Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 321508 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1275 on: May 28, 2023, 09:52:52 AM »

@ Dadada:  That ghost Monitor had a bigger blip than the usual random derelicts.  The text is not the same as ghost Remnants; but it is unusual.  I forgot what it said, but it hinted at spooky stuff, which was disappointing when the end result was yet another derelict human ship with more d-mods than usual.  I spent a story point to recover the Monitor to see if it had Automated Ship bolted on like the Sentinel guardians, but it did not.  I thought "Lame! I can buy or build a new one with less d-mods!" and reloaded the game and scrapped the ghost ship for salvage.

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 28, 2023, 10:07:49 AM »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior.  I went to Horus Yaribay looking for work (he's one of my five primary contacts this playthrough) and he had military bounties on offer.  I asked him for something challenging, and he gave me a Persean deserter bounty in the Zeta Kalico system.  I thought that sounded familiar, it's one of mine.  I have two size five colonies there.  Are bounties supposed to generate in inhabited systems?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 28, 2023, 10:40:06 AM »

It can happen, yeah. Argument to be made that perhaps it shouldn't; I'll keep that in mind!

Foraven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 28, 2023, 01:17:28 PM »

Not sure if it's vanilla code or interference from one of the installed mods, but the variety of bar encounters at my colonies are mostly pirates for some reason. I am at -100 with them yet I keep getting missions and other stuff from them there even though none of my colonies are free ports. I rarely get any legitimate missions there like trade or military stuff from my own faction.

Also, it would be nice if we had contacts generated at all our colonies so there is some reason to regularily visit our colonies (outside maintenance and storage).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 01:20:00 PM by Foraven »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 28, 2023, 02:03:35 PM »

Also, it would be nice if we had contacts generated at all our colonies so there is some reason to regularily visit our colonies (outside maintenance and storage).
It is possible to get pirate contacts (I got one from an arms dealer), just not those from your own faction (or at least I have not been able to get one no matter how many times I reload).  I would like to have a Military contact in my faction so I do not need to waste time traveling to core worlds to pick up bounties, either for Derelicts or the special Omega one.

I know there are military bounties in my colonies' bars, but they are sporadic and unreliable.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 28, 2023, 08:09:32 PM »

I think Hostile ships destroyed by Mercenaries/Patrols should also reduce hostile activity, it shouldn't just be from the player engaging them directly. Perhaps a randomized reduction every month if it's abstracted away?

And failed raids should also give reductions.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 29, 2023, 08:44:29 AM »

Got a bug. Somehow when a paragon uses the forward shield conversion hullmod it still behaves as if it still has an omni shield. had an incident where it turned off its shields to reduce flux right in beside a fulgent and 2 reapers.
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 29, 2023, 09:28:37 AM »

Got a bug. Somehow when a paragon uses the forward shield conversion hullmod it still behaves as if it still has an omni shield. had an incident where it turned off its shields to reduce flux right in beside a fulgent and 2 reapers.

Sounds similar to the Monitor shield conversion bug I reported few pages back. (that I think Alex missed)

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 29, 2023, 10:06:01 AM »

yeah i encounter this as well but this happens to me without an officer assigned to it. weird that ships are having some shield issues with the conversion hullmods
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 29, 2023, 10:13:21 AM »

Sounds similar to the Monitor shield conversion bug I reported few pages back. (that I think Alex missed)

Where was that? I remember we had a conversation about it but I couldn't reproduce the scenario. ... aaaah, I think you mentioned something about it only happening with Shield Conversion - Front, right, right. And it just kinda fell through the cracks on my end. But that was specifically to do with the retreat order. Took a look just now - was able to reproduce and fix this! But yeah, this was exclusive to the retreat order being given to the ship.

Hmm - I'll keep an eye out! It's really hard to tell just from a description whether this is a bug or not; with AI stuff being able to observe it directly in-game is worth its weight in gold. So if you've got a situation where it happens reliably or semi-reliably, that would be super, super helpful!

averagebaughb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 29, 2023, 03:13:25 PM »

When buying ships, should the open market have a bunch of D-mods, and the black market have almost no D-mods?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 29, 2023, 03:28:06 PM »

Yep. Thought the black market hulls could probably stand to be a bit less pristine.

Foraven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 29, 2023, 04:55:10 PM »

Yep. Thought the black market hulls could probably stand to be a bit less pristine.

Yeah, it should not be that easy for the black market to aquire prestine ships. Maybe black market could be reworked so prestine ships be sold at a premium price and be much rarer.

Btw, I figured out why ships often go sideway when under fire: they try to boost away... Problem is, many of the ships that attempt that either don't have the capability, or they don't have the charge to do it thus all they do is take more damage while turning their guns away from the enemy. At least that what I observed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 05:00:12 PM by Foraven »

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 29, 2023, 07:12:11 PM »

Yeah, it should not be that easy for the black market to aquire prestine ships. Maybe black market could be reworked so prestine ships be sold at a premium price and be much rarer.

Btw, I figured out why ships often go sideway when under fire: they try to boost away... Problem is, many of the ships that attempt that either don't have the capability, or they don't have the charge to do it thus all they do is take more damage while turning their guns away from the enemy. At least that what I observed.
If the ship's front armour is destroyed then the AI will turn it so fresh armor is facing the enemy.

There should be like two types of black markets. The cheap one run by poor people trying to avoid taxes and a rich black market run by professional smugglers trying to make money by getting around restrictions. Probably keep it all on the same page but have two different lists of ships to pick from.

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 30, 2023, 12:09:55 AM »

Is the following mods-or-vanilla-but-not-both behavior intended?  I have had to work around it. :( 
Code
Global.getSettings(String path, boolean withMods)
returns the entries from the merged weapon_data.csv for mods without the entries from the vanilla weapon_data.csv if withMods is true; else, it returns the entries from the vanilla weapon_data.csv with empty JSONObjects corresponding to the entries from merged weapon_data.csv for mods.  To have all weapon_data.csv entries in one JSONArray, I have had to load each one and then merge them with this code.
Code
        final JSONArray weapon_data_csv, weapon_data_csv_vanilla;
        try {
            weapon_data_csv = Global.getSettings().loadCSV("data/weapons/weapon_data.csv",
                                                           true);
        } catch (JSONException | IOException e) { e.printStackTrace(); return; }
        try {
            weapon_data_csv_vanilla = Global.getSettings().loadCSV("data/weapons/weapon_data.csv",
                                                                   false);
        } catch (JSONException | IOException e) { e.printStackTrace(); return; }
        for (int i = 0; i < weapon_data_csv_vanilla.length(); i++) {
            final JSONObject row;
            try { row = weapon_data_csv_vanilla.getJSONObject(i); }
            catch (JSONException e) { e.printStackTrace(); return; }
            final String weaponId;
            try { weaponId = row.getString("id"); }
            if (!weaponId.isEmpty())
                try { weapon_data_csv.put(weapon_data_csv.length(), row); }
        }
Edit: Users have reported that this code does not work either.
Edit: Trying this code. 
Code
Global.getSettings().getMergedSpreadsheetData("id", "data/weapons/weapon_data.csv")
It loads both vanilla and mod weapon_data.csv into one merged JSONArray on my end, and I hope it works on theirs.  Why does this method require a column name?  I had to guess and hope that "id" would work; the method returned everything rather than just "id".  I'm confused. :(
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 08:36:19 AM by Liral »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 99