Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 323040 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #525 on: April 28, 2023, 02:47:46 AM »

Well if it doesn't release today, then it will release tomorrow, and if it doesn't release tomorrow, then it will release the day after that, and if it...
Please don't take me too seriously.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 28, 2023, 02:55:29 AM »

It is this weekend. I can feel it in my bones.

Alex please

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 28, 2023, 03:34:21 AM »

• Planetary Shield now protects the colony from the Meteor Impacts condition

Just realized this is just like the Planetary Shield: Access Control mod, any chance we can get the ground defense rework and Pather interest reduction too? (Like fully integrate the mod, if the Author allows it ofc)

Valinra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 28, 2023, 08:15:12 AM »

Well if it doesn't release today, then it will release tomorrow, and if it doesn't release tomorrow, then it will release the day after that, and if it...
Also if I keep checking hourly it will release faster, it's science.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 28, 2023, 08:50:43 AM »

• Planetary Shield now protects the colony from the Meteor Impacts condition

Just realized this is just like the Planetary Shield: Access Control mod, any chance we can get the ground defense rework and Pather interest reduction too? (Like fully integrate the mod, if the Author allows it ofc)
Considering that I built the mod to function as a suggestion backed by a "here's a working example of how this would play out", I'd be all for that.

Though with the implementation of pather interest as part of a "Hostile Activity" event, a straight copy of exactly how the mod works now might not be the best solution? I'm not sure.

Regardless, thank you for thinking that my mod is something worthy of being considered for integration!
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Solidus667

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 28, 2023, 11:16:02 AM »

One thing for QOL... Please put some kind of indikator for when you go in a neutron star system, thet you can know if you will got directly in a quasar or not... I hate to have to save scum the whole time when i wana go to a neutron system and loose a ton of suply becose of it.

Valinra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 28, 2023, 11:34:21 AM »

One thing for QOL... Please put some kind of indikator for when you go in a neutron star system, thet you can know if you will got directly in a quasar or not... I hate to have to save scum the whole time when i wana go to a neutron system and loose a ton of suply becose of it.
A QoL Suggestion: An indicator for when one goes into a neutron star system, informing you of if you will be directly in a quasar or where... I hate to have to save scum every time I wanna go into a neutron system and lose a ton of supplies because of it. (I'm not being a grammar Nazi, I want to clarify in case English isn't your first language and maybe help your issue)

There is a way to sort of tell where you will jump in. There are sometimes many wormholes you can pick from with small visual ques. Also you can transverse jump near them, other then that I agree it would be nice if every wormhole had a little more info as to what to expect in the crazy sectors.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 28, 2023, 12:55:16 PM »

Jumping blind into a pulsar beam is lame.  I have save-scummed before entering neutron stars because of pulsar beams.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 28, 2023, 01:40:50 PM »

There's a description somewhere in the game that suggests that sending a probe in first through a jump point is standard practice under some circumstances (warning for enemy fleets on the other side, I think?). Makes sense, and could also prevent you from, say, getting fried by a pulsar to plain bad luck.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 28, 2023, 03:20:04 PM »

As an ironman player, I've learned to transverse jump into pulsar systems with the bulk of a planet in between my ship and the neutron star, so that I come into the system in the "shadow" of the planet.  Your relative positioning to the transverse jump point seems to map roughly to where you show up in the system.

If there are no planets, you can try jumping in directly on top of the neutron star instead of through a standard jump point, and then emergency burn out if you get unlucky.  At that point you're at the narrowest point of the beam.

As a general rule, I don't go into neutron star systems unless I have transverse jump.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 07:55:19 PM by Hiruma Kai »

Solidus667

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 29, 2023, 03:26:48 AM »

A QoL Suggestion: An indicator for when one goes into a neutron star system, informing you of if you will be directly in a quasar or where... I hate to have to save scum every time I wanna go into a neutron system and lose a ton of supplies because of it. (I'm not being a grammar Nazi, I want to clarify in case English isn't your first language and maybe help your issue)

There is a way to sort of tell where you will jump in. There are sometimes many wormholes you can pick from with small visual ques. Also you can transverse jump near them, other then that I agree it would be nice if every wormhole had a little more info as to what to expect in the crazy sectors.

My good sir. You are correct thet english is not my first language, and its more like i was *** cos i got blasted like a MF and did a rant. Thanks for the correction and have a good one.

Valinra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 29, 2023, 12:00:21 PM »

My good sir. You are correct thet english is not my first language, and its more like i was *** cos i got blasted like a MF and did a rant. Thanks for the correction and have a good one.
I don't think you were *** as I only speak one language fluently enough to talk in forums and wish people would correct me without being rude in the ones that I try to learn, I'm sorry if it came off in any bad way. I agree with you on what you meant, the probes could be added for more detailed info/exploration. Maybe like a preview or a cooldown on needing supplies to warp back out of like 10 seconds.

Solidus667

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 29, 2023, 12:10:29 PM »

I don't think you were *** as I only speak one language fluently enough to talk in forums and wish people would correct me without being rude in the ones that I try to learn, I'm sorry if it came off in any bad way. I agree with you on what you meant, the probes could be added for more detailed info/exploration. Maybe like a preview or a cooldown on needing supplies to warp back out of like 10 seconds.

Dude no wories. I dident mean anything bad against you. I ment p i s e d. But censore got me. I was thet becose i got blasted, not thet you corrected me. No worries mate, every thing is good.

McTrigger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 29, 2023, 04:20:10 PM »

Jumping blind into a pulsar beam is lame.  I have save-scummed before entering neutron stars because of pulsar beams.

No one forced you to save scum.

I have no problem living with that particular consequence of space exploration. It's hardly game-over and you are given tools to escape scenarios like jumping into a Pulsar.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 29, 2023, 04:37:04 PM »

No one forced you to save scum.

I have no problem living with that particular consequence of space exploration. It's hardly game-over and you are given tools to escape scenarios like jumping into a Pulsar.
But the reload option is there, and there is every incentive to reload to undo that cheap shot.

If the fleet is blindsided and caught by a pulsar beam, escape is irrelevant, the damage is already done before fleet can escape.  Better for me to reload and try again.

P.S.  There are pre-jump warnings when jumping into a system when hostiles are camping at the gate or into a core world when transponder is off.  (In some earlier releases, there were no warnings, and there was requests for warnings, and they were added.)  Adding a warning when a pulsar beam overlaps the gate would be one less headache.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 04:48:32 PM by Megas »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 99