Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: is there a mod to remove the exponential storypoint cost of improving industries  (Read 953 times)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile

i like building a single super OP colony and then place tons of industries on them and improving all of them. the problem isn't the cost of storypoints as such since i can just use console commands to get the required amount but that the time to apply those story points also seems to scale.

so if i improve a structure/industry and it costs 4 storypoints it takes less than a second to apply but since i run 100+ mods and add many of the included industries i end up spending 20mil storypoints to upgrade the last industries. for sure this was never intended and from me clicking to apply the game hangs 5-20min depending on storypoint cost.

so my question: is there a mod that makes improving buildings always cost 1 storypoint so the hanging issue never happens?

if not thats ok too since i'm not supposed to have these types of colonies anyway.

Proxima Centauri

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I don't know of one specifically, but you can always just use the console commands mod, hold ctrl + press backspace and type:

"addstorypoints x" x=how many storypoints you need :)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

I don't know of one specifically, but you can always just use the console commands mod, hold ctrl + press backspace and type:

"addstorypoints x" x=how many storypoints you need :)
His issue is that the game is trying to calculate the number of story points causing the hangup as he is attempting to improve the last industries.

Look in your setting.json.
Code
"industryImproveBase":2,
Change this to 1.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile

very nice thank you!