Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RTX 3060 TI - Ryzen 5 3600x performance  (Read 393 times)

LuckViValhalla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
RTX 3060 TI - Ryzen 5 3600x performance
« on: November 17, 2022, 04:05:54 PM »

Hey guys...
So I bought a RTX 3060 TI, chose green side mostly to play Starsector.
Problem is, I'm not having a blast right now...
Tested some battles with and without mods.
I'm not having the best performancce that I was expecting...
I used a RX 580 before and there is... not that much of a difference.
When the combat starts, it's common to see the 60 fps or more drop to 30, sometimes even less.

I just plugged My RTX 3060 TI, installed the recommended drivers and tried Starsector...
Is there anything I can do to improve my experience? I was hoping for a steady 60+ fps even with tons of mods, cause you know, it's a 3060 ti...

:(

LuckViValhalla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: RTX 3060 TI - Ryzen 5 3600x performance
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 07:44:59 AM »

Sounds like a CPU bottleneck?

Yeah, the Ryzen 5 3600x bottlenecks the rtx 3060 ti by 15%~~, but this shouldn't be the problem here.
This setup can run Ark and Cyberpunk at epic 60fps+, so starsector shouldn't be a problem.
I know that AMD graphics have a problem with OpenGL, but I'm using a Nvidia now, so I don't know where the problem is here.
I used a RX580 before and had some performance problems. Was hoping that the 3060 TI would solve every problem and I would be able to run hundreds of mods if I wanted, but it's not what I'm getting right now :(

Still trying some stuff to see if I can have a better performance.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: RTX 3060 TI - Ryzen 5 3600x performance
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 10:18:07 PM »

Locking FPS to 30 is the behavior of adaptive vsync when it can't keep up with 60.

I recommend you try borderless windowed and turn vsync off, setting FPS to 60 instead. It should still do vsync through Windows, but give you more frames. At least it did for me.