Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ships and weapons turning off target  (Read 1638 times)

Draba

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ships and weapons turning off target
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2023, 05:12:39 AM »

This ended up being a bit of a rabbit hole, but, made some improvements. Turns out there were some cases where the AI was considering certain ships to be a threat where they realistically weren't. Fixed this up (which addresses part of this facing issue) and also made it more willing to commit to facing a closer target if the target it wants to face towards is further away and in the same general direction. I think a fairly good improvement overall here; thank you for bringing this up.
Great to hear and glad there were some possible improvements there, can't wait to try the changes!

(And I have some *doubt* about those level 7 officers, but we won't talk about that.)
A sandbox save that has most ships I like in this version grinded out and ready to go, replacing the officer skills with a script when switching out ships.
Shameless plug related to that: Ability to "bench" officers.
Would be nice if you could pay some extra to keep unused officers on the roster.

(For reference, managed to beat those two Ordos - with everything on autopilot - only losing the Lumens. It's pretty rng, though, the worse-case win had something like the Astral/Doom/Dominator left. And of course this is with all the in-dev changes... still, that was pretty fun.)
Yeah, sometimes it's fun to just sit back and watch the pretty lights :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 06:37:21 AM by Draba »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2023, 10:19:31 AM »

Was the inverse also true, where ships were discounting real threats?

Not that I'm aware of, no.

A sandbox save that has most ships I like in this version grinded out and ready to go, replacing the officer skills with a script when switching out ships.

Ah, nice!

Shameless plug related to that: Ability to "bench" officers.
Would be nice if you could pay some extra to keep unused officers on the roster.

Yep, aware of this - maybe at some point! I've looked at some similar things and ran into a few roadblocks but off the top of my head I don't remember what they were.

Yeah, sometimes it's fun to just sit back and watch the pretty lights :)

It sure is! And that Astral in particular makes *a lot* of lights :)

YoungArchivist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2023, 07:32:22 AM »

Yep, its the same for me. This problem exists for years now, doesnt matter if you have mods or not. Thats the reason why I dont like using hardpoint-centric ships.
AI tends to wiggle between targets and priortise targets that are out of reach. AI also seems to specifically spare ships that are about to be destroyed (An overloaded dominator with 10% HP? Lets ignore it and switch to another target!).
Pages: 1 [2]