Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10]/[0.97a-RC8] WIP Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.7/0.8  (Read 14820 times)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10]/[0.97a-RC8] WIP Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.7/0.8
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2024, 12:55:06 AM »

@ TimeDiver Ok I can see the Ruthless sector is having an error before my code shows up, I'm going to quickly install that and try it myself.
Just tried a new start without Ruthless Sector enabled; did not get the CTD, so now to figure out which Ruthless Sector setting might be responsible, since I customized no small number of Ruthless Sector's settings through LunaLib.

Having said the above? An entirely new campaign start was required; I couldn't just load the already-created campaign (even 'fresh' from its Nexerelin start in Thule, the very first save created), got the same CTD even with Ruthless Sector disabled.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2024, 01:08:01 AM »

@ TimeDiver Ok I can see the Ruthless sector is having an error before my code shows up, I'm going to quickly install that and try it myself.
Just tried a new start without Ruthless Sector enabled; did not get the CTD, so now to figure out which Ruthless Sector setting might be responsible, since I customized no small number of Ruthless Sector's settings through LunaLib.

Having said the above? An entirely new campaign start was required; I couldn't just load the already-created campaign (even 'fresh' from its Nexerelin start in Thule, the very first save created), got the same CTD even with Ruthless Sector disabled.

So is the completely fresh start, allowing you to see inflated Monitors now? I could only test Ruthless sector from a new campaign and didn't run into any of those errors.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2024, 02:05:05 AM »

So is the completely fresh start, allowing you to see inflated Monitors now? I could only test Ruthless sector from a new campaign and didn't run into any of those errors.
Correct; Ruthless Sector had to be disabled entirely, but while I can safely view Monitors, a different fleet (spawned by Knights of Ludd) results in a crash-to-desktop instead.

At this point? I'm just going to set "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean" to false and leave it that way.

I want to keep my current campaign progress, and thus far? That setting is the only common factor in averting any CTDs; not even disabling/tweaking the various _scaling options in settings.json worked either.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2024, 02:56:28 AM »

@ TimeDiver "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean" is basically the kill switch for the entire inflation listener. With it set to false all the file does is import a few static values that it does nothing with. Changing the other values or booleans in the setting file shouldn't really affect the outcome of where the crash is happening.

What seems to be happening is when ships are being checked to see if they have inbuilt ballistic weapons for some reason the weapon IDs that are needed to check that are coming up as null, which I haven't been able to replicate. I asked about the monitors since they're one of the few vanilla ships that have built in ballistic weaponry on them.

For now it's probably wise to keep that setting disabled and I think it might be safe to say that as long as I'm mucking about with fixes to the inflation file or similar files that new saves are recommended.

DnaJur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2024, 08:06:34 AM »

https://pastebin.com/Wg9Zvigh

Not sure what caused this crash, it was when I was randomly flying around in hyperspace.

Sorry what version were you using? I've done a little editing at the line where it crashed, need to known if it needs another look or not.

Had the same crash happen using 0.8.004

Would you mind posting the crash log if possible?

Here is the log bit. Nothing intresting before that.
Spoiler
Code
18474741 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
at data.aaz_ar_hull_scripts.ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.reportFleetInflated(ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.java:587) ~[?:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportFleetInflated(ListenerUtil.java:400) ~[starfarer.api.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.createFleetTooltip(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.F.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[port.common_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1575) [?:?]
[close]

Was flying in Tartarus system from Scy Nation mod (Discord version)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 08:16:45 AM by DnaJur »

kadu522

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2024, 05:16:29 PM »

i'm haveing the same crashes on my end. but this time around the covenant (Halo Homesystem's mod). i can confirm this mod is working otherwise as i already did several bounty's and freelance fights in this save and all of them had AI augmented ships to some extent.

893969 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.aaz_ar_hull_scripts.ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.reportFleetInflated(ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.java:2721)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportFleetInflated(ListenerUtil.java:400)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.ooOO$2.O000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.ooOO$2.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.F.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Worth noteing that the crash happens in the map-layer once i enter that factions home system, ships outside of the system (as well from any other factions) as far as i can tell is not causeing crashing.
A Gameplay lover

warguy142

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2024, 12:16:11 PM »

Hello, I've installed this mod along with some others for a fresh install and campaign, what I've noticed is I don't have the Augmentation suite in the hull-mods list, However I've recovered ships from the AI who have the Augmentation suite already installed and I'm able to upgrade etc as normal.

The only option I have available is the Manual Maintanence Suite, I don't have any of the other suite such as the Flux vents and Coils etc.

I'm not getting any errors etc.

First image is the captured AI ship that already had the Aumentation Suite installed
Second image is a new ship I've bought and I do not have the option to put the Aumentation Suite in.

I am running Starsector 0.97a-RC11

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2024, 04:30:31 PM »

@ warguy142
I'm currently looking into it, I think it might be the result of fixing a mission related issue that's now barring sales.

EDIT: Sales are fine they just didn't spawn on a few new games.

Augmentation Suite, Flux Coil Auxiliary Suite, Ancillary Flux Radiator Suite and Manual Maintenance Operations Suite all need to be either bought, looted or salvaged, if you get ships that already have them installed you can use them without issue.

The mods are higher tiered 1-3 so you won't be able to buy them in open markets, either Military markets with rep or black markets. If you're having trouble finding them I'd suggest installing Stellar Networks and manually updating the mod info file with appropriate version numbers, you'll want to enable show black markets via the luna lib interface.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 04:52:44 PM by ctuncks »

warguy142

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2024, 05:17:13 PM »

Thank you, As soon as you replied I checked a nearby black market and found the modspec for the Aumentation Suite, must have been unlucky so far.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2024, 05:21:05 PM »

Thank you, As soon as you replied I checked a nearby black market and found the modspec for the Aumentation Suite, must have been unlucky so far.

All good I just thought for a moment that I'd used the wrong set of tags causing a sales issue. Doesn't help when some tags can do multiple different things and you may not know all of them.

pantsmode

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2024, 09:24:57 AM »

Getting a consistent CTD over here. Happens when More Military Bounties spawns in three fleets of Loulan Navy Recon ships to attack Jangala Station. Immediately as they pop onto the radar, I get a CTD for this reason:

622255 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
   at data.aaz_ar_hull_scripts.ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.reportFleetInflated(ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.java:587) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportFleetInflated(ListenerUtil.java:400) ~[starfarer.api.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.TacticalModule.hasEnoughStuffAround(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.TacticalModule.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.ModularFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[port.common_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1575) [?:?]

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2024, 09:35:17 AM »

Getting a consistent CTD over here. Happens when More Military Bounties spawns in three fleets of Loulan Navy Recon ships to attack Jangala Station. Immediately as they pop onto the radar, I get a CTD for this reason:
Speaking as someone who has also gotten no end of CTDs of a similar type, the only real (temporary) solution is to open <Starsector install path>\mods\AAZ_ARRUS_Hullmods 0.8.004\data\config\settings.json in NotePad (or equivalent) and change "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean": true to "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean": false.

This does prevent enemy fleets from spawning with this mod's additional hullmods (which make them a bit more challenging on average, especially early-to-mid campaign), but the CTDs result from multi-part ships with modules (usually capitals, but some mod's cruisers and even destroyers) not playing nicely with this mod's 'inflation' code.

pantsmode

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2024, 09:44:32 AM »

Speaking as someone who has also gotten no end of CTDs of a similar type, the only real (temporary) solution is to open <Starsector install path>\mods\AAZ_ARRUS_Hullmods 0.8.004\data\config\settings.json in NotePad (or equivalent) and change "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean": true to "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean": false.

This does prevent enemy fleets from spawning with this mod's additional hullmods (which make them a bit more challenging on average, especially early-to-mid campaign), but the CTDs result from multi-part ships with modules (usually capitals, but some mod's cruisers and even destroyers) not playing nicely with this mod's 'inflation' code.

Will check it out and get back to you, thanks.

EDIT: Worked perfectly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 11:06:41 AM by pantsmode »

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2024, 04:40:02 AM »

@ TimeDiver & pantsmode.

I've been looking into these crashes, I can't replicate them, but I believe I've learned something about them. I believe they're being caused by the code trying to extract and utilise weapon ID's from ships with built in weapons. Specifically what appears to be happening is a little further down the code from the ID extraction the ID is being used extract various weapon stats, (Usually Type/Size) and the code is somehow ended up with a null entry for the ID.

I believe this might be caused by inbuilt weapons with the SYSTEM ai hint. Usage of this hint seems to really inhibit how they can be interacted with and in testing I've found in some circumstance impossible to utilise them in some commands. For example if you try to use Lazy Wizard's console commands mod to give yourself a Thermal Pulse Cannon it fails since it has the SYSTEM hint.

I'm currently reworking the script so it doesn't try to ustilise the ID's to lessen the chance of a crash as well as inserting some null clauses around the offending areas.

It is going to require a fresh campaign though, once it's done.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2024, 05:26:41 PM »

0.75/0.85 Update on 1st page.

Not compatible with old saves.

1.   Reworked Implementation of Scion Control System, should help cut down on potential for memory leak.
2.   Auto Lockout on CPU ships has been reworked so ships with no Blueprints will not receive the hullmod, blacklist still works too. Should help stop losing potentially once off ships.
3.   Reworked area of CPU augmentation listener that was causing crashes. Adde some null clauses so it shouldn’t happen anymore.
4.   New Diagnostic – Weapons Almanac. A hullmod that will display the name and other details of various weapons depending on what filters are used in the Luna Lib settings. Requires Luna Lib but only for the hullmod itself, if not installed the hullmod will be hidden.

Please keep sending any crash logs if crashes occur.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:17:18 PM by ctuncks »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]