Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: [0.97a-RC11] What we left behind 3.10.0  (Read 104685 times)

NikoTheGuyDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a-RC11] What we left behind 3.10.0
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2024, 08:53:41 PM »

The de-annoyification is complete. As well as a host of other changes.

Hyperkayak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2024, 12:18:28 AM »

What we left behind (Previously known as more planetary conditions)

NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE IF YOU HAVE A OVERGROWN NANOFORGE ITEM - DELETE IT AND READD IT TO UPDATE

There is an overgrown nanoforge in the sector, but nobody owns it (yet). Is that compatible?
If not, how do you delete & re-add it?

NikoTheGuyDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2024, 07:18:55 AM »

What we left behind (Previously known as more planetary conditions)

NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE IF YOU HAVE A OVERGROWN NANOFORGE ITEM - DELETE IT AND READD IT TO UPDATE

There is an overgrown nanoforge in the sector, but nobody owns it (yet). Is that compatible?
If not, how do you delete & re-add it?

Only the item breaks saves

Aevita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2024, 08:27:48 AM »

The magnestar parry mechanic is probably the most annoying thing ever. The timing is all over the place, there are no indicator when is the "correct" time to do so, it does almost absolutely nothing closer to the wave source.

Planetary shelter is a mess because you would get into the menu instead of having your fleet staying middle and trying to readjust is almost impossible.

The same with the cache, auto orbit is non-existent and you have to readjust while waiting for bruteforce, not to mention have to span your camera out to watch out for the wave, which you probably gonna eat the whole thing anw.

Everything in this mechanic is designed to waste your time, not checking your skill.

EDIT: Also the final fight in the damn zone require you to have your ENTIRE FLEET equip with intergrated Solar shielding cuz the enemy is somehow immune to corona. It's pretty much impossible to fight in those condition without heavy modification of your fleet.

While this on paper seem good on it own, the combination of all the time wasting mechanic making everything is a chore that i seriously don't want to suffer throught the second time.

EDIT 2: Suggestion: Planetary SHOULD have a massive safe zone behind it, it is a planet after all, this also remove the need to interact with the planet itself which is a enormous pain in the behind.

Suggestion 2: making the hit box of the wave smaller and closer to the middle of the entire thing, add more visual effect signify this. Because the god damn interdection pulse IS NOT design to be a defensive mechanic. It has delay, it has weird wind up, it slow your fleet down and most of all it is cumbersome af to use because it is mostly use to counter fleet. Also the speed up time is a thing.

GREAT MOD BTW.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2024, 08:38:24 AM by Aevita »

NikoTheGuyDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2024, 07:42:22 PM »

snip

I could probably adjust the parry timing. It's a bit too restrictive.

Getting above a planet is a skill issue, just position your fleet over it. Dont use autoorbit. Just move your fleet.
Though youre right, you should be able to autoorbit things you hack. Thats been fixed.
As has not knowing when the next pulse is. You now get a timer telling you the next one in the terrain name.
Ive also added the corona resist tag to the research station, since I kinda forgot to but I honestly really did mean to.

Unfortunately, the pulse is actually vanilla code, so its kinda annoying to change how it works, since I dont know how it does anything.

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2024, 06:18:09 AM »

Tried the new Satellites. The missiles are MUCH better than the Dakka. Just did not expect the one launched in mass to do a 180 in my butt after dodging them.

Also, can you find the magnetar through exploration, or do you have to start a quest to have access to it ?

NikoTheGuyDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2024, 06:18:59 AM »

Tried the new Satellites. The missiles are MUCH better than the Dakka. Just did not expect the one launched in mass to do a 180 in my butt after dodging them.

Also, can you find the magnetar through exploration, or do you have to start a quest to have access to it ?

Exploration OR a quest.

Aevita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2024, 06:40:56 PM »

Is there any chance you would consider tweak a bit of how much time you get "ionized" and "stun" when hit with ion wave?

There are many cache which are pass the last stellar shade guarantee you get hit by a wave since it took so long to hack them.

Well this won't be a problem if the parry mechanic work better i guess? But it is still a punishment and time wasting for people who just doing the hide and move strategy.

Edit (10/2/2024): I just start a new save and doing the magnestar thingy again. I notice that  the 1st hack near the gas giant give you two choices: the "brute-force" way and the "unga-bunga" way.

The unga bunga way shock your fleet for 20~ CR and instantly unlock the loot, which is nice if you want to safe time. But the problem is everything after that doesnt allow you to do so, it just the "brute-force" way. Kinda defeat the whole point of that entire interaction.

Not to mention the flavor text mention another way like finding a key or code to do it legit, which is probably not exist yet, cuz i unlock everything, even doing the research station 1st to see if there are any key.

Suggestion: Allow the unga bunga way for every cache, era ship and even the research station as well, but this time not shocking you for 20%cr cuz that is kinda lame. Instead have it send out an distress call for nearby fleet come in and check.

Why? : I did not touch any parameter in lunalib and every AI fleet that spawn is pretty scary. You would need a fully decked out fleet to stand a chance, and it's get insanely harder if 2 or 3 of them swarm you. Not to mention mixed in are some scary tera omega ship fleet which would spell death to most build since they got support from other AI ship.

This would made the option of being sneaky and fast a high risk high reward option, open up more way to interact with magnetar.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2024, 05:08:28 AM by Aevita »

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2024, 05:36:30 PM »

Alright. I actually tried to fight the Satelites.

It is REALLY easier to fight them. Putting missiles in place of normal weapons made it less annoying to approach them. Does not mean they are free thought, what weapon they have can actually overwelm your shields fairly fast, leaving you open for the missiles.

Still you don't need an overpowered ship to beat them anymore. And the frag missiles are nice to have for carriers.

terminal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2024, 09:06:52 PM »

I have been playing with this mod for a while now, and i enjoy all the different stuff to find, but the nanoforges really clutter the "important" intel tab. i don't suppose there is a way to parse which ones are on the players colonies and only display those?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 09:27:20 PM by terminal »

NikoTheGuyDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2024, 09:25:44 PM »

I have been playing with this mod for a while now, and i enjoy all the different stuff to find, but the nanoforges really clutter the "important" intel tab. i don suppose there is a way to parse which ones are on the players colonies and only display those?

No, but there is an option to condense all intel into oen tab.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]