Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: [0.97a] ED Shipyards 2.6.6 (2024-03-24)  (Read 170334 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ED Shipyards 2.6.3 (2023-08-24)
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2023, 11:48:13 PM »

Version 2.6.3
  • Wurgandal buffs: 10% more hull, ~8% more flux dissipation, no zero flux speed penalty, lowered supply usage
  • Newfoundland a bit smarter at activating its anti-missile system

Argonautis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ED Shipyards 2.6.3 (2023-08-24)
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2023, 06:45:40 AM »

Still get nightmares about the random ship phase out on my tail and explode before it even reaches the front lines.
I had to change my fleet composition and take out almost all of my phase ships, which is kinda ok considering that the ai in the last patch is not so good at using anyway.

But then..........
Then I managed to " :-Xacquire :-X" a second Newfoundland!!
First battle that I tried deploying both of them and my newly "acquired" Newfoundland decides to try and eat my tail and go boom along with 4000 crew onboard. That's when I decided to get myself a different flagship and outfit them both as mining trains.
The irony to this was that that the names are ISS Charming Anaconda and ISS Sacrificial Victim.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ED Shipyards 2.6.4 (2023-12-31)
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2023, 01:14:52 AM »

Version 2.6.4
  • Much less likely two newfoundlands will collide
  • Wurg has better AI targeting of ships with modules that report as phase ships
  • Shield breaker (shotgun) sounds redone to better fit with Star Sector, weapon volume lowered
  • Added a new distress encounter

« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 01:25:09 AM by Nick XR »

Dinvan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2023, 02:42:08 AM »

Love the mod, thanks for all the hard work.

I manually add missile auto forge to the shield modules and targeting supercomputer to the main+weapon modules(replacing advanced). I think it make the wurg on par with other super caps. Is there any chance of a change like this in the future? Being able to field missles on the front adds the extra close fire power needed as well as the super computers giving the range.
Thanks in advance.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2023, 01:42:27 PM »

Version 2.6.4
  • Much less likely two newfoundlands will collide
  • Wurg has better AI targeting of ships with modules that report as phase ships
  • Shield breaker (shotgun) sounds redone to better fit with Star Sector, weapon volume lowered
  • Added a new distress encounter

Thanks for your work, I love this mod!

I did have a rather odd question about a possible mod specific interaction change.  I know the Terrier resupply drones don't resupply their own ships but Nia Tahl's ScalarTech Solutions ships aren't supposed to "carry" their fighters but warp them in from planetary facilities via their bridgehead modules.  Would it be possible to program it such that for ScalarTech ships the Terrier drones can resupply their "own" ships?  Would that be too overpowered not how you want it to function or simply a pain to try and code?  Anyways thank you again for maintaining this awesome mod!

Brutestrength115

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ED Shipyards 2.6.4 (2023-12-31) bug-crash
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2024, 05:55:31 AM »

I have a issue, when I open comms with a ed patrol, which has the quest explanation point, the game crashes, Is there a fix for this or is this a ongoing bug? could it be the new distress encounter? The error code is in the attachments, the fleet that I interact with that causes the crash is ED Long Range Patrol

Update: Error log part is attached
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 11:09:28 AM by Brutestrength115 »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ED Shipyards 2.6.4 (2023-12-31) bug-crash
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2024, 09:39:35 AM »

I have a issue, when I open comms with a ed patrol, which has the quest explanation point, the game crashes, Is there a fix for this or is this a ongoing bug? could it be the new distress encounter? The error code is in the attachments, the fleet that I interact with that causes the crash is ED Long Range Patrol

Do you have the last 50 or so lines of the log file that is mentioned there?  There should be a detailed error message that will help me figure out what's going on. 
Thank you!

Brutestrength115

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2024, 09:18:05 AM »

Here is the log for 2.6.5a were when I boot the game it gives me the error Fatal:Null, when I start the game it almost immediately crashes and gives me this error, here is the log

Update- I updated magiclib and it launched without issue
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 10:11:31 AM by Brutestrength115 »

Requiem952

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2024, 09:04:34 PM »

Looks like ED Shipyards doesn't load when going into 0.97a (throws a custom exception), even when the game version for the mod has been updated. Is there a reason behind this check? Is there a way for me to play in 0.97a by disabling this check while waiting for the official update? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Exception is as follows:
51287 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: The mod ED Shipyards is only compatible with StarSector version: `0.96a`  Check the forums for a compatible version or disable this mod.
java.lang.RuntimeException: The mod ED Shipyards is only compatible with StarSector version: `0.96a`  Check the forums for a compatible version or disable this mod.
   at data.scripts.edshipyard.ED_modPlugin.onApplicationLoad(ED_modPlugin.java:43)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2024, 02:19:59 AM »

Same issue, not going to rush the author but ED shipyards is one of my favorites. Cant wait till all the mods update. Wish I knew more about coding, might be a simple ID fix or something, but what do I know lol.
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

XyttheElite117

• Ensign
  • Halo fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2024, 02:36:13 AM »

I think the new distress signal encounter from the mod happens too often and I always find myself fighting a pirate armada now
Wort wort wort

Alluvian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2024, 05:32:25 AM »

I think the new distress signal encounter from the mod happens too often and I always find myself fighting a pirate armada now
I think you're right. The overall frequency of distress calls seems the same, but the ones from ED are edging out the other types I think.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2024, 12:41:22 PM »

Looks like ED Shipyards doesn't load when going into 0.97a (throws a custom exception), even when the game version for the mod has been updated. Is there a reason behind this check? Is there a way for me to play in 0.97a by disabling this check while waiting for the official update? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Exception is as follows:
51287 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: The mod ED Shipyards is only compatible with StarSector version: `0.96a`  Check the forums for a compatible version or disable this mod.
java.lang.RuntimeException: The mod ED Shipyards is only compatible with StarSector version: `0.96a`  Check the forums for a compatible version or disable this mod.
   at data.scripts.edshipyard.ED_modPlugin.onApplicationLoad(ED_modPlugin.java:43)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

If I'm going to break compatibility between versions I like to do it when SS updates. This is honestly done for the good of the player, it would be easier for me to just break stuff willy-nilly rather than try to save up the changes.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] ED Shipyards 2.6.5 (2024-02-05)
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2024, 10:21:45 PM »

Version 2.6.5
  • Update to SS .97a
  • New Super Ship start for Nexerlin
  • Minor bug fixes

willard07

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] ED Shipyards 2.6.5 (2024-02-05)
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2024, 04:56:41 PM »

Enjoying the unique ships but I appear to be having some issue with the Nurse capital ship I didn't see mentioned. The field shield generator acts oddly for me. Starts battle automatically deployed, right clicking to lower between assaults or to get the 0 flux speed boost it goes down briefly then starts right back up again without me clicking to reactivate, and on occasion and inconsistently will turn it self off then back on rapidly after I try right clicking to toggle. Tried with and without PD guns attached, on its own in a simulation, with and without emeries and allies and just can't figure it out in game. Limited experience with editing .json files if its anything in there. Pretty much just tuning graphicslib setting so game runs better and the memory allocation increase.

Honestly I may just be dumb and missing something obvious but nothing else gives me that problem. I do have a decent amount of mods installed so there may be some conflict I'm unaware of. Other ships form mods with a shield-replacing special and separate system, like a burn drive system and damper field special, don't seem to act up but I haven't tried them all.

Mods in use, all updated to most current version in mod index: (sorry for long list)
-The library mods for other mods to work: Graphics, Luna, Lazy, Magic, Retro, and Combat Activators.
-Advanced Gunnery Control
-Aptly Simple Hullmods
-Arma Armatura
-Carrier UI
-Detailed Combat Reports
-DMOD Services
-ED Shipyard, of course
-Fleet Journal
-Fuel Siphoning
-Gensoukyou Manufacture, the .97 version
-Grand Colonies
-Hazard Mining Inc