Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 322857 times)

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #705 on: May 06, 2023, 08:16:09 PM »

I can do a proper bug report (if requested), but I noticed the little Hermes shuttle's d-mod you pick up from Asharu's abandoned mining platform can't seem to be repaired with Hull Restoration.

I noticed this when I picked up a heavily d-modded Astral which I was hoping to repair while mothballed and noticed it had been a bit of a long time before the last d-mod repair.  Were d-mods still removed from ships when mothballed in 0.95.1 before, or maybe I just had assumed wrongly without testing it properly?

In any case once I took it out of mothballed mode and left it for a while it did start repairing the d-mods so I'm guessing that even if it wasn't like that in 0.95.1 that it is intended to work like that for this newer version.

Anyway, the rambling post was because I wasn't sure whether the Herme's shuttle was preventing further repairs but I discovered with a bit of testing that no, it wasn't the Herme's, but the fact that I had mothballed the Astral...however the Herme's d-mod still can't seem to have it's d-mod removed with Hull restoration so that is still a small bug I'm guessing.

Also, many thanks for the new update; I was part way through 0.95.1 in anticipation of the new release (so was rushing through that game so I could have a fresh comparison ready), and I had intended to start a new game if 0.96 released (and play through it much slower) and so it did!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 08:18:56 PM by Baqar79 »

itBeABruhMoment

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 06, 2023, 09:20:20 PM »

The luddic path Manticore is listed as a pirate ship in its description

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 06, 2023, 10:47:31 PM »

Wasn't Breach supposed to get a new "high tech" sprite?

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 06, 2023, 10:57:09 PM »

Huh, so not only Executor, but the Venture variants are also missing from the Codex. Well they're definitely not secret content.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 06, 2023, 11:02:43 PM »

Same for the mining blaster. I'm actually rather disappointed as I'd love to use the new mining blaster on my high tech ships, but it just looks so ugly...

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 06, 2023, 11:18:02 PM »

The sprites did get tweaked, the formerly-grey sections on the launcher and rear half of the missiles now have a blue hue to them. Visually fits a lot better on most of the vanilla Midline and High Tech ships IMO.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 07, 2023, 01:55:02 AM »

I noticed the Executor is listed as a Midline ship even though the description and sprite both point to it being a Lion's Guard ship. Also none of the Lion's Guard ships including the Executor are showing up in the codex.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 07, 2023, 02:39:41 AM »

Not mentioned in changelog: Adaptive Phase Coils now cost 5/10/15/25

Solar Shielding damage reduction was nerfed to 10%
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 02:44:28 AM by Lawrence Master-blaster »

PsychoThruster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 07, 2023, 06:46:29 AM »

Will doing a fresh install to take advantage of the hotfixes mess up my save? My .95 save got borked going to .96 which I suspected, but my latest save is from Friday when the new version dropped.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 07, 2023, 07:01:00 AM »

Energy Bolt Coherer is called exactly the same on both Apex and LG ships, yet it's not the same buff for all.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 07, 2023, 07:29:08 AM »

I noticed the Executor is listed as a Midline ship even though the description and sprite both point to it being a Lion's Guard ship. Also none of the Lion's Guard ships including the Executor are showing up in the codex.

Thank you, fixed!

Will doing a fresh install to take advantage of the hotfixes mess up my save? My .95 save got borked going to .96 which I suspected, but my latest save is from Friday when the new version dropped.

Your new save should be fine!

Energy Bolt Coherer is called exactly the same on both Apex and LG ships, yet it's not the same buff for all.

Right, the hullmod has different effects on automated ships vs not; the tooltip explains it.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 07, 2023, 07:36:29 AM »

Right, the hullmod has different effects on automated ships vs not; the tooltip explains it.
Oooh, I apologize then. Mods have taught me that if a tooltip is very long, I skip straight to the highlighted part that matters.

Duloth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 07, 2023, 11:26:01 AM »

First playthrough on the new patch and.... yeah, the pirates/path bit is a bit excessive for colonies now. Even if you spend the entire time babysitting your colony crushing pirates, you end up with penalties and it rapidly gets out of hand; honestly, it just doesn't make sense. If every pirate base that gets setup dies, and the star system is a graveyard of hundreds, thousands, of destroyed pirate ships, the warlord Kanta is lying on a broken ruin of a sat-bombed husk and every pirate world is either gone or broken.... still, they keep coming, and the counter builds up to the next raid. Basically, building a colony turns it into a defense game; even with a high command and a star fortress, its still going to be suffering dramatically from pirates by the time you get a mission done.

Founding a colony before starting the main quest, and before I get to the ziggurat, I've already destroyed more pirate ships than the Hegemony has ships total; how the heck any of these nations can stay afloat amidst the endless sea of pirates and pathers is a huge question; the pirates are definitely the largest and most powerful faction in the current game by sheer weight of numbers.

So.... essentially, the colony stuff is now just an end-game, whereas before it was something you could viably do while working the main quest, every few missions stopping to track down a path or pirate base.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 07, 2023, 11:44:05 AM »

Hmm, I don't think that checks out from my experience. You can basically ignore hostile activity and a colony can do fine; even the highest level penalties aren't that bad.

What kind of monthly points gain are you seeing? There's one likely raid at 75 points and it's non-repeatable, and after that building up to 500 points takes a while. You're unlikely to have more than... not an exact number, but like +15/20 per month from pirates alone? So you're looking at over 1.5 cycles between raids at worst, and killing a few fleets now and again sets it back a lot. And the bonus from increased defenses/a military base is going to drag this time out *a lot*, possibly stalling it out completely. This just doesn't add up; you're not going to be seeing pirate raids all that often unless there's a bug.

And there are options for dealing with each of the hostile activity factors individually; the tooltips offer some information as to how you might do that.

I mean, if you install a ton of AI cores and event progress ramps up more quickly because of that, then yeah - but then that would be entirely on you, right? And at worst the core bonuses should more than cancel out the penalties from high hostile activity levels.

I'd love to see what you're actually seeing; this doesn't make a lot of sense to me and it's possible there may be a bug somewhere.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 07, 2023, 12:00:38 PM »

In combat, is the "i" key supposed to auto-destruct my converted hangar Xyphos on a Retribution?  I accidently hit it while not on the command layer, and my Xyphos blew up. Repeatably.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 99