Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 323045 times)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #480 on: April 22, 2023, 05:32:36 PM »

Is the Invictus a threat when controlled by AI or is it also another player focused ship? Seems like their particular weakness would be very easy for player to exploit when fighting against them so I wonder if they are largely ineffective in enemy fleets.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 22, 2023, 06:16:30 PM »

Is the Invictus a threat when controlled by AI or is it also another player focused ship? Seems like their particular weakness would be very easy for player to exploit when fighting against them so I wonder if they are largely ineffective in enemy fleets.

I think its weaknesses are easy to exploit for AI-controlled ships, as well - it pretty much requires allied ships around it to function well, but it can be very powerful when it does.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 22, 2023, 07:50:39 PM »

Dominator can be very difficult to deal with if you can't flank it and don't have anything strong enough to face it head-on. I expect Invictus to be the same, but more.

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 23, 2023, 03:55:42 AM »

Whereas the Mk. IX is probably more useful as a generalist weapon (it does have decent damage/shot),

Stop staying that or Alex will nerf Mk. IX lol

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 23, 2023, 07:08:14 AM »

MK9 needs some recoil reduction (at least 50%) to be good.  It is too inaccurate on a turret out-of-the-box.

For its flux cost, inaccuracy is HAG's biggest problem too.  Would rather take Mjolnir (better accuracy) or ePD+Devastator (AoE and better efficiency) instead.  At least HAG will get better accuracy soon.

Valinra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 23, 2023, 09:27:23 AM »

It's been a long time since the last update. Like 16 months, I've read a lot that it is speculated it will be soon. I don't care for an ETA but is there a time frame in which we get updated somewhere else like a weekly blog. I really don't want to miss this update as I'm waiting to play again till then. Checking the website daily is a little obsessive tbh however worth it, it may be. Some people say Alex has weekly cycles and the patch notes are a good sign of a release and I encourage they take their due time. Also the MK IX is one of thee coolest guns, maybe the sole reason I undoubtedly like Starsector's guns over X4:Foundations Cannons. They actually do something for searching them out and per their model size. If he nerfed them, I would feel like the dmg wasn't proportional to the size of the model, like a .22 round fired out of a .44 magnum.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 23, 2023, 09:32:45 AM »

Just follow Alex on Twitter (if you use it), he posts frequently about the game and shows changes he's done here and there. You won't find such info anywhere else unless someone shares the link. You can't miss the update also if you're on the game's discord, you'll get pinged when the update goes live. And then there's the mailing list to which you can subscribe to on the game's website. But iirc that usually takes a day or two.

Basically the forums are the least reliable source since you have to manually open it each time to check if something happened, and then look for the little text at the top.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 23, 2023, 04:35:38 PM »

The Retribution's missile complement has been... reined in a bit, shall we say. It's still an awesome ship, but 6 medium missile slots was definitely way too much given its many other excellent qualities.

awww, that's a shame (though tbh I was concerned by the fact that it had 6 meds). I'm guessing the turrets got turned into pure ballistics, that seems like it'd cut off most of the possible busted-ness.
though it's still the bit of the update I'm anticipating most, getting a properly fast capital is gonna be a lot of fun

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 23, 2023, 11:32:10 PM »

The Retribution's missile complement has been... reined in a bit, shall we say. It's still an awesome ship, but 6 medium missile slots was definitely way too much given its many other excellent qualities.

awww, that's a shame (though tbh I was concerned by the fact that it had 6 meds). I'm guessing the turrets got turned into pure ballistics, that seems like it'd cut off most of the possible busted-ness.
though it's still the bit of the update I'm anticipating most, getting a properly fast capital is gonna be a lot of fun
maybe it just has less missile turrets instead of all the turrets being gone?
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 24, 2023, 12:41:31 AM »

Has the OP cost of the Sarissa been settled on yet?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 24, 2023, 12:45:45 AM »

Has the OP cost of the Sarissa been settled on yet?

Better ask about stats of the Kinetic Blaster. That weapon alone is going to have a huge effect on meta/ship fitting.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 24, 2023, 01:01:31 AM »

I know what I like, and what I like is off-meta.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 24, 2023, 02:57:17 AM »

maybe it just has less missile turrets instead of all the turrets being gone?

last we saw, the ship had 2 forward-firing composite (effectively pure missile, there's next to no reason to use a ballistic weap in them) turrets & 4 side-facing missile hardpoints (2 on each side), cutting out the front missiles would really cut down the potential reaper / PCL shenanigans.

Pablovansnogger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 24, 2023, 03:43:04 PM »

I’m hoping the 2 turrets were just combined into one, so that we can still have 5 medium missiles, but your guess is probably right…

Sly

• Commander
  • Afflicionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 24, 2023, 04:00:36 PM »

• Converted Hangar:
    • Reduced cost to 10 OP across the board (still can't be mounted on frigates)
    • Removed fighter speed/damage taken penalties and ordnance point cost increase
    • Increases the ship's deployment points and supply cost to recover from deployment by 1 per 5 OP spent on fighters, minimum of +1
    • Fighter replacement is 1.5x slower, in all aspects
    • Returning bombers take an extra 40% of the base refit time to relaunch (normally, it's <1 second)

There are a lot of changes I like, and definitely too much to say for certain without hands on, but this really drew my attention. Really looking forward to toying with this to see what kind of horrific chimeras I can regurgitate into an early game hobo fleet and onto some poor feller's tactical display. Gotta show the Pirates how it's done.

Maybe all game. Some things never change.

Cutting edge no-loss meta is nice for a zen-like rhythm, but it's fun to switch it up and make something just way too stupid to die, too.

The cherry on top is that with a bit of care you can return strikecraft for repairs. Human life doesn't really have much value in the Persean Sector, and the fleet doesn't mind whether or not you take care of them (no mechanic for it), but I like to bring as many of my guys home as possible. Always felt bad for the pilots who never had the opportunity to retreat.

Anyways, good luck on the update!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 99