Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remnant Defectors v1.4.2  (Read 9792 times)

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant Defectors v1.4.2
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 04:54:04 PM »

Some things to note: I accidentally updated the mod (somehow) when I was testing and added the RD_spawner by accident
I had a issue with battles not ending with the carriers need to retreat to end battle but sometime it's just one ship without fighters think it's just recognizing the ships as bad guys who need eliminated for some reason had many battles I had to back out of with the remnant but sense they where all dead they let me salvage instead of restarting combat

other then the stated issues I love the mod

I suspect you were running into what I was. Check your ships and see if any of them have a trait/hullmod called "RD Spawner". It functions similarly to the Omega ships that break up into more ships, but something about the coding of it means that any ship that uses that effect is considered a enemy that must be destroyed, or in your case, retreated. I personally experienced this with the Prototype Scintilla that comes with the RD game start in Nexerelin, but I also ran into a modspec for RD spawner, which means you might accidentally put it on others.
Unfortunately, in the case of the Proto Scintilla you get from RD start, you can't remove the effect, so your only choice is to scrap or sell it, or just not use it in combat. It shouldn't be an issue if you create more via orbital works (or if you use console commands to make an empty hull), but bear in mind that the only non-basic variant (in console, it's scintilla_defector_variant) in the game DOES come with the RD Spawner hullmod being irremovable. At least currently, as of this post.

Naimod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2023, 03:37:29 AM »

any plans on updating to 0.96?

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2023, 11:29:54 AM »

any plans on updating to 0.96?

Probably not. College is making my free time dim. Although thinking of starting a different one eventually since I actually have a laptop that can run editors correctly.

OmegaEntertainment

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant Defectors v1.0.0
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2023, 12:25:14 PM »

Save compatible?
Anyone able to confirm if this is save-compatible or not? I'll test to see if it is, if no one else has.
Pages: 1 [2]