Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 323013 times)

PixiCode

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #765 on: May 08, 2023, 05:30:41 PM »

I love the update so far. The new quest content is written in a very fun and engaging manner, the new content is really fun. new toys are great, the event system has a lot of potential and is really cool, the improved UI is really nice.

I’m posting a question in regards to the new toys. It looks like the Invictus does not use 10% of its minimum 5% armor when it is stripped, but actually the full armor as if the ablative hullmod is ignored.

Someone posted a video of them shooting a railgun at an invictus with stripped armor. The railgun was dealing its minimum 15% damage to hull instead of the expected ~57% or so (it was an invictus with AWM and nothing else - so it had 11,000 armor)

So the apparent(?) behavior is that the invictus is acting like it has 11,000 * 0.05 armor when all armor is stripped in a damage area, and not 11,000 * 0.05 *.1

Is that intended? I tried doing a forum search on this topic and didn’t see any. Hopefully I didn’t miss any.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 08, 2023, 05:32:03 PM »

So the apparent(?) behavior is that the invictus is acting like it has 11,000 * 0.05 armor when all armor is stripped in a damage area, and not 11,000 * 0.05 *.1

Is that intended? I tried doing a forum search on this topic and didn’t see any. Hopefully I didn’t miss any.

Not intended! Fixed this earlier today.

PixiCode

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 08, 2023, 05:38:13 PM »

Oh thanks! Sorry if it was already reported.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 08, 2023, 05:46:54 PM »

No worries - someone told me about it on twitter :)

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 08, 2023, 06:35:56 PM »

Figured I'd add my take on slipstreams in case no one's said anything similar before.

As much as I really hate (in the moment) going around or e-burning through them when I run into them randomly, I think they're a perfectly reasonable obstacle. As a utility, though, I think they'd be much more meaningful for me at least if, for example, slipstreams were visible on the star map within a certain radius around your position, ideally a radius a few times larger than the maximum amount the camera can zoom out.
It may just be that my brain is small, but I find that 95% of the time, slipstreams are useless and moderately annoying to me simply because there isn't any clear way to factor them into my travels. Nearly every time I see one, it's something I didn't plan to encounter and is simply either not useful to me at the time or in my way. There have been a very small number of occasions where it just so happened that I found one leading more or less in the exact direction I was already going, but these instances are rare.
The issue could also be I'm just not thinking of ways I could be using them. I do that a lot in any game and in life. Plus in Starsector I always play in what seems like objectively the wrong way (based on how ships are outfitted automatically by the game and the way people design ships in mods), at least where combat is concerned.

It really isn't as big of a deal as I might be making it sound, but seeing how I always use an absurdly huge map thanks to the Adjusted Sector mod, I think it would be neat to have the ability to plan voyages to some extent using the chains of slipstreams that pop up on occasion. Just an idea I think sounds neat.

Sts678

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 08, 2023, 11:17:33 PM »

Hello Alex, the price of Gazer missile pod seems to be wrong. A medium missile weapon only costs 300?

Sts678

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 08, 2023, 11:35:17 PM »

Hello Alex, I find some change about factions' markets. I can find a Medusa Class hull in the black market of Hegemony. And now Independent has Scrab class in its markets? Are these situations caused by bugs or adjustments?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 09, 2023, 12:12:20 AM »

The Gigacannon turret sprite is off-center for me. The most glorious Sindrian strike weapon in the arsenal, and the engineers don't know how to center it on the turret ring!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 12:14:11 AM by CrashToDesktop »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Zaizai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 09, 2023, 12:46:37 AM »

This is the situation I'm always finding myself in. I need to go to the planet on the system on the right but the slipstream is in the way. Sure I can emergency burn and get there eventually, but it's just an annoyance.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 09, 2023, 12:49:19 AM »

Just cross at the thinnest part and turn off sustained burn, you don't even need to E-burn. I'm starting to think people are just lazy and they want to look at their phones while they travel.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Zaizai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 09, 2023, 02:05:59 AM »

Just cross at the thinnest part and turn off sustained burn, you don't even need to E-burn. I'm starting to think people are just lazy and they want to look at their phones while they travel.
While the hyperspace travel is so boring that I want to alt tab and do other things, as I said in my post, quote: "Sure I can emergency burn and get there eventually, but it's just an annoyance." 
doesn't mean I can't do it, it's just something else on top of the storms that made traveling in the hyperspace even more annoying than before.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 09, 2023, 02:24:56 AM »

What do you mean by "eventually"? It just adds a few seconds to correct your course. And if you really don't like Hyperspace travel that you want to alt tab, just get that Hyperdrive mod mentioned earlier, I saw it was updated recently on discord so it should work fine.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 09, 2023, 02:26:12 AM »

I'm literally telling you that emergency burn isn't even necessary. And as another comment said in another thread, it's impossible they're always an annoyance. By pure statistics you're going to have same helpful ones, some less so. Unless you deliberately go against them each half of the cycle.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Zaizai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 09, 2023, 02:34:56 AM »

I'm literally telling you that emergency burn isn't even necessary. And as another comment said in another thread, it's impossible they're always an annoyance. By pure statistics you're going to have same helpful ones, some less so. Unless you deliberately go against them each half of the cycle.
I've literally never found a single one of them that went in the same direction I was going, except once, but it overshoot my destination and got me somewhere where there was another stream wall..... 

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 09, 2023, 02:44:58 AM »

There are four directions you can encounter slipstreams in: same as travel, which is good; opposite, which is a bit annoying, but fixable with just taking a slightly different angle; left, which means crossing it and losing a bunch of time; and right, which is the same as left but reflected. 
So, statistically, you will encounter a helpful stream about 1/4th of the time.
There are diagonals, but on a diagonal, a stream is either helpful or you need to cross it, so it's a 50/50 there.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 99