Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10]/[0.97a-RC8] WIP Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.7/0.8  (Read 14819 times)

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10]/[0.97a-RC8] WIP Aardwolf & Zenith: ARRUS Hullmods 0.7/0.8
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2024, 08:40:00 PM »

@ TimeDiver I really did have to remove a lot of them from mission use, too many of them pull campaign data that was leading to null crashes. It was just easier restricting them.
Understood, but I believe that updating the first post of the thread to indicate a lack of save compatibility between 0.65 and 0.8 (requiring dangerous edits to campaign.xml to get around) would be prudent.

Oh thanks, thought I'd already put something like that there.

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2024, 09:05:26 PM »

Gotta say, this certainly makes your early/mid game rough until you can find the Augmentation Suite somewhere, as randomly generated NPC fleets can be packing some seriously heavy amount of hullmods.
That being said, the new way you have things split up is certainly much nicer looking, and you only have to find the 'base' hullmod instead of trying to find each individual level. So once you get those base hullmods, you're ready to go!

Mind my early/mid game likely gets so rough because I'm running a lot of other mods that add more hullmods, so there's just a variety of good combat ones they start pulling from.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2024, 12:31:58 AM »

Gotta say, this certainly makes your early/mid game rough until you can find the Augmentation Suite somewhere, as randomly generated NPC fleets can be packing some seriously heavy amount of hullmods.
That being said, the new way you have things split up is certainly much nicer looking, and you only have to find the 'base' hullmod instead of trying to find each individual level. So once you get those base hullmods, you're ready to go!

Mind my early/mid game likely gets so rough because I'm running a lot of other mods that add more hullmods, so there's just a variety of good combat ones they start pulling from.

If you're not using it already I'd suggest installing Stellar Networks (needs an update or manual tweak to work) since it allows you to search for markets with specific items for sale, including hullmods.

Versil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2024, 07:15:25 AM »

ctuncks this mod affected to factions? I'm looting defeated warship and it's already have Augmentation Suite with Penultimate Upgrade Package (-750 OP). Is there any way to disable this?

upd: ah, i see. It's CPU Distribution feature
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 07:37:50 AM by Versil »

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2024, 05:08:48 AM »

Noticed that when I hover over enemy ships to recover after combat, it sometimes makes a coin clinking sound and suddenly several story points and lots of credits are gone without me doing anything. Only happens to ships that have the upgrade package and only once per ship. It also only takes story points if the ship has a superior or greater package, the notable ones only makes the sound. Definitely something to do with this mod, as I added it to my modded run mid-save, and only just started to have it happen now.

From my guess, when I hover over the ship it's seeing the ship having upgrade packages, and taking what it would cost to add the packages (the credits and story points) out of my account. This also only seems to occur if I've already learned the Augmentation Suite hullmod.

This happens even when I cut my modlist down to only this, Nexerelin, and console commands (along with their dependencies) on a new save, so it's likely not a compatibility issue, and I'm running the 0.97 version.

Any idea what is happening here?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 08:07:27 AM by miles341 »

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2024, 06:21:29 PM »

Noticed that when I hover over enemy ships to recover after combat, it sometimes makes a coin clinking sound and suddenly several story points and lots of credits are gone without me doing anything. Only happens to ships that have the upgrade package and only once per ship. It also only takes story points if the ship has a superior or greater package, the notable ones only makes the sound. Definitely something to do with this mod, as I added it to my modded run mid-save, and only just started to have it happen now.

From my guess, when I hover over the ship it's seeing the ship having upgrade packages, and taking what it would cost to add the packages (the credits and story points) out of my account. This also only seems to occur if I've already learned the Augmentation Suite hullmod.

This happens even when I cut my modlist down to only this, Nexerelin, and console commands (along with their dependencies) on a new save, so it's likely not a compatibility issue, and I'm running the 0.97 version.

Any idea what is happening here?

I'm going to have to investigate, but I'm pretty sure it's 100% from my mod and is unintentional behavior due to a coding omission I didn't even think of. I had a similar issue in the past when using the strip command in refit where it would upgrade the augmentation hullmods when I didn't want it to. I might just make it so they can only be upgraded when the refit screen is open and see if that helps.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2024, 02:20:04 AM »

Hello there! Just downloaded this mod to try it out today, it seems very interesting, but have been getting an error several minutes after loading my save. Seems to be linked to augment generation for NPC fleets, and has been happening in my colonies' system for the most part.

Spoiler
1741750 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
   at data.aaz_ar_hull_scripts.ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.reportFleetInflated(ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.java:2721) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportFleetInflated(ListenerUtil.java:400) ~[starfarer.api.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.ooOO$2.ÒÕO000(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.ooOO$2.beforeShown(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.F.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[port.common_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1575) [?:?]
[close]
@ctuncks: I get a very similar CTD, but for me it occurs when I try to view El Psi's Ship and Weapon Pack (latest version) bounty, after accepting it:
Spoiler
1540638 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
   at data.aaz_ar_hull_scripts.ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.reportFleetInflated(ZDA_Augment_Inflation_Listener.java:2721) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportFleetInflated(ListenerUtil.java:400) ~[starfarer.api.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.SWP_IBBIntel.createSmallDescription(SWP_IBBIntel.java:929) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0O0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.int.Ò00000(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.int.processInput(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0O0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.processInput(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o000.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o000.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o000.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.return.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0OO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.L.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
[close]
EDIT: Setting "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean" to FALSE in this mod's settings.json file ensures that the CTD does not occur, so (apparently) the issue has something to do with the bounty in question featuring a modular ship; specifically, El Psi's sporeship from SWP.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 03:12:26 AM by TimeDiver »

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2024, 02:50:21 AM »

Hello there! Just downloaded this mod to try it out today, it seems very interesting, but have been getting an error several minutes after loading my save. Seems to be linked to augment generation for NPC fleets, and has been happening in my colonies' system for the most part.

Spoiler
1741750 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.ooOO$2.beforeShown(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
[close]
@ctuncks: I get a very similar CTD, but for me it occurs when I try to view a Ship and Weapon Pack (latest version) bounty, after accepting it:
Spoiler
1540638 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSpecAPI.getType()" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipVariantAPI.getWeaponSpec(String)" is null
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.SWP_IBBIntel.createSmallDescription(SWP_IBBIntel.java:929) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.return.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0OO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.L.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
[close]

Do you know if the bounty had a module ship in it? The line in question is seeing if a module of a ship has an inbuilt ballistic weapon. Also was it Dark.Revenant's Ship and Weapon Pack?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 02:52:01 AM by ctuncks »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2024, 03:15:36 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
@ctuncks: I get a very similar CTD, but for me it occurs when I try to view a Ship and Weapon Pack (latest version) bounty, after accepting it:
Spoiler
[close]

Do you know if the bounty had a module ship in it? The line in question is seeing if a module of a ship has an inbuilt ballistic weapon. Also was it Dark.Revenant's Ship and Weapon Pack?
Yes, it was a multi-module ship, and yes, the ship is from Dark.Revenant's Ship and Weapon Pack (swp_boss_sporeship_cus.variant). Edited previous reply accordingly.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2024, 03:23:50 AM »

@ TimeDiver
Thank you for the ship id, I think I might have mucked up how that chunk of code works so I'm trying to write something more stable. As I mentioned earlier modules are extremely finicky even if you're just looking to extract a boolean out of them.

- Edited: Yes I did bungle that piece of code I've got a working replacement for it, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to implement it. It's going to require a new save however since I'll need to alter the inflation script.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 04:45:15 AM by ctuncks »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2024, 02:30:36 PM »

It's going to require a new save however since I'll need to alter the inflation script.
Apologies if I come off as a bit obtuse in my reply, but... does this mean starting an entirely new campaign, or will an older save from before said bounty was added be sufficient? Or not, because scripts are 'baked' into the campaign.xml file somehow?

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2024, 10:48:22 PM »

It's going to require a new save however since I'll need to alter the inflation script.
Apologies if I come off as a bit obtuse in my reply, but... does this mean starting an entirely new campaign, or will an older save from before said bounty was added be sufficient? Or not, because scripts are 'baked' into the campaign.xml file somehow?

That depends, did your game crash when you accepted the bounty or when you encountered the bounty? Inflation normally takes place when you make contact with a fleet, but I'm not sure how that interacts with custom bounties. Otherwise my 2 major fixes should be ok to add to a current save.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2024, 11:30:10 PM »

That depends, did your game crash when you accepted the bounty or when you encountered the bounty? Inflation normally takes place when you make contact with a fleet, but I'm not sure how that interacts with custom bounties. Otherwise my 2 major fixes should be ok to add to a current save.
CTD occurred upon accepting the bounty, which as I stated in an earlier reply, was averted (even after accepting said custom bounty) by setting "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean" to FALSE in this mod's settings.json file and re-starting Starsector.

Should I test the actual encounter with "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean" set to FALSE? Or is it enough to revert to a slightly older save once you've uploaded the hotfixed .jar file?

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2024, 11:40:05 PM »

CTD occurred upon accepting the bounty, which as I stated in an earlier reply, was averted (even after accepting said custom bounty) by setting "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean" to FALSE in this mod's settings.json file and re-starting Starsector.

Should I test the actual encounter with "zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean" set to FALSE? Or is it enough to revert to a slightly older save once you've uploaded the hotfixed .jar file?

Ok with zda_augment_pack_enable_boolean set to false it basically ignores all of the inflation listener which is about 3500 lines long (lot of spaces and comments). That is crashes upon accepting the bounty implies that it gets inflated on the spot. Once I have the hotfix done it should be ok from the testing I've done. I'll just have to omit a change I wanted to add since that probably will require a new campaign save (changing how a listener is implemented)

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2024, 06:00:50 AM »

New fixes are in (hopefully). Salvaging ships with Augment hullmods was leading to the hullmods being removed and than upgraded (couldn't fin the cause) now if moused over there is an error beep, but that's just the augment resetting to the level it should be at.

The error popping up from multi module ships should also be fixed now (was an error in how inbuilt weapons were being detected).

It should be save compatible, but if you disabled the CPU inflater to keep playing then all currently inflated fleets (especially persistent bounties already taken) won't receive any augmentations due to the nature of inflation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7