Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 'Optimal' 'Builds' 'Post'  (Read 2953 times)

ubuntufreakdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 'Optimal' 'Builds' 'Post'
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2022, 01:00:34 PM »

After reading the OP I am sure these ships are optimized ... towards fast dying.
The only build that could actually work is the "worst Aurora" as it may nuke a cap if lucky and 2 Heavy Blasters synergies well with SO, but not my cup of Tee.
And all the disrespect for good budget starter ships, I always get a few pirate shrikes early a rail gun and some hard hitting medium energy against armour and it just works.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2022, 01:36:05 PM »

That aurora loadout is fine as a flagship, I've used very similar loadouts before (although I tend to prefer omega weapon based loadouts since they were added). With EMR (and possibly missile spec from skills), two sabot pods will last for the whole fight (they are only needed for cruiser/capitals anyway). The reapers are enough to nuke 2-3 capital ships or 5-8 cruisers, and the player knows how to save them for the right moment. Smaller ships will just die to 2x HB. With skills and hardened subsystems, the CR is enough for everything but the most extreme multi-capital brawls.

Hooch_Sauce

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2022, 05:20:06 AM »

That aurora loadout is fine as a flagship, I've used very similar loadouts before (although I tend to prefer omega weapon based loadouts since they were added). With EMR (and possibly missile spec from skills), two sabot pods will last for the whole fight (they are only needed for cruiser/capitals anyway). The reapers are enough to nuke 2-3 capital ships or 5-8 cruisers, and the player knows how to save them for the right moment. Smaller ships will just die to 2x HB. With skills and hardened subsystems, the CR is enough for everything but the most extreme multi-capital brawls.
that build is good. It was only added as a injoke with somebody else who had given me the idea for this post.

Hooch_Sauce

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2022, 05:22:37 AM »

After reading the OP I am sure these ships are optimized ... towards fast dying.
The only build that could actually work is the "worst Aurora" as it may nuke a cap if lucky and 2 Heavy Blasters synergies well with SO, but not my cup of Tee.
And all the disrespect for good budget starter ships, I always get a few pirate shrikes early a rail gun and some hard hitting medium energy against armour and it just works.
the point of this post is for bad builds. Optimal is in quotes for a reason. The aurora, as stated above in the other response, is a injoke that i will most likely remove for not being with the spirit of the whole thing.

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2022, 06:21:38 PM »

The "Optimal Drover" is still bearable, you might want to work harder on that.
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Void Ganymede

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2022, 10:49:41 AM »

Some of these are great. Really gets you thinking out of the box - what *if* you downgrade mounts on an Enforcer? What *if* you AMB a Wolf?

Here's my unironic contribution:
"Eradicator Flagship"
[close]

Pages: 1 [2]