Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 74

Author Topic: [0.97a] Realistic Combat 2.0.4  (Read 283851 times)

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96.a] Realistic Combat 1.31.0
« Reply #930 on: September 30, 2023, 03:08:08 PM »

I could make drones never retreat, why should they not?  Their in-game goal is to make accessing the objective as hard as possible, and I imagine their efforts would include harassing fleets they can't defeat just to spite them.

From a realistic perspective, it doesn't make sense for one or two nearly dead drones to be able to stop a fleet from plundering whatever they're guarding. More importantly though, it makes for annoying and unfun gameplay, which should be steered away from regardless of the reasoning behind it.

Wait, I think you might have gotten multiple folders from extracting the .zip file, which should have given you only one folder titled "RealisticCombat" from extracting the .zip file.  Is that right?

Realistic Combat is the only mod I know of that doesn't contain a single file that can be drag-extracted. Personally, I just make a 'RealisticCombat' folder then extract the .zip contents directly into it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 03:18:56 PM by Lycaeon »

DartStar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 01, 2023, 07:25:57 AM »

Started the mod from star wars. did a test battle with pirates. installed the most powerful faction cannon on my ship: 500 damage. The battle is underway. The enemy ship is a cargo ship, so brick and... It takes very little damage. At x2 acceleration, he scores 100 damage.
I like the concept of the mod, but I don't understand something. How to play with this mod I have yet to figure out.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 01, 2023, 09:42:11 AM »

Started the mod from star wars. did a test battle with pirates. installed the most powerful faction cannon on my ship: 500 damage. The battle is underway. The enemy ship is a cargo ship, so brick and... It takes very little damage. At x2 acceleration, he scores 100 damage.
I like the concept of the mod, but I don't understand something. How to play with this mod I have yet to figure out.

As a total conversion, Realistic Combat is often incompatible with other mods that add their own weapons/ships/fighters, due to the new stats not being accounted for under the mod's revised damage and weapon mechanics.

rarewhalerw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 01, 2023, 10:33:55 PM »

I could make drones never retreat, why should they not?  Their in-game goal is to make accessing the objective as hard as possible, and I imagine their efforts would include harassing fleets they can't defeat just to spite them.

From a realistic perspective, it doesn't make sense for one or two nearly dead drones to be able to stop a fleet from plundering whatever they're guarding. More importantly though, it makes for annoying and unfun gameplay, which should be steered away from regardless of the reasoning behind it.

Wait, I think you might have gotten multiple folders from extracting the .zip file, which should have given you only one folder titled "RealisticCombat" from extracting the .zip file.  Is that right?

Realistic Combat is the only mod I know of that doesn't contain a single file that can be drag-extracted. Personally, I just make a 'RealisticCombat' folder then extract the .zip contents directly into it.
bruh it was that easy the whole time, i was draging folder to the main game and it died.

MetaSarcasm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 03, 2023, 05:31:40 PM »

I'm really enjoying the mod, however I was wondering if there was a way to turn manual firing of ballistic weaponry back on? I find it really tedious and kind of annoying that I have to aim at this little dot instead of like, the huge ship I am fighting and do the target leading myself.

I've tried fiddling with various different files in the mod folders, I can get the lead indicator to go away but I can't change it's size - and even if it's gone the weapons are still locked to presumably a now invisible lead indicator.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 04, 2023, 01:47:33 PM »

I'm really enjoying the mod, however I was wondering if there was a way to turn manual firing of ballistic weaponry back on? I find it really tedious and kind of annoying that I have to aim at this little dot instead of like, the huge ship I am fighting and do the target leading myself.

I've tried fiddling with various different files in the mod folders, I can get the lead indicator to go away but I can't change it's size - and even if it's gone the weapons are still locked to presumably a now invisible lead indicator.

See the bolded part below.

Essentially this keeps all aspects of the mod except for the damage and armor systems (As well as their associated player skills) which as a result of the fix should now be completely vanilla accurate. To adapt the mod follow these directions:

In mod_info.json delete:
    "replace":[
   "data/characters/skills/ballistic_mastery.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/energy_weapon_mastery.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/impact_mitigation.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/missile_specialization.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/tactical_drills.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/target_analysis.skill",
   ]<= Make sure you delete this last bracket.

Navigate to 'RealisticCombat/data' and delete the characters and strings folders. Then open the config folder and open the Toggles.json and WeaponSpecs.json files using Notepad++.

In Toggles.json set "replaceDamageModel" to false. If you want to also disable the mod's restrictive aim lock set "threeDimensionalTargeting" to false.

In WeaponSpecs.json change the following values: (To Liral, I recommend making it so that these changes happen automatically when replaceDamageModel is set to false)

At the top of the file:
"damageFactor" => 1

At the bottom of the file:
"directedEnergyMunition" => 0.092
"burst" => 0.092
"continuous" => 0.092

(These two values are negative)
"pointDefenseBeamMinimumFluxEfficiency" => -0.0009
"antiShipBeamMinimumFluxEfficiency" => -0.0009

MetaSarcasm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 07, 2023, 02:46:00 AM »

See the bolded part below.

Essentially this keeps all aspects of the mod except for the damage and armor systems (As well as their associated player skills) which as a result of the fix should now be completely vanilla accurate. To adapt the mod follow these directions:

In mod_info.json delete:
    "replace":[
   "data/characters/skills/ballistic_mastery.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/energy_weapon_mastery.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/impact_mitigation.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/missile_specialization.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/tactical_drills.skill",
   "data/characters/skills/target_analysis.skill",
   ]<= Make sure you delete this last bracket.

Navigate to 'RealisticCombat/data' and delete the characters and strings folders. Then open the config folder and open the Toggles.json and WeaponSpecs.json files using Notepad++.

In Toggles.json set "replaceDamageModel" to false. If you want to also disable the mod's restrictive aim lock set "threeDimensionalTargeting" to false.

In WeaponSpecs.json change the following values: (To Liral, I recommend making it so that these changes happen automatically when replaceDamageModel is set to false)

At the top of the file:
"damageFactor" => 1

At the bottom of the file:
"directedEnergyMunition" => 0.092
"burst" => 0.092
"continuous" => 0.092

(These two values are negative)
"pointDefenseBeamMinimumFluxEfficiency" => -0.0009
"antiShipBeamMinimumFluxEfficiency" => -0.0009

AMAZING THANK YOU

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96.a] Realistic Combat 1.32.0
« Reply #937 on: October 11, 2023, 07:25:26 PM »

Patch 1.32.0 is out!  Added weapon facing indicators, fixed the lead indicator alpha to 1, and replaced the projectile weapon damage multiplier with a flat damage bonus to high-explosive projectile weapons.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 07:35:41 PM by Liral »

WongTseHo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96.a] Realistic Combat 1.32.0; Bug report with range on certain weapons
« Reply #938 on: October 16, 2023, 07:41:36 AM »

I believe this bug might already be known. I have an issue where weapons like the ion pulser or autocannon don't have the range as displayed. They appear to revert back to vanilla ranges, requiring the ship to get ridiculously close to enemy ships to fire compared to all other weapons. The antimatter blaster is another example of this. I don't know if this is only on certain ships. I tested this out on the TT Brawler as well as the Tempest.

spazza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96.a] Realistic Combat 1.32.0
« Reply #939 on: October 20, 2023, 12:22:22 PM »

im playing again after a while and weapons arent working unless i let my ship autofire them, except PD lasers. is this intended?

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96.a] Realistic Combat 1.33.0
« Reply #940 on: October 21, 2023, 08:11:12 PM »

Patch 1.33.0 is out!  Weapons that could 'bracket' a target with three shots around and one in the center to force it to move can now be fired when aimed a target radius from the center of the lead indicator and at any range.

Gameciel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 22, 2023, 07:08:27 AM »

Such amount of progress since I shortly dropped this game. And I'm still picking it up with this mod. Simply fancy. You should get paid for this. Add Patreon if you wish lol.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 22, 2023, 11:51:11 AM »

Patch 1.33.0 is out!  Weapons that could 'bracket' a target with three shots around and one in the center to force it to move can now be fired when aimed a target radius from the center of the lead indicator and at any range.

I am having bugs with this. One is that if a target can be "bracketed" like this I can manually aim away from it and fire manually at infinite range at other targets. Autofire for other weapons also seems bugged, as weapons will stop autofiring at targets that are within their visually shown dynamic range.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

mark.sucka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 29, 2023, 10:37:36 PM »

I sincerely appreciate all the hard work you've put into this mod.

I wanted to provide the following, because I'm seeing targeting and weapon firing behavior that doesn't make sense given the 3D physics described in the manual.

I've got an enemy frigate Cerebus, and it has machine guns and autocannons.  It's directing fire at a box of borer drones, hitting and damaging them.  There is about 3300 su of distance between the two, so this would be the absolute max range of the machine gun.  I'd be surprised it can fire against a destroyer and hit at that range, much less a strike craft given that strafing effects should mean shooting a such a small target would be pretty much a near guaranteed miss.

At the same time, those borer drones aren't returning fire.  There are no other eligible targets on the map; every other enemy ship and strike craft are dead, and there are no inbound missiles.  Those mining lasers have a range of 6600, so in my mind those should be firing well before the enemy autocannon's 4000 range shells are incoming.

I get the beam weapons have diffraction, and presumably from the mining laser's max range of 6600 there would be little to no damage being applied to the enemy frigate, but....you're a borer drone, what else are you going to do?  You have no shields, so it isn't like you're not firing so you can dissipate hard flux.  And the mining laser consumes 10 flux/s versus your 100 flux/s base dissipation, so again it isn't like you're not firing so you can dissipate accumulated soft flux.  I might even buy the argument that the drones are holding fire to get a 0-flux speed boost, but they are flying in box formation alongside a Shepherd, which has a slower speed than the Borer drones, so there is no need to obtain a 0-fux speed boost if you are just going to keep pace with a ship that is flying slower than your non-0-flux speed.  There is absolutely nothing to be gained from not firing the mining laser, and everything to be gained by firing it, especially if the frigate had shields and was goaded into raising them to avoid the mining laser damage (and by extension forcing it to keep accumulated hard flux).

Sorry for the low image quality; forum says 192kb max size but keeps demanding lower files size than that.  Let me know if you want original screengrabs.

Midnniiiiiight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 31, 2023, 12:22:18 AM »

Hello, I'm here again to ask something! What's the difference between the other download and the legacy one? Aside from being more compatible for mods
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 74