Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 323058 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #690 on: May 06, 2023, 08:24:41 AM »

I mean that's all cool but that won't probably make it into a patch, especially in one of the hotfixes. I just want to fight cruisers which are not low tech and won't run away from you at the first sign of higher flux.
Please don't take me too seriously.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 06, 2023, 08:43:37 AM »

TBH, rather than adding more regular ships, I'd prefer there be some point where the REDACTED did appear in the simulator.  Maybe some mini-quest about the origins of the AI war or something, and then they show up in the simulator and codex.
Just add variants as the player finds them. Gotta catch 'em all.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 06, 2023, 10:15:26 AM »

I do believe the "Old Man" mission might be ... repeating? Though, perhaps something got gummed up in the works when I reloaded a save at some point or another, but I'm fairy certain I delivered that man already and yet he's popped up again.

It definitely is repeating, not a reload/save issue.  I've seen it 3 times in an iron man game so far.

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 06, 2023, 10:24:55 AM »

Is it just me or do the laser missiles overall feel a bit underwhelming? The dragonfire large for example has 5 ammo and each deal 3000 energy damage, the missile says its fast and prevents pd but from playtesting the missile seems to die really fast when its hit with pd, and costs 28 op, the cyclone reaper launcher has 20 ammo(fires 10 times, 2 reapers at a time) and deals 8000 total HE damage for 26 op.
You could argue that the reaper is much harder to hit but the payoff is much greater imo, specially now that the reaper shoots faster and the fact that the dragonfire deals soft flux.
What do you guys think?

Zaizai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 06, 2023, 10:26:53 AM »

For the love of Ludd please let me complete the new questline.... 
I went to talk to someone in a luddic path planet, and I got greeted by a whole armada that I somehow destroyed...but now I can't speak to that person because of that fight that THEY initiated, and I won't be able to for "many months". 
This is SO frustrating as I saved after the fight before even thinking that could happen since it's a quest....

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 06, 2023, 10:32:14 AM »

Is it just me or do the laser missiles overall feel a bit underwhelming? The dragonfire large for example has 5 ammo and each deal 3000 energy damage, the missile says its fast and prevents pd but from playtesting the missile seems to die really fast when its hit with pd, and costs 28 op, the cyclone reaper launcher has 20 ammo(fires 10 times, 2 reapers at a time) and deals 8000 total HE damage for 26 op.
You could argue that the reaper is much harder to hit but the payoff is much greater imo, specially now that the reaper shoots faster and the fact that the dragonfire deals soft flux.
What do you guys think?
Still a bit early to tell but I share your sentiments for now. It's just a question are you willing to trade a lot of potential damage for a higher chance of hitting the target. It's ok for AI ships at the end of the day.

But the real victim here is the poor gutted Hurricane. It got nerfed way too many times.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 06, 2023, 10:56:46 AM »

Another hotfix is up! Details in OP; fixes the Hostile Activity intel crash and some other issues.

Cubano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 06, 2023, 11:26:37 AM »

Stupid question. The hotfix can be installed over the previous install or need to uninstall previous version first?

Zaizai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 06, 2023, 11:40:21 AM »

I know it may seem stupid, but now that we have large pilums, I really NEED small mount single pilums....then I can have my dream pilum boat support ship

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 06, 2023, 11:45:13 AM »

Stupid question. The hotfix can be installed over the previous install or need to uninstall previous version first?

Either way should be fine; I'd say just install over it and only bother uninstalling/manually deleting stuff if there's a problem. That *can* happen sometimes - windows can be a bit weird about deleting files etc - but it's quite rare.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 06, 2023, 04:28:16 PM »

Nice update, thank you Alex.
And the new music, both for the Persean League and the exploration, is very cool.

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 06, 2023, 06:11:57 PM »

Woooooo!  Congratulations!  Thanks for all the new story mechanics and content plus ships, weapons, and moddability enhancements.  I have in Realistic Combat replaced with calls to your API expansions all introspective black magic hitherto-necessary to modify the specs of wings, weapons, projectiles, and beams—but calls to the following two methods:

Code
beamWeaponSpecProxy.setDamagePerSecond(float damagePerSecond);
beamWeaponSpecProxy.setEmpPerSecond(float empPerSecond);

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 06, 2023, 06:54:27 PM »

But the real victim here is the poor gutted Hurricane. It got nerfed way too many times.
I tried MIRV, and while it has better maneuverability than last release, it is not enough, about half the warheads miss a medium-sized target moving about, and I feel like I still need ECCM to use it effectively.  I prefer the MIRV from the previous release (because I need ECCM either way).  If MIRV will keep seven warheads, it needs to be like its incarnation from early releases (up to 0.65a), perhaps with regeneration like in 0.65a.

Meanwhile, I like the new Hydra as a Locust alternative (in terms of endurance) against human fleets that have insignificant PD.  (I am still in midgame, just built my first colony.)

Dragonfire feels like a beam MIRV.  Smaller enemies dodge some of it too easily, kind of like sidestepping enemies' hitscan railgun in some old FPS games.  Seems to be made against big targets like MIRV.  Dragonfire looks so nice, but it has been a bit of a letdown.  Gorgon/Hydras seem more useful and fine, although I will probably eat those words after I meet stronger enemies with better PD.

Sly

• Commander
  • Afflicionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 06, 2023, 07:15:48 PM »

Wanted to pop in and comment on hyperspace topography real quick.

Additions are fantastic. Before it was a mix of intuition, experience, and luck to find a solid slipstream. Now I can scan as I please and unlock benefits for doing it, and it feels quite natural as part of the exploration ecosystem. I don't feel an immediate urge to:

Spoiler
unlock gate travel ASAP
[close]

Nice work.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 06, 2023, 07:25:26 PM »

Hmm, keeping the MIRV feedback in mind, for sure.

Wanted to pop in and comment on hyperspace topography real quick.

Additions are fantastic. Before it was a mix of intuition, experience, and luck to find a solid slipstream. Now I can scan as I please and unlock benefits for doing it, and it feels quite natural as part of the exploration ecosystem. I don't feel an immediate urge to:

Spoiler
unlock gate travel ASAP
[close]

Nice work.

Ahh, thank you! Hearing that seriously makes me happy, it was one of the things I was least sure about how it'd come across.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99