Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Content Unlocking Missions 1.14  (Read 84962 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Content Unlocking Missions 1.13
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2023, 08:15:20 AM »

It seems 0.96a changed some of the code for some of the main menu missions. I'm getting an error with A Fist Full of Credits when I try running with this mod now. Specifically, this:
21294 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.missions.afistfulofcredits.MissionDefinition]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.missions.afistfulofcredits.MissionDefinition]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/missions/afistfulofcredits/MissionDefinition.java', Line 68, Column 72: A method named "pickPortrait" is not declared in any enclosing class nor any supertype, nor through a static import
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:419)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:352)
   ... 2 more
The key seems to be the pickPortrait line, and it crashes after this so I can't tell you if there are issues with the other missions or not.

Thanks!
Ported for 0.96
Updated some text strings that David fixed in the own base missions.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2023, 11:08:40 PM »

Great mod, sure wish some of the rewards are more worth it/interesting tbh

Just letting you know that this will broke the Nothing Personal mission because the Aurora variant is

FleetMemberAPI member = api.addToFleet(FleetSide.PLAYER, "aurora_Assault_Support", FleetMemberType.SHIP, "ISS Athena", true);
Instead of aurora_Assault

Thanks

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2023, 01:14:32 PM »

Great mod, sure wish some of the rewards are more worth it/interesting tbh

Just letting you know that this will broke the Nothing Personal mission because the Aurora variant is

FleetMemberAPI member = api.addToFleet(FleetSide.PLAYER, "aurora_Assault_Support", FleetMemberType.SHIP, "ISS Athena", true);
Instead of aurora_Assault

Thanks
Good catch, thank you. Will hotfix.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2023, 03:28:46 PM »

This comes up when trying to use certain other mods, too; it might be a good idea to take a look at the vanilla ship variants in general, as a number of them seem to have been shuffled.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2023, 12:26:47 AM »

Awesome mod, thanks. I just want to check, if I update or remove this mod (either replace file in update or disabling mod) will I have to redo the missions or does it just check to see if they are completed and then unlock the content?

Call me an idiot but I don't really understand what you mean with this:

You do not need to complete all the missions for them to appear although finding them might be pretty under rewarding. ALL missions rewards apply retroactively. You do not have to do it again. Plenty of story points to gain from this mod.

I get the story point gain (xp from finding them) and unrewarding part (low gains) but don't understand much else that you say there.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2023, 09:22:18 AM »

Awesome mod, thanks. I just want to check, if I update or remove this mod (either replace file in update or disabling mod) will I have to redo the missions or does it just check to see if they are completed and then unlock the content?
Just checks. It does nothing to your mission score, you can cheat and insta-kill every ship for a 100% but the mod only checks for a bare minimum score of 1%+ and then lets you process through the rewards.

Call me an idiot but I don't really understand what you mean with this:

Quote from: Enginseer
You do not need to complete all the missions for them to appear although finding them might be pretty under rewarding. ALL missions rewards apply retroactively. You do not have to do it again. Plenty of story points to gain from this mod.
I'll be glad to clarify. ALL mission rewards apply retroactively means they'll spawn mid-save IF possible (if the Askonia system doesn't exist then obviously... the rewards spawned in Askonia won't appear but if it does, it'll appear!) The under-rewarding is that some of the rewards will still spawn despite you not having to complete the mission.. (it will give you a reminder if you proceed to one of these text that you should do these missions, so save and exit to main menu and do mission, then head back :) )

Snepia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2023, 09:47:30 AM »

idk if I'm just a noob (I am) but the modified turning the table mission is way too hard for me. At the very least, it isn't really fitting of the "easy" moniker anymore, unless I'm missing some obvious strategy here.

Wallace Lord of Owls

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2023, 11:06:20 AM »

Hey, I seem to be having some kind of issue with the abandoned research station in the Tia system. I did the mission to unlock it, forget which mission it was, and I've decrypted most of the files with the help of ai cores, but I can't seem to restore the data integrity on the files. I'm using an alpha level ai, but it says I need a higher technology skill in addition to the alpha ai. I assumed that meant I needed to reach the final tier of perks for the technology tree, but I did that and it doesn't seem to have worked. What do I have to do to get this to work?

Wallace Lord of Owls

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2023, 11:08:51 AM »

Hey, I seem to be having some kind of issue with the abandoned research station in the Tia system. I did the mission to unlock it, forget which mission it was, and I've decrypted most of the files with the help of ai cores, but I can't seem to restore the data integrity on the files. I'm using an alpha level ai, but it says I need a higher technology skill in addition to the alpha ai. I assumed that meant I needed to reach the final tier of perks for the technology tree, but I did that and it doesn't seem to have worked. What do I have to do to get this to work?

Okay, I figured it out, I just respecced my skills to get every single skill in the technology tree and that worked. I think there should be a tooltip there to say how many skills you need in the technology skill to do that, since it's rather confusing.

Zerias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2023, 06:45:03 PM »

Loving the mod, the Wolf Pack reward is great for kickstarting my runs as I prefer to play a trader/explorer. Nothing Personal has a possibly my favorite gun once I get the skills/core for it, Turning the Table is a very nice slow but unlimited loot box, and Greater Ludd is (to me at least) outright overpowered if I select the right response.
One question though, I can't seem to figure out what the Bismark reward is supposed to be? I finally beat the (surprisingly tough) fight in campaign and get a bit of ordinary salvage and recovered 1 Tempest that doesn't have any special features the way the Ambush mission reward did. A bug, bad RNG, or is that really all I get from it?

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2023, 07:16:26 PM »

One question though, I can't seem to figure out what the Bismark reward is supposed to be? I finally beat the (surprisingly tough) fight in campaign and get a bit of ordinary salvage and recovered 1 Tempest that doesn't have any special features the way the Ambush mission reward did. A bug, bad RNG, or is that really all I get from it?

I think you're supposed to be able to recover a Hyperion and two Tempests, though honestly I think I'd prefer being able to recover the Onslaught.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2023, 04:52:47 PM »

Okay, I figured it out, I just respecced my skills to get every single skill in the technology tree and that worked. I think there should be a tooltip there to say how many skills you need in the technology skill to do that, since it's rather confusing.
It does a Technology Skill Check of you having 0/1/3/6/9 skills in the Technology Aptitude.
A Gamma Core assistant lowers this requirement to 0/0/1/-/-, it is unavailable to help you with the 4th and 5th check.
A Beta Core assistant lowers this requirement to 0/0/0/1/3/-, unavailable to help you with the 5th check.
An Alpha Core individual lowers this requirement to 0/0/0/0/6.

Sorry you had to respec your entire skills in the technology tree, I think I will make note of this when updating the mod!
Loving the mod, the Wolf Pack reward is great for kickstarting my runs as I prefer to play a trader/explorer. Nothing Personal has a possibly my favorite gun once I get the skills/core for it, Turning the Table is a very nice slow but unlimited loot box, and Greater Ludd is (to me at least) outright overpowered if I select the right response.

I think you're supposed to be able to recover a Hyperion and two Tempests, though honestly I think I'd prefer being able to recover the Onslaught.
Yes, that's correct, those Hyperion and Tempests are supposed to have some random s-mod hullmods... and should always be recoverable. How weird. The Onslaught is weird to recover given... its hull exist in another mission and is known to be alive (or at least if presumed dead in their next mission, they wouldn't be in that location).

I'll make a note to grant these 3 ships some s-mods, however.

WakelessREX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2023, 09:42:07 AM »

Just to clarify so I understand, this mod adds the main menu missions to the campaign map so you can find and complete them for rewards?

Or it just gives you campaign rewards if you complete them in the main menu?
Apologies if that is self explanatory but I was not sure.

Zerias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2023, 10:01:57 AM »

The second. It adds rewards in-campaign for the missions in-main-menu. Each mission you complete gives a different reward. For example, the mod adds a memorial in the Aztlan system that takes the shape of a derelict Paragon. Without beating the mission, it just floats there and does nothing. Once you beat Forlorn Hope though (with any score), you can interact with it to get a reward in game.

WakelessREX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2023, 11:19:06 AM »

Ahh, thank you
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5