Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 76

Author Topic: [0.97a] Realistic Combat 2.0.6  (Read 321604 times)

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.19.0
« Reply #525 on: September 24, 2022, 07:13:34 PM »

I'll add a fighter non-launcher muzzle velocity factor in the next release.
updates on this?

Implemented for the next release.

G00D80T

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.20.7
« Reply #526 on: September 24, 2022, 10:28:29 PM »

I attached a screenshot of the error, in /starsector.log the same thing.

help my weapons are not firing beam weapons are fine but some medium and large ballistic or non-beam energy weapon dont fire

Oh no.  What are the reproduction steps?

P.S. Punctuation, please. :P

How can i fix it?
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Key [aiType] has invalid value [BURN_DRIVE_TOGGLE] in [{"loopSound":"system_burn_drive_loop","engineGlowWidthMult":"3","clampTurnRateAfter":"true","aiType":"BURN_DRIVE_TOGGLE","statsScript":"shipsystems.scripts.BurnDriveStats","alwaysAccelerate":"true","aiHints":{"activeSpeedIncrease":"100","burstMovementPotential":"0","averageSpeedIncrease":"100"},"flameoutOnImpactChance":"0.5","type":"ENGINE_MOD","outOfUsesSound":"engine_disabled","id":"burndrive","useSound":"system_burn_drive_activate","deactivateSound":"system_burn_drive_deactivate","clampMaxSpeedAfter":"true","engineGlowLengthMult":"2.5","engineGlowGlowMult":"2"}]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Key [aiType] has invalid value [BURN_DRIVE_TOGGLE] in [{"loopSound":"system_burn_drive_loop","engineGlowWidthMult":"3","clampTurnRateAfter":"true","aiType":"BURN_DRIVE_TOGGLE","statsScript":"shipsystems.scripts.BurnDriveStats","alwaysAccelerate":"true","aiHints":{"activeSpeedIncrease":"100","burstMovementPotential":"0","averageSpeedIncrease":"100"},"flameoutOnImpactChance":"0.5","type":"ENGINE_MOD","outOfUsesSound":"engine_disabled","id":"burndrive","useSound":"system_burn_drive_activate","deactivateSound":"system_burn_drive_deactivate","clampMaxSpeedAfter":"true","engineGlowLengthMult":"2.5","engineGlowGlowMult":"2"}]
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Key [aiType] has invalid value [BURN_DRIVE_TOGGLE] in [{"loopSound":"system_burn_drive_loop","engineGlowWidthMult":"3","clampTurnRateAfter":"true","aiType":"BURN_DRIVE_TOGGLE","statsScript":"shipsystems.scripts.BurnDriveStats","alwaysAccelerate":"true","aiHints":{"activeSpeedIncrease":"100","burstMovementPotential":"0","averageSpeedIncrease":"100"},"flameoutOnImpactChance":"0.5","type":"ENGINE_MOD","outOfUsesSound":"engine_disabled","id":"burndrive","useSound":"system_burn_drive_activate","deactivateSound":"system_burn_drive_deactivate","clampMaxSpeedAfter":"true","engineGlowLengthMult":"2.5","engineGlowGlowMult":"2"}]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Key [aiType] has invalid value [BURN_DRIVE_TOGGLE] in [{"loopSound":"system_burn_drive_loop","engineGlowWidthMult":"3","clampTurnRateAfter":"true","aiType":"BURN_DRIVE_TOGGLE","statsScript":"shipsystems.scripts.BurnDriveStats","alwaysAccelerate":"true","aiHints":{"activeSpeedIncrease":"100","burstMovementPotential":"0","averageSpeedIncrease":"100"},"flameoutOnImpactChance":"0.5","type":"ENGINE_MOD","outOfUsesSound":"engine_disabled","id":"burndrive","useSound":"system_burn_drive_activate","deactivateSound":"system_burn_drive_deactivate","clampMaxSpeedAfter":"true","engineGlowLengthMult":"2.5","engineGlowGlowMult":"2"}]

What are the steps to reproduce the bug?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 24, 2022, 10:47:35 PM »

I attached a screenshot of the error, in /starsector.log the same thing.

What are the steps to reproduce he bug: how can I make the bug happen?

rarewhalerw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 25, 2022, 04:56:10 AM »

help my weapons are not firing beam weapons are fine but some medium and large ballistic or non-beam energy weapon dont fire

Oh no.  What are the reproduction steps?

P.S. Punctuation, please. :P

How can i fix it?

What are the steps to reproduce the bug?
I don't see error , but just cooldown bar become long /stuck at a point . Also some weapon don't fire , unless switch quickly (which make it like a no cooldown shoot a shoot or line of shoots and use all my flux)(example weapons that used all my flux : chain guns ,needler , weapons that require charge time to shoot . )------(update)(it only failed in simulation not battle)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 06:40:42 AM by rarewhalerw »

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 25, 2022, 01:32:32 PM »

I don't see error , but just cooldown bar become long /stuck at a point . Also some weapon don't fire , unless switch quickly (which make it like a no cooldown shoot a shoot or line of shoots and use all my flux)(example weapons that used all my flux : chain guns ,needler , weapons that require charge time to shoot . )------(update)(it only failed in simulation not battle)

Can you tell me how to make this happen?

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.21.0
« Reply #530 on: September 25, 2022, 02:51:23 PM »

Patch 1.21.0 is out! Added hard flux level indication and skill overrides.  Quality Captains will release a compatibility patch.

rarewhalerw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 26, 2022, 03:30:35 AM »

Can you tell me how to make this happen?
all weapons works perfectly fine in combat but not run simulation . I don't exactly know how this happened ? i just see the problem . (plus the newest update solved the problem.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 06:24:16 AM by rarewhalerw »

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 26, 2022, 07:00:43 AM »

all weapons works perfectly fine in combat but not run simulation . I don't exactly know how this happened ? i just see the problem . (plus the newest update solved the problem.)

Bizarre.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 26, 2022, 06:40:01 PM »

Patch 1.21.0 is out! Added hard flux level indication and skill overrides.  Quality Captains will release a compatibility patch.
Had a pretty hefty performance drop once I updated to 1.21, mainly in large fleet battles of upwards of 40 ships total (mostly the enemy, but also my own, where I deploy no more than 6-8 high-end ships with hullmods that buff their performance significantly).

Even on my potato of an outdated PC* I get well above 30 FPS (even with 20 ships on-screen, it's closer to 45) @ 1600x900 in windowed mode and a battle size of 1200(!), with little if any lag/slowdown (excepting when Temporal Shell and related ship abilities are activated), but 1.21 changed that.

Afterwards, I average under 30 FPS (sometimes as few as 10-15 FPS, same number of on-screen ships), with constant lag/slowdown; reverting to 1.20.7's .jar file (and also either renaming or deleting the 'data\characters\skills' sub-folder to prevent CTDs) fixed that issue. So, what gives Liral?

Are the skill(s) overrides to make them compatible with Realistic Combat's changes (most of which I do NOT use, disabling them in Toggles.json) eating up far more CPU time than before? And/or is it the 'hard flux level indicator(s)'?

* - Windows 10, Intel i5-4670k, 12GB DDR3 SDRAM, eVGA NVidia GTX 1060 6GB.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 07:02:04 PM by TimeDiver »

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 26, 2022, 07:20:29 PM »

Had a pretty hefty performance drop once I updated to 1.21, mainly in large fleet battles of upwards of 40 ships total (mostly the enemy, but also my own, where I deploy no more than 6-8 high-end ships with hullmods that buff their performance significantly).

Even on my potato of an outdated PC* I get well above 30 FPS (even with 20 ships on-screen, it's closer to 45) @ 1600x900 in windowed mode and a battle size of 1200(!), with little if any lag/slowdown (excepting when Temporal Shell and related ship abilities are activated), but 1.21 changed that.

Afterwards, I average under 30 FPS (sometimes as few as 10-15 FPS, same number of on-screen ships), with constant lag/slowdown; reverting to 1.20.7's .jar file (and also either renaming or deleting the 'data\characters\skills' sub-folder to prevent CTDs) fixed that issue. So, what gives Liral?

Are the skill(s) overrides to make them compatible with Realistic Combat's changes (most of which I do NOT use, disabling them in Toggles.json) eating up far more CPU time than before? And/or is it the 'hard flux level indicator(s)'?

:o None of the skill replacements I added uses any heavy math, and the hard flux level indicator uses about 1/4 the math of the status diamonds.  I suspect the skills are at fault and will investigate with Dal.  Expect a hotfix soon.

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 26, 2022, 07:29:55 PM »

Hotfix 1.21.1 is out!  I have rolled back the skill changes because they might have affected performance.  My poor little potato could never tell the difference. :(

GoldenGlory

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.21.1
« Reply #536 on: September 26, 2022, 09:46:46 PM »

alright, i made an account for this one. so I've found two major errors, the first is the hilarious one that cases everything to retreat unconditionally once it goes below 50 percent combat readiness, making a lot of fights either way easier or way harder than they should be since you cant force your cowards to stay and finish an enemy who's almost defeated, but it makes enemies flee fights they could easily win and helplessly be defeated by tiny forces, or more commonly nothing. which leads to the second part, automated drones will still "retreat", but obviously they don't go anywhere, so its treated as though it was YOU who retreated, and the game kinda cant deal with it so the text doesn't make sense. re engaging them makes them spawn and immediately retreat since they cant actually flee, so the only real way to defeat them is to continually re engage them then declare victory so their CR goes down from deployment, until it gets low enough that they take major damage on deployment and you can start getting them to explode. i kinda got used to that one since the mod is so much more fun though.

the other one was guns like the anti matter blaster not firing and guns like flak guns and the heavy autocannon firing like miniguns and overloading the craft immediately, which made the monitor a total trash heap since the two built in flak guns get it to max flux immediately. that one seems to have been fixed by the recent release but now its unplayable due to an incredibly common Null Pointer Exception during combat.
129927 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at listeners.DamageModel.applyCriticallyMalfunctionToNearestModule(DamageModel.java:84)
   at listeners.DamageModel.modifyDamageTaken(DamageModel.java:288)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:67)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:59)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OO.A.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OO.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 26, 2022, 10:05:00 PM »

Hotfix 1.21.1 is out!  I have rolled back the skill changes because they might have affected performance.  My poor little potato could never tell the difference. :(
Follow-up report on 1.21.1: Definitely an improvement over 1.21.0, but drawn-out battles still (eventually) lag, compared to 1.20.7.

The oddest part is, after using 'RemoveHulks' in Console Commands, the lag disappears immediately, but comes back after more enemy ships are killed.

Seems as though either the code for hard flux level indicators ends up eating up CPU time like nothing else, and/or there's a memory leak in 1.21.1.

Just to re-interate, the .jar file from 1.20.7 does NOT have these issues.

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.21.1
« Reply #538 on: September 27, 2022, 03:01:36 AM »

alright, i made an account for this one. so I've found two major errors, the first is the hilarious one that cases everything to retreat unconditionally once it goes below 50 percent combat readiness, making a lot of fights either way easier or way harder than they should be since you cant force your cowards to stay and finish an enemy who's almost defeated, but it makes enemies flee fights they could easily win and helplessly be defeated by tiny forces, or more commonly nothing. which leads to the second part, automated drones will still "retreat", but obviously they don't go anywhere, so its treated as though it was YOU who retreated, and the game kinda cant deal with it so the text doesn't make sense. re engaging them makes them spawn and immediately retreat since they cant actually flee, so the only real way to defeat them is to continually re engage them then declare victory so their CR goes down from deployment, until it gets low enough that they take major damage on deployment and you can start getting them to explode. i kinda got used to that one since the mod is so much more fun though.

That behavior is not a bug but a feature: waiting until lower combat readiness to retreat leaves the ship unable to survive the retreat.  I should have documented it in the Field Manual and noted that the solution is to reserve some fast ships with long-range weapons to pursue and destroy a defeated fleet.

the other one was guns like the anti matter blaster not firing and guns like flak guns and the heavy autocannon firing like miniguns and overloading the craft immediately, which made the monitor a total trash heap since the two built in flak guns get it to max flux immediately. that one seems to have been fixed by the recent release but now its unplayable due to an incredibly common Null Pointer Exception during combat.
129927 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at listeners.DamageModel.applyCriticallyMalfunctionToNearestModule(DamageModel.java:84)
   at listeners.DamageModel.modifyDamageTaken(DamageModel.java:288)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:67)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:59)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OO.A.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Expect a hotfix.  Also, please tell me if your average combat frame-rate has dropped in recent versions because someone else has reported as much.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 03:03:20 AM by Liral »

rarewhalerw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 27, 2022, 03:22:59 AM »

Some how my pc run better then urs I got 8gb ram only and same i5 .
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 76