Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.5 — Install colony item on ships!  (Read 121968 times)

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.3 - Another Update!
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2023, 03:06:59 AM »

Would be nice to have SHUs for DIY Planets terraforming equipment.

Oh yeah this would be very neat

chickenboy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2023, 06:00:20 AM »

Incredible mod, part of the reason why I made my own mod Chicken's Tech Shop so that I can get the items needed for this mod.
The source code for this mod really helped me when coding certain functions of my own one, so I was wondering if you would be able to provide the source code for your jars.
Right now, theres three separate .jar files in /src, along with a bunch of different compressed folders that contain most (but not all!) of the source code for the mod.
I'm most interested in how you setup your initial intel reminder but I cant find the file SUHintIntel.java. I'm currently using a BreadcrumbIntel but I think your mod does it better

In return, you may want to look at how I setup my rules.csv.
I used this rulecmd to figure out if Chicken (the character) was at your location, so that I didn't need to have a duplicate set of rules when setting up the mission for the random sector from Nex
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 06:03:29 AM by chickenboy »

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Special Hullmod Upgrades v1.2 - New Update!
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2023, 06:45:06 PM »

Thank you for making this mod. Could I get your permission to translate and share it on the chinese forum? I shall credit you and give the original link, when I finished, I will link back here.
Sure thing!

I'm most interested in how you setup your initial intel reminder but I cant find the file SUHintIntel.java. I'm currently using a BreadcrumbIntel but I think your mod does it better

Ah, I made multiple compressions just in case someone doesn't have Winrar or 7zip! Anyway, I'll send you a pm regarding that.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2023, 10:56:20 PM »

Ah, I made multiple compressions just in case someone doesn't have Winrar or 7zip!
Just FYI, between Explorer, tar, and jar, the latter being *literally* bundled with Starsector, there isn't a single system out there that can't handle a simple .zip file.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

wrobell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2023, 03:08:46 PM »

Hi, is there a way to see what the hidden mods for gatcha do? Specifically I rolled
Spoiler
Abyss Gazer
[close]
and it doesn't say what it does =] Or will the effects be revealed after a while?
Cool mod btw!

unslaught

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2023, 08:58:36 AM »

Thank you for making this mod. Could I get your permission to translate and share it on the chinese forum? I shall credit you and give the original link, when I finished, I will link back here.
Sure thing!

Thanks for your permission. Hope you enjoy your game. Here is the link: https://www.fossic.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7853

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2023, 07:26:20 PM »

i have a minor request; would you make the yunru+ interaction independent of what core is installed?

like say i want to have an alpha SHU, paired with the yunru+ beta core to get that PD boost, or with a delta for a damage boost

jackix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2023, 05:50:10 AM »

First of all great mod concept and mod as a whole!

A minor annoyance is having to re-add the mods each time my pilots make a stupid mistake  ::)

So would it be possible to add a "Don't loose installed item on destroyed ship" option in the config?

I know you have done it for risk/reward reasons, but as a player who likes to have incremental improvements to their fleet it either scares me off taking hard fights or I simply cheat in the upgrades again after a fight is over.

unslaught

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2023, 05:22:39 AM »

The hullmods don't seem to be removing anything from my inventory when added to ships or adding anything to my inventory when removed from ships.

Here are some bug reports from chinese forum users:
1. As other people mentioned before: Sometimes installing hullmods won't consume item correctly. Sometimes it costs nothing, sometimes it costs all the stacked items it needs. This likely happens after loading a save. If you start the game directly, it seems to work normally.
2. Sometimes the strip option won't return items correctly. It seems that if you strip once, you won't get your item back, if strip many ships at once, you won't get the first item back.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2023, 04:55:18 PM »

Great mod, but I've noticed some unintended interactions with installed items not being consumed properly, or not dropping properly. Weirdly enough this also seems related to when a save is loaded relative to when a game was open. For example, I've experienced the following interaction:

Ship is equipped with an alpha core and cryoarithmetic engine. Open the game, load save, unequip either hullmod.
Result: 1 extra alpha core always drops when either hullmod is removed, but adding and removing hullmods after that works properly.

Reloading the exact same game, after a game has already been loaded once.
Result: AI hullmods no long drop the AI core, but will not consume it either. If a core is present, any number of ships can be modded, but removing a mod will never drop a core.

Bishop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2023, 03:35:45 AM »

I've also discovered this bug. It also happens with the "PD Drone Defence" Hullmod from the "Modern Carriers" mod (it returns a Wasp LPC and a Gamma core to cargo)

Are there any known fixes/causes for the items not being correctly consumed / returned when applying / removing the Hullmods?

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2023, 11:53:52 AM »

Anyone determined if this mod still works in the newest game version?
EDIT: seems to crash the game when you mouse over the  hullmod in refit screen!
Also, my save cannot be loaded if i remove this mod, so fair warning to other folks
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 09:26:22 AM by TalRaziid »

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2023, 07:57:58 AM »

Tested again, I get this error when mousing over the hullmods from SHU in the refit menu. NOt sure what the crash is from, I assume due to one of the dependencies changing something as they updated

Rockow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2023, 03:37:15 AM »

Bug with the manufactory: It doesn't account for modified max missile ammo count from skills/hullmods it only restores off of the base missile amount.

ex. Say you have the enhanced manufactory and a base of 9 missiles but have the missile skill so 18 missiles, instead of restoring the expected 6 you only replenish 3.

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2023, 06:35:11 AM »

Maaaaan I didn't realise how much of a staple this mod had become to my playthroughs; the AI Core mods really add a new level of optimization to your ships.

I hope it gets updated to 0.96a soon.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10