Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Eagle and (base) Falcon remain anemic  (Read 17573 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Eagle and (base) Falcon remain anemic
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2022, 02:31:33 PM »

I don't mind asymmetrical game design. Let pathers have their own version that isn't available on other ships, or isn't available without ill-advised modifications.

I don't think removing it from cruisers really solves all the problems. My issue is that it just trivializes a lot of combat and loadout deisgn. Removing it from cruisers restricts that to more early/mid game, but it doesn't make the gameplay with SO any more interesting or enjoyable IMO.

The fact that you ignore it for balance discussions indicates that it is a major balance issue.

ForestFighters

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2022, 08:27:05 PM »

Have you considered that SO might be intentionally slightly overpowered? A perfectly balanced game is very boring, and this is a singleplayer one.

llama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2022, 08:38:02 PM »

Many of us have the exact opposite position on game balance, which is that it's the imbalances and extreme outliers that are strategically boring and encourage homogeneous fleets.

But also the complaints aren't about it being "slightly overpowered" but, quoting the posters above, "broken and dumb" and that it "trivializes a lot of combat and loadout design".

Blitzm0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2022, 09:30:02 PM »

-Change the 2 small missiles to 2 small universal for both Eagle and Falcon:those 2 small slot usually the most useless slot on the base eagle/falcon.Most people just abandon it outright for more point on dissipation or slap in missiles for PD(which the eagle is not lacking) or maybe some salamander(which is also not helping cause eagles don't have the finishing power beside SO).Swapping it to universal means you can ultilize it for 2 extra small balistics(or if you're beam connoisseur,2 tac laser) while still keeping it close to the midline theme of versatility in mounts

bruh what, they are small missiles, missiles are literally the strongest mount type. why would you even consider not using them instead of just putting some sabots

also, they are very far apart and far back so you could hardly ever utilize them with energy or ballistics
small missiles for non SO cruiser in such small quantity is a waste of potential.You can get like what, 6 sabot/harpoon,maybe 10 breach for alternating shots,which is still far lower than PPT of the cruiser,and high chances are it's gonna waste it on smaller ships instead of important target.It's just more beneficial in the long run to spend that point on more dissipation or cap if you want consistent performance.You could argue about putting officer with missile skill on it,but then you're just wasting potential by not putting him/her on other ship that can utilize that missile skill more,i.e ship with better missile slot.It's just really not appealing on the eagle,and i'll rather have 2 tac laser or maybe balistic with long range on it.But the slot i'm proposing is universal,so if you want you can still use the missile?

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2022, 01:55:49 AM »

On Eagle and Falcon, small missiles are uniquely well suited for antimatter SRMs. With beam loadouts, you tend to lack DPS, but have excess flux. Not needing any missile skills or hullmods elevates them over normal missiles even more.
You will of course not have access to those for most of the game, but it's still a consideration.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2022, 04:38:14 AM »

So, looking to give a more quantitative feel for how much DP the various cruisers under discussion should be worth, I tried them out against my double Ordos test fleet. (It's just 2 regular full Ordos fleets together, from a regular vanilla playthrough, with 4 Radiants, 14 Brilliants, and various other ships, closely matching the statistics for two average full Ordos fleets. I use this save as my standard double Ordos fleet for testing.) The setup was me piloting an Onslaught XIV, generally gunning for Radiants when they appear, and otherwise holding the center of the fleet. The cruisers were thus in charge of everything else, such as capturing objectives, taking out stragglers, etc. Since I'm aiming for the Radiants and thus tanking them (generally speaking), it takes the pressure off of the cruisers for that, but I'm very much dependent on them clearing out the trash near the Radiants as well as providing additional firepower on the Radiants so that it dies rather than running away. So they need to be good against Radiants too, just not necessarily tank-worthy.

The goal is to minimize the time it takes to complete the fight, without taking any losses. Generally that means very offensively-oriented builds, since you want to mulch through enemy ships quickly. I generally tried a number of different weapons for each ship, and then went with whatever seemed to work the best. All ships were identical in terms of officer skills and ship loadout; the "cloneship" command from the Additional Search Commands mod is helpful for creating multiple copies of ships quickly to test.

All ships had aggressive officers (including modifying the settings for extra officers when needed). Officers were level 5, with 1 elite skill. I always took Combat Endurance and Target Analysis. (TA offers roughly a 10-15% increase in damage against Ordos fleets, so it's almost always worth taking.) The other 3 were based on what seems to be the most important, but were generally Ordnance Expertise, Gunnery Implants, Missile Spec, or Field Modulation. They also all had Converted Hangar with Xyphos because I like it, and thus no innate PD weapons (nor did I bother to close the engine gap with shields).

The results ended up being:

Code
DP	#deploy	DP used	Time	TotDam	DPSeach	Ship
14 14 196 448 --- --- Falcon XIV, FM, GI, OE (elite), 2 HVD, 2 Phase Lance, 2 Tactical Laser
18 11 198 362 1039582 206.7 Apogee, MS (elite), GI, OE, Plasma Cannon, Squall, 2 IR Pulse Laser, Breach
18 11 198 --- --- --- Eagle XIV (new), FM, GI, OE (elite), 3 HVD, 3 Phase Lance, 3 Tactical Laser
20 10 200 330 1019617 231.5 Eradicator, MS, GI, OE (elite), 2 HVD, Heavy Mauler, 4 Railgun, 5 Annihilator
20 10 200 408 1028035 171.4 Fury, MS (elite), GI, OE, Heavy Blaster, Sabot, Prox, AM Blaster, IR Pulse Laser
20 10 200 271 970582 333.5 Gryphon, FM, MS (elite), GI, Squall, 2 Harpoon, 3 Breach, HVD

DP is the DP cost of the ship. (For the Eagle XIV, I chose a cost of 18; it would've been the same number of ships had it been 17 though so it doesn't matter).
#deploy is how many of those ships were deployed in addition to my flagship.
DP used is the total DP that those ships took up, other than my flagship.
Time is how long the battle took, based on Detailed Combat Results. The lower the time, the better, since it means the fleet was putting out more damage and killing enemy ships faster.
TotDam is the total shield + armor + hull damage that the entire fleet did during the fight. Since it's the same exact enemy fleet, a lower TotDam is better, meaning the enemy fleet wasn't able to flee and vent as much, but tended to die right away instead.
DPSeach is the average damage per second of each cruiser, basically taking the total damage, subtracting my flagship's damage, and then dividing by number of ships. Then, I divided that with the battle time minus 60 seconds (it takes about a minute for the fleets to start fighting each other), to get the average damage per second that each ship was doing throughout the battle.
Ship is brief summary of the ship, its officer skills, and its weapons.

The Gryphon was clear and away the winner. I think the meta for this current version of Starsector is basically missile spam; the AI doesn't really know how to handle missiles effectively, and the Gryphon's sheer volume of missiles with Missile Spec (+100% missile capacity, +50% missile fire rate, +10% missile damage) at long range (both Squall and Harpoon have 2500 range) means that the double Ordos can't put up any meaningful defense nor offense against the sheer volume of missiles flying around. This also means that the Gryphons don't have to worry much about defenses; the Gryphon fleet received less than 100k of damage the entire fight, whereas every other fleet absorbed more than 400k damage. It really comes down to Missile Spec, which boosts the Gryphon's damage output by roughly +65% (+50% fire rate, then another +10% damage on top of that), far more than any other skill for any other class of weapon. A Gryphon without Missile Spec is not nearly as dangerous, and the lower damage output means that it can't pressure other ships as hard, and thus it succumbs more easily since it's a glass cannon. So I think Missile Spec pretty clearly needs to be nerfed, or have its interaction with the Gryphon be nerfed in some way (other ships don't rely as much on missiles for damage).

The second place was the Eradicator. The HVD's put out the bulk of the anti-shield and anti-hull damage, while the Heavy Mauler did the bulk of the anti-armor. The Railguns meant that if targets got closer, they'd get hit with a lot more anti-shield. I chose Railgun over Light Needler for the somewhat better anti-hull -- hopefully if a target got that close then its shields were already down or close to it. The Annihilators blanketed the whole battlefield with missiles as well as doing some pretty good anti-armor and anti-hull damage. I purposely didn't take the elite version of Missile Spec for this so that the Annihilators would last longer (also to make the Eradicators a bit more defensive with OE elite). I'm not sure if it was necessary though.

Next up is the Apogee. The Squalls provided blanket suppression while the Plasma Cannon helped finish off targets.

Then it was the Fury. To be honest, I could probably get a better time with it, this run was just me testing out the various weapons (hence the variety of weapons used), so it could probably be somewhat better, but probably won't be wildly better. I'd estimate probably 10-20% higher DPS with the right weapons.

Then it was the Falcon XIV. It was a bit of a tough fight since they didn't have the punch, so I had to give orders constantly to have them attack and keep them in line. Also, inevitably, some Falcon or another would end up straying to the enemy spawn point, even when commanded to defend the center of the map, and thus die when the final Radiants started coming in. So this took a number of tries but was able to eventually do it. It's possible that I simply don't have a good build for it (using HVD + phase lance + tac lasers), so if anyone wants to suggest a better build, I'm open to it. I don't have a DPS value here because it seems like Detailed Combat Results has a bug in reporting beam damage, but it was probably around 110 or 120 based on how long the battle took and knowing how much damage my flagship did.

Last is the Eagle XIV. This was with the updated value of 18 DP (it didn't matter if it was 17 or 18 DP, it would've been the same number of ships on the field), and with the updated base dissipation of 700. I used 3 HVD, 3 Phase Lance, and 3 Tactical Laser. In sim this combination looked pretty good, and was easily better than Falcon XIV with the same weapons when testing against several Ordos ships in sim. However, in the actual fight, I tried about a dozen times but could never pull off a win without taking any losses. The Eagle couldn't finish off targets quickly enough often enough before they ran away, so eventually too many enemy ships would pile up. It would also take forever to chase stragglers. I tried the fleet using Unstable Injector (hoping the additional speed will help it chase down stragglers more effectively and back off faster when needed), and also tried the fleet using Advanced Optics (hoping the additional range would help it finish off targets before they got away), but neither worked.

Also, a lot of the back Eagles would stay back, happily sniping away at long range instead of closing in to use their Phase Lances, while the forward Eagles were busy getting pummeled by enemy ships. This despite aggressive officers which is supposed to mean that the ship will close in to the shortest weapon range. I suspect it's because the AI is overly afraid of enemy missiles, so that the back ships, since they're already far away, will choose to stay away, while the forward ships, having already committed to combat and thus not able to run away from the missiles anyway, will choose to stay forward. Whatever the reason, this was true regardless of ship (except for the Gryphon since it fired way more missiles than the enemy so it didn't have to deal with this), just that for the Eagle, it got so bad that the fleet kept falling apart.

Again, maybe I didn't use the right weapons with the Eagle XIV (or the Falcon XIV), since I don't have much experience with them, so if anyone thinks they can come up with a better build, I can try it out. But the Eagle even with the cheaper cost and improved dissipation doesn't seem to work well compared with other ships. Perhaps the new IR Autolance will work well with it, depending on its stats. Or whatever other new weapons Alex might have in store.

Looking at the battle time and the ship DPS, the Gryphon clearly needs to be adjusted, whether the ship itself or the Missile Spec skill. The Eradicator should probably be several DP higher than the Apogee, so if the Apogee is 20, then the Eradicator should probably be 22 or 23. (I haven't run the Champion yet so I don't know how it'll compare with the Eradicator yet.) The Fury can improve somewhat but realistically I think it'd just approach the Apogee at best, not surpass it, so it looks like it should be either at the Apogee's cost or possibly slightly cheaper. (The Apogee is a really good tank which means it can dish out a lot of damage before it needs to back off.) The Falcon did significantly less DPS but as a light cruiser, it can't really take much punishment, so it spent more of its time backing off and venting relative to the other ships, thus resulting in its lower overall DPS, so it's probably fine where it is.

For the Eagle, though, I don't really have a good idea of where it should be placed, simply because I'm not able to finish a battle with it without taking losses.

@Vanshilar, Thanks for doing those tests - I'm really surprised the tac lasers did so much damage! I suppose stacking the stacking range extenders end up giving them a big reach to poke things.

Did you find that the Xyphos were a big contributor? I ask because they are very OP expensive and the new support fighter looks like its going to be incredible at anti-missile.

So it turns out (sigh) Detailed Combat Results seems to have a bug with reporting beam damage. Sometimes it under-reports and sometimes it over-reports, but generally it over-reports the damage done by beams. This can be seen easily in sim, particular multiple beams firing at once (say, a Phase Lance burst). So those numbers were wrong. So yeah, the Tactical Lasers and Phase Lances were probably not anywhere near as effective as the numbers suggest. The Phase Lance burst certainly works though, and is fun to watch, but it's hard to tell how much damage the beams are actually doing. I'll have to post in the mod thread when I have time.

The Xyphos don't really contribute much damage, I just like using them in place of PD on my ships, and it also means I can ignore other stuff that I'd usually put defensively (such as Extended Shields to close off the engine gap for shields), as well as give EMP capability -- which helps a lot, especially toward the end when it's Brilliants and Radiants so that there are multiple Ion Beams on them. Also, I tend to pilot my flagship rather recklessly, so it's nice to have a forest of Ion Beams and PD to duck behind whenever I overextend myself. So they're expensive but I find that they're usually worth it, but yeah, it makes fitting ships more difficult. It's possible that my ships would do more damage without them, I don't know, but then it's also hard to quantify how much the Ion Beams contribute in terms of disabling weapons on enemy ships so that my ships don't have to absorb as much damage. I've tried it both ways and feel like Xyphos is the "safer" option, i.e. AI die less with it than without it (so I don't have to worry about my fleet as much), but that's just personal feeling.

The new support fighter...if it's the autocannon one, I'm actually thinking of trying it out with the base Legion in the next update. The base Legion is actually better at yeeting Prox charges than the Onslaught, but the fighters were finicky to time right. Having a bunch of fighters nearby for anti-shield and PD complements the anti-armor and anti-hull capability of the Prox pretty well. It certainly looks attractive as a budget Xyphos especially for the anti-shield.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 04:40:53 AM by Vanshilar »

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2022, 05:05:53 AM »

Let me just try to understand everything here. You piloted a XIV Onslaught and the rest of your fleet consisted of a single cruiser spammed until you hit the DP cap? And then you let us know Gryphons were the winners? Just, why man, you could've saved so much time... There's just so much questionable stuff here, I really don't get the point of these tests, yet you put way too much effort. I feel bad reading it all. Just let Hiruma Kai do any testing if need be.

So assuming you did multiple tests which is what common sense tells me, here's everything else that makes this test pointless:

1. Mono fleets are always going to favour missile ships, zero surprise there.

2. Testing specifically against Ordo fleets favours certain ships more.

3. The choice for every single ship to have CH Xyphos wings "because you like it" is also questionable, and also unfair to certain ships which are tight on OP.

4. Player piloting skews results more since player behaviour swings much wilder than simple AI.

5. That Eagle build is sad.

6. I seriously cannot stress enough how silly is putting a fleet of Gryphons into a speedrun test to see which ships suck.

With all due respect, I appreciate the effort, but can you not spend so much time and words on "tests" like these. If someone tries to get offended by this, look up the word constructive criticism please. Thank you.

EDIT: Can't wait for the patch notes to drop so we stop having threads that keep going in circles for the 10th time.

EDIT 2: Another topic but forgot to say that I absolutely agree that Gryphon interactions with Missile spec skill is nuts, that should be looked at, without somehow gimping every other ship with missiles.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 05:35:36 AM by Grievous69 »
Please don't take me too seriously.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2022, 05:51:25 AM »

@Grievous69

I wouldn’t say the tests are invalid or pointless: more that you can only draw a limited conclusion from them. In that specific scenario, the Eagles were clearly inferior to the other cruisers. That is a datum we can point to. Granted, there’s a million variables that make testing subjective, but the outcome does reveal something. Semantics perhaps but it continues to build the case that DP adjustments aren’t necessarily the answer* (*with the current version of the game)

All that said, that same Eagle fleet might have wiped the floor with anything else except a double Ordo. Which is another thing: not every ship has to be endgame worthy. You’d hope most are (especially larger ships) but they don’t have to be. I would imagine most generalist ships fall off the power curve toward the extreme end and fighting endgame fleets requires some real specialization. Barring some drastic changes to the Eagle, it will never be a good finisher, which is pretty important when outnumbered. Even with the Large Ballistic idea, I wouldn’t imagine a mono fleet of Eagles to be very effective against Ordos because they won’t be able to actually take out targets. That’s just kind of the way Eagles are.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2022, 06:31:30 AM »

I understand what you're trying to say but no one in their right mind would go into a fight with 11 Eagles unless it's for a meme or a video. I very much get that this is by far the easiest way to test out the differences between each cruiser, but it's also the most misleading one.

Only conclusion from this is that Gryphon spam is a stupid easy "strat", but we all knew that. The rest of the numbers are pretty much expected versus an endgame fleet.

I'd also like to add that this test was unfair to Furies (even though I think they're not good right now), as they're also a ship that performs much better when you have something else in your fleet, not just copies of itself.

BCS

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2022, 06:55:23 AM »

When I did my test against a random Hegemony bounty I was surprised that Eagles could do this badly, and now I am again surprised that Eagles did so badly against the Ordo. With an Onslaught flagship, I'd expect just about ANY cruiser monofleet to win against an Ordo. The fact that even Falcons did better... oof.

RE: Eradicators, I would just shave off some of their armor/hull and keep them at 20 DP. If they're supposed to be FAST cruisers they have no business having almost as much armor as the Champion. Since low tech ships are supposed to have heavier armor, a "fast low tech ship" should have about same hull/armor as a "normal midline ship" i.e. the Eagle itself, which has 200 less armor and 1000 less hull. This would also make Eradicator less of a generalist(which some people object to)

RE: Gryphon/missiles, I think this is more of a ship issue. To get full benefit from missiles on, say, the Conquest you need Elite Missile Specialization, Expanded Missile Racks and ECCM. That's a pretty hefty investment so you should get some bang for that. Also Squalls are getting nerfed vs. armor already and there's far less Harpoons than Squalls on a Gryphon so it may turn out that next update Gryphons will quickly lose a lot of their bite in prolonged fights.

Quote from: Grievous69
EDIT: Can't wait for the patch notes to drop so we stop having threads that keep going in circles for the 10th time.

Ah, but that's when post-patch notes balance discussions will begin. The ride never ends.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2022, 07:03:49 AM »

Good suggestion to tone down Eradicators a bit, although I saw somewhere an idea to make their shields less efficient. Both are fine, I'd just hate to see another Fury scenario.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2022, 09:45:50 AM »

Personally, I appreciate Vanshilar's tests quite a bit, since I consider them testing things differently than how my AI battles tests.

There's a number of criticisms you can level at the kind of automated test I tend to do.

1) It doesn't have any of the campaign effects at all.
1A) No player piloting or commands
1B) No fleet skills for either side
1C) No officer skills for either side

2) It's a yes/no answer, that is highly dependent on exactly how the AI acts in the initial moments of the fight, and does a lot of dumb things.  Many runs are necessary, and even then is mostly a in the ball park kind of check.

3) It's against equal DP, which in the campaign you almost never are up against.  In the campaign, it is generally much larger DP, along with reinforcements.

Vanshilar's tests are much closer to how the ships are used in play by a large portion of the player base and don't have the same criticisms.  The disparity in the effectiveness of the Eagle in my tests versus Falcons when compared to Vanshilar's is probably due to combination of small backing fleet (although the Onslaught in player hands should be pretty good at such finishing blows) and the fact that Eagles scale very poorly with skills. 

The various skill bonuses help Eagles proportionally less than most other ships.  Split weapons types, wanting to be both long and short range, the fact that skills can already patch over flux issues some ships have (1200 flux/s with skills now to 1300 flux/s (600->700) is only about an 8% flux buff), and it's base speed basically just beating the Dominator, means all other ships get a larger benefit from the various speed bonuses.  Even Helmsmanship and Elite Impact Mitigation means maneuvering jets turning ability can already be replicated without using the ship's system slot on it.  My particular tests don't touch upon that at all.

And while you can say that it's obvious that missile spam obviously will do better, data to back up that assertion is useful if you're trying to convince someone, as well as help quantify in some way how much better?  Not to mention I like the data break down which is telling me stuff about non-Gryphon ships.

As for the mixed fleets versus mono, I think the mono fleets are a useful baseline.  Ideally the next step would be then to do mixed fleets, and see if any case, can mixed fleets actually do better?  Does mixing in a few Eagles ever improve a fleet, as opposed to perhaps just making the fleet weaker. 

Normally more ships on the field is better, so a DP cost decrease should be a significant improvement.  But that's only true as long as the ships aren't getting in the way of each other.  Missile ships and carriers can effectively shoot over allies, and so typically will benefit fully from a DP decrease.  The same goes for fast ships, which can maneuver around each effectively and get into a line or circle or flank quickly.

However, if you've ever watched a pirate fleet with a pile of Atlas Mk II, they tend to block their own firing lines for the guns.  If you're big and slow, and you put a bunch on the field, you're not getting the full benefit of the lower DP.  You're getting some, but a lot of it is blunted by the AI jostling around and trying to get a firing line and wasting time.

It just means you get defeated in a series of engagements, where the opponents destroy a ship, back off, vent, and repeat.  I think it is quite possible that you can design a ship such that it doesn't work in end game Ordo fights no matter how low you set the DP value, and Eagles may be close to falling into that category.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2022, 01:07:01 PM »

Testing that clearly lays out the methodology is always useful. Any test always has biases, especially in a complex system like the combat here, but because Vanshilar clearly laid out their methodology, results, and observations, we can actually see what some of those biases are and decide how valid the results are for different scenarios. It adds to the discussion by giving us a datapoint on the performance of particular Eagle and Falcon builds and compares them to other ships, in a particular and well defined scenario.

@Grievous69
Your post on the other hand is adding very little to this discussion because it is both insulting and not constructive. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you misunderstood the point of the test rather than deliberately misconstruing it. Even with that given, calling something pointless and then proceeding to point out flaws (some with no justification) without offering any suggestions on actual improvements is not constructive: its the lowest possible amount of effort you can do to downplay and dismiss someone else's efforts without doing work of your own. Your entire post is dripping with condescension and mock sympathy while also mixing in ad hominem attacks by telling them to leave the testing to someone else. This is a prime example of a post that should not have been made: if truly "I feel bad reading it all." then stop reading it and do something else, don't post an insulting rant.

Consider this an official warning under the forum rules.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2022, 01:25:32 PM »

Not really fair to come here and focus on one post and accuse me of adding nothing to the discussion when there's 15 pages of me and other folks already agreeing (and testing) what works, what doesn't, what needs fixing, what doesn't, and so on. We've broken down the Eagle to atoms. I posted like 3 times in this very thread what an Eagle build made for assault should look like, so one time I forgot, sue me. Then there were posts before literally saying that mono fleet testing is flawed, but now it's not constructive.

Go back in time where I posted about testing Eagle vs Eradicator in sim, let's pretend I put fancy numbers in a table. If my test was bad, I want to know that, otherwise I'd keep testing and come to wrong conclusions. The reason I didn't do such an extensive test is because I don't have 10 hours of free time every day. That doesn't mean it's illegal for me to criticize others.

Look at other forum member criticizing my own critique and continuing discussion. Do I feel attacked? HELL NO. It's a normal flow of discussion. Just because I didn't have anything nice to say doesn't mean I'm being hostile. That's an important distinction to make. I shouldn't have the need to applause everyone who puts effort into something, that's disingenuous.

Most forum members here know I don't have a sugar coated attitude, yet I believe all of those know I have zero ill intent behind my messages.

Now can we please go on with the ship discussions, I don't want drama.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2022, 02:06:24 PM »

@Grievous69
Previous posts in this thread have no bearing on the post you just made. For the reasons I laid out, including: insults, ad hominem attacks, non-constructive lazy criticism that offers no suggetstions, and extreme condescension, it is not a post that is acceptable here.

Criticism is welcome on this forum: this entire thread is consisting of criticism, including many posters being critical of Alex's changes to the Eagle. But those posts were not done like yours were.

If you have had an issue with this moderation, please send me or any other moderator a DM here (or on Discord), but it is against forum rules to discuss moderation in normal threads, so don't post here again about it.

For those wanting the full forum rules, see here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2668.0
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22