Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 322946 times)

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #630 on: May 05, 2023, 12:42:34 PM »

yay, have to stop playing diablo2r for a while

back to starsector^^

hope some paused mods will come back soon ;)

itBeABruhMoment

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 05, 2023, 12:59:57 PM »

The AI feels so much better now for high tech ships. In 0.95 they tended to just stick near or hide behind allies and rarely ever went on attack runs. Now they seem to go on attack runs a lot more and the hiding behind allies behaviour seems mostly gone

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 05, 2023, 01:18:32 PM »

Honorific seems locked after character creation.  We can rename our characters, but we cannot change from Sir to Captain or vice-versa.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 05, 2023, 01:19:27 PM »

Combat

Added option to make strafe key a toggle; added UI element to show "strafe lock" status

Finally, thank you very much! :D

Edit: Also, quite important:

My current save is quite advanced and going rather well, I'd rather not start again.

Can I continue my save with this patch or am I forced to start over?

Thank you for your replies.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 01:21:07 PM by Euphytose »

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 05, 2023, 01:38:28 PM »

Edit: Also, quite important:

My current save is quite advanced and going rather well, I'd rather not start again.

Can I continue my save with this patch or am I forced to start over?

Thank you for your replies.

You will not be able to continue it in a .96 install. See the previous page, however, as you can simply install a .96 client in a separate folder and keep your .95.1 install intact without any problems.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 05, 2023, 01:41:10 PM »

Where does it say I can't continue it? I read the previous page but didn't find anything like that. Alex said to install the game "fresh", but I didn't think it would mean losing my save. :-\

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 05, 2023, 01:48:04 PM »

Where does it say I can't continue it? I read the previous page but didn't find anything like that. Alex said to install the game "fresh", but I didn't think it would mean losing my save. :-\
Just saw Alex says that in a bug report thread. He got so used to saying that for patches he thought it was common sense. Guess it's still worth repeating.

I usually just have a habit of always starting up a new run for a "fresh" experience.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Nao

• Ensign
  • (A!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 05, 2023, 01:50:03 PM »

Yay super excited, as per usual starting with complete vanilla <3. Thank you!

Btw "Added option to make strafe key a toggle; added UI element to show "strafe lock" status" does not work. There is an ui element showing "strafe lock" but you still have to hold shift to strafe. (i think invert behavior is overriding it). Am i missing something?

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 05, 2023, 01:50:44 PM »

Damn... I also usually restart every patch but I literally got my Paragon today with 4 Tachyon Lances, that sucks. And I had pretty good colonies too.

Not sure I will install the patch right now then.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 05, 2023, 01:54:46 PM »

Gonna take a Starsector break while I wait for all 150 of the mods I use to update.... might be while.  :P

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 05, 2023, 02:26:13 PM »

Things have escalated quickly in this first run:

Sindrian Shenanigans! Just stopped in to...see the sights...and get thrown into a conspiracy. Heck yeah! My fleet was too small to even tackle the first mission so I'm just out exploring for now.

New weapons! The Kinetic Blaster is not what I expected and I don't think it's the cure-all that people expect it to be. That said, it does have a niche. The G I G A C A N N O N is basically a better AM Blaster with 700 range (and without charges). 2000 damage! I really like the flavor text for it.

The most unexpected, but awesome, change I've experienced thus far is the new music. Especially the ambient stuff while exploring in systems. I mean, perfect eerie atmospheric mood music. Makes you feel alone, isolated, and on edge. Maybe it's because [REDACTED] were about but it really (and I do mean really) adds to the experience.

I've only seen a few of the new ships as they fly by but I can't wait to see more.

Also, just in my brief foray into exploring, I feel like "loot" density is up. I found two orbital habitats around the same planet and it feels like weapon/supply caches are more common. I have a super small sample size but it felt like there was a lot more in each system. Also, just more fleets flying around in general. I was ganked by a massive (4x Prometheus, 2 Auroras, a Champion, 2 Furies, tons of Destroyers and Frigates) fleet coming back from the fringe as I was leaving a system and then they turned pirate. They were headed back to some core world. Again, very little to go off of here, but there's just "more" of everything so far. I like it!

toopok4k3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 05, 2023, 02:43:39 PM »

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26558.0

Hello, possible problem with s-mod bonuses in main menu missions.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #642 on: May 05, 2023, 02:55:26 PM »

Always happy to see more official illustrations, can't wait to dive back into vanilla and check out the new stuff. Congratulations on the release!

sb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 05, 2023, 03:21:15 PM »

I have a question regarding the Ballistic Rangefinder. It's supposed to boost hybrid weapons but I fail to see any changes when mounting the now hybrid Mining Blasters or any other hybrid weapon. Is there something odd going on?

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 05, 2023, 03:33:57 PM »

I have a question regarding the Ballistic Rangefinder. It's supposed to boost hybrid weapons but I fail to see any changes when mounting the now hybrid Mining Blasters or any other hybrid weapon. Is there something odd going on?
I think it's only effective if the hybrid weapons are mounted in Ballistic-only slots. Last I recall, it's the SLOT TYPE that's factored into whether the weapon is affected or not.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 99