Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] More Combat Terrain Effects 1.3.2  (Read 49811 times)

playbabeTheBookShelf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] More Combat Terrain Effects 1.1.4
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2023, 03:12:14 AM »

Damn this is my dreamed mod! here more idea!
- ship debris (someone already mentioned) & asteroid! reduced the battle size and map size, spawn a lot more asteroid or ship debris.
- Fighting near planet, have chance to spawn satellite instead of the asteroid. (chance and size of satellite scaled with population size)
- Fighting at comm relays, nav buoys and sensor arrays will just have them showed up (worked the same as how station work) (AI should avoid damaging it even if it is your)

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2023, 02:33:01 AM »

Recent mod updates seem to have broken something with this - now when entering a nebula, instead of losing 10 speed (which is even what is listed on the sidebar) my ships drop to 20-30 max speed - its more like a quicksand death trap than the annoyance it was before.  This just started recently, though I have no idea what might be interfering - the main mods I've updated are LunaLib and Unknown Skies, indEvo and Tahlan

Anyone else noticing this issue?  Thanks

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2023, 12:23:07 PM »

Hey guys, I'm back, gonna start updating this mod again.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC7] More Combat Terrain Effects 1.2.0
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2023, 02:29:10 PM »

Updated, fixing a few long-standing bugs.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2023, 02:37:36 PM »

Recent mod updates seem to have broken something with this - now when entering a nebula, instead of losing 10 speed (which is even what is listed on the sidebar) my ships drop to 20-30 max speed - its more like a quicksand death trap than the annoyance it was before.  This just started recently, though I have no idea what might be interfering - the main mods I've updated are LunaLib and Unknown Skies, indEvo and Tahlan

Anyone else noticing this issue?  Thanks

Also, no, I dont know whats up with this and I can't replicate it in testing.

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC8] More Combat Terrain Effects 1.2.3
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2023, 04:02:00 PM »

For some reason the true/false toggle for nebula effects just isn't doing anything. The only other toggle I've changed is magnetic fields which worked normally, and I tried changing the multipliers for nebulae which also worked normally. Just seems like the general true/false button doesn't actually do anything.

Enervana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC8] More Combat Terrain Effects 1.3
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2023, 02:49:56 AM »

I just found out something hilarious, Solar Shielding beats special relativity : the time dilation effect from black hole is reduced on ships with that hullmod on (or outright removed if S-modded).
Fighting the explorarium derelict bounty with sun-screened ships felt like facing Omegas. My fleet was deleted.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2023, 11:42:29 AM »

Got this error

3332398 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at niko.MCTE.settings.MCTE_settings.loadSettings(MCTE_settings.kt:197)
   at niko.MCTE.scripts.everyFrames.combat.terrainEffects.terrainEffectScriptAdder.ad vance(terrainEffectScriptAdder.kt:76)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.for$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.super.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Siffrin

• Captain
  • Thermal Signature Detected
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2023, 09:17:15 PM »

Is LunaLibs settings not working properly for MCTE for anyone else?
I'm using Version 1.3 for MCTE and version 1.8.2 for LunaLib I had all other mods disabled in the video except dependancies and Console Commands
Gods most reckless Odyssey captain.

Crimson Spirit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2023, 11:25:32 AM »

Does this affect planetary combat in Nex? Also, is AI aware of these changes when battling (does different skilled Pilots behave smarter/dumber about it?) If not, maybe it should :p

Nice mod though!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 11:32:43 AM by Crimson Spirit »

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2024, 05:07:01 PM »

Does this affect planetary combat in Nex? Also, is AI aware of these changes when battling (does different skilled Pilots behave smarter/dumber about it?) If not, maybe it should :p

Nice mod though!

1. No. Fun idea though, I could add that. Only issue is that its sometimes static - any planet with a magnetic field will ALWAYS have that effect.
2. Nebulae are ignored. I cant do much about that. The force applied by pulsars and black holes are also ignored. But the AI is aware of hyperstorms. Its really hard to do this, do understand.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2024, 05:08:19 PM »

Is LunaLibs settings not working properly for MCTE for anyone else?
I'm using Version 1.3 for MCTE and version 1.8.2 for LunaLib I had all other mods disabled in the video except dependancies and Console Commands

Resuming work on MCTE, will look into this.

Xelynaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2024, 01:28:57 AM »

Hey, so, I've been having an issue with magnetic fields where they are reducing my ship's ranges by 100%.

It's funny to try and fire missiles and watching them explode as soon as they leave the tubes, but the AI keeps chasing after the enemy like a confused puppy, despite the fact they can't do anything.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2024, 06:44:53 AM »

Hey, so, I've been having an issue with magnetic fields where they are reducing my ship's ranges by 100%.

It's funny to try and fire missiles and watching them explode as soon as they leave the tubes, but the AI keeps chasing after the enemy like a confused puppy, despite the fact they can't do anything.

Check your MCTE_config, in the magnetic field section. The values might be inflated. Only way I can imagine this happening.

Xelynaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2024, 11:42:06 PM »

Check your MCTE_config, in the magnetic field section. The values might be inflated. Only way I can imagine this happening.

It seems to be all set to the defaults, so I dunno, might be an issue with specific modded ships, tbh, which I can live with.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4