don't require the Automated Ships skill to use! But there's a bug where I think they get listed for automated points in the fleet screen.

Man, now I dunno how I feel about that going the other way, because that makes Those Ships kind of... incredibly powerful. Those ships, basically being given to the player if they can defeat them, and they don't require Automated Ships? And they can still take cores and don't need crew? That's hefty, especially if a few in particular end up salvageable.

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 10, 2023, 02:02:57 PM »

What the hell happened to Ordinance Expertise?!?
Like anyone can explain?
umm... nothing?
what do you mean
Cabbage

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 10, 2023, 02:06:49 PM »

Yeah Ordinance Expertise is unchanged afaik?

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 10, 2023, 03:02:48 PM »

I found a bug during the PK quest
Spoiler
I could give it to the Hegemony and Tri-Tachyon by talking to a station commander, the option to give it to the Luddic Church was there but they wouldn't take it cause its against their religion, there's no option to give it to the Persean League.When i tried giving it to the Sindrian Diktat the option was there but when i clicked it it said "Error: no rule found for option pk_turnInDiktat, adding a failsafe option to exit dialog."
[close]

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 10, 2023, 04:01:25 PM »

This is not a bug; neither of those is a military (read: usable-in-combat) ship.
Bulk Transport specifically references the Civilian Grade hull mod.  Not a bug, just an error.

Sly

• Commander
  • Afflicionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 10, 2023, 09:26:51 PM »

There's a small typo in the Mudskipper's description, where it talks about the name.

RoadTrain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 11, 2023, 04:46:58 AM »

This is not a bug; neither of those is a military (read: usable-in-combat) ship.
Bulk Transport specifically references the Civilian Grade hull mod.  Not a bug, just an error.

Unless the wiki is outdated (which is entirely possible), it simply mentions 'non-militarized civilian grade ships'. Whilst it is easy to assume this refers to the civilian-grade hull hullmod, there is a distinct difference between the two as is shown by the two ships in question. Perhaps it could somehow be clarified in the game which ships are affected by this? Currently it seems that a ship has to either have no weapon mounts or the civ grade hullmod in order to be classed as civilian... though now I am curious what happens if you fit them with a fighter bay, will that still make them eligible because at that point they are TECHNICALLY usable as carriers. Would you want to? Absolutely not. Still fun to think about though...

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 11, 2023, 05:06:38 AM »

Unless the wiki is outdated (which is entirely possible), it simply mentions 'non-militarized civilian grade ships'. Whilst it is easy to assume this refers to the civilian-grade hull hullmod, there is a distinct difference between the two as is shown by the two ships in question. Perhaps it could somehow be clarified in the game which ships are affected by this? Currently it seems that a ship has to either have no weapon mounts or the civ grade hullmod in order to be classed as civilian... though now I am curious what happens if you fit them with a fighter bay, will that still make them eligible because at that point they are TECHNICALLY usable as carriers. Would you want to? Absolutely not. Still fun to think about though...
Ships with "Civilian" tag counts as civilian, but the tags of ships are not shown in game, you can only precisely determine if a ship is civilian by either looking up the custom production/doctrine civilian options or look into ships.csv file. An in-game indicator is well appreciated.
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 11, 2023, 07:16:06 AM »

Yeah Ordinance Expertise is unchanged afaik?
Exactly!!!!!!
How it is even possible?

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 11, 2023, 07:32:19 AM »

though now I am curious what happens if you fit them with a fighter bay, will that still make them eligible because at that point they are TECHNICALLY usable as carriers.
As phase ships, the Phantom and Revenant can't be fitted with a fighter bay.

Delta_of_Isaire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 11, 2023, 09:06:12 AM »

It's the release! Wow! So come June 1st we might be able to play again  :D  (waiting for those hot/warm fixes to drop)

Meanwhile we can play around with the new toys.

One thing I noticed about the Proximity Charge Launcher: it does NOT auto-fire against enemy fighters. Even the AI doesn't actively shoot them at fighters. Sim a Legion with 5x PCL and no other weapons against the three SIM Condors, activate autopilot, and watch the Legion die helplessly while barely firing any charges. For a weapon tagged "Anti-Fighter" that is kind of disappointing.

Oh and I think the DPS of the Sarissa fighters is a bit overtuned, though that's just my first impression.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 11, 2023, 09:16:27 AM »

One thing I noticed about the Proximity Charge Launcher: it does NOT auto-fire against enemy fighters. Even the AI doesn't actively shoot them at fighters. Sim a Legion with 5x PCL and no other weapons against the three SIM Condors, activate autopilot, and watch the Legion die helplessly while barely firing any charges. For a weapon tagged "Anti-Fighter" that is kind of disappointing.

Oh, that's definitely a bug! Fixed this up, thank you for mentioning it.

Oh and I think the DPS of the Sarissa fighters is a bit overtuned, though that's just my first impression.

Inclined to agree, yeah!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 99