Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Main menu transparency, mark systems and journal  (Read 487 times)

Soban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Main menu transparency, mark systems and journal
« on: January 05, 2023, 01:23:44 PM »

Few small ideas came to me as I was playing. Listed below.

1: If the main menu is idle for too long then the buttons listed/overview would fade away to nothing and instead we could enjoy the ships flying by with music playing. Thought it might look nice and be a very nice but small touch to the menu to make it more immersive as well.

2: Ability to "Mark" systems somehow. For example if a system has an abandoned battleship or a research station but you can't explore/take them right now with you, so you could somehow mark a system in the starmap with a special symbol of sort to help it stick out from the many other systems on the map.

3: Some sort of a personal journal on the map/elsewhere might be very handy. Recently I came back to a save I had played for a long while and had no idea why I was at the location I started in. Might help if the player could write an entry on what they were doing for their later selves to remember everything from.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Main menu transparency, mark systems and journal
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 08:31:15 PM »

2: Ability to "Mark" systems somehow. For example if a system has an abandoned battleship or a research station but you can't explore/take them right now with you, so you could somehow mark a system in the starmap with a special symbol of sort to help it stick out from the many other systems on the map.
For a few supplies, you can drop something and have it orbit the star for a year or so as it will appear as an intel item.

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 08:32:23 AM »

People have been asking for a way to mark systems or something on the map. It would be sooo simple to implement. But instead we get overly complex stuff like the new "events" graviton rework and Missile Autoloader.
I think implementing a marking system would require fewer characters in code than the descriptions of the new hullmod xd.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 08:53:33 AM »

3: Some sort of a personal journal on the map/elsewhere might be very handy. Recently I came back to a save I had played for a long while and had no idea why I was at the location I started in. Might help if the player could write an entry on what they were doing for their later selves to remember everything from.

A request for marks/added notes and/or for a log/journal has been made repeatedly in the past and Alex is aware of that.
So we will see if, when and how he implements such functions.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 08:55:20 AM by Mortrag »

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 01:44:36 PM »

In the mean time there’s a mod called captain’s log. It also automatically records derelict ships, stations and stuff.

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 01:34:08 AM »

Yeah I even reccomend that for a first "unmodded" playtrough