Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I have almost every mod god has ever made & can't increase battle size past 500  (Read 3289 times)

Fakalljakall

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I got the game off... a pirate ship... (I don't have the money I'm sorry Alexander  :'( ) and installed almost every mod imaginable, when the game didn't launch because I installed 1 mod wrongly I then redownloaded the game from the official site, deleted the "lost and found" one and used a... code from a certain individual (forgive me father for I have sinned) and then installed the mod correctly, I think it was the alarm sounds mod since you needed to replace some files when installing it and I didn't do that the first time.

Then I went to the settings.json file (I did this after the first installation too but because it didn't start there's no way for me to know if it applied the first time around) and changed battlesize, maxshipsinfleet, and maxofficers and all of those applied except battlesize of which I only increased the battlesizemax to 1000 and kept the rest as is.
But in game it doesn't go past 500 in the settings menu and I didn't read every mod in detail so I don't know if any of them limit the battle size to 500.

Please help, I want to destroy my CPU with an 11 year old game that can run on windows 95. (if that's even possible)

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile

In vanilla, the process for changing the maximum battle size is:

1. Open up \starsector-core\data\config\settings.json, and change "maxBattleSize" to the desired value, then save the file.
2. Go to the "Settings" menu in-game, "Settings" tab, move the "Battle size" slider to the desired value, then click on "Save".

If this doesn't work, then there is almost certainly some mod or another that is overriding the vanilla values. For example, if you have Archean Order installed, you need to change the battle size settings within that mod.

Fakalljakall

• Ensign
    • View Profile

In vanilla, the process for changing the maximum battle size is:

1. Open up \starsector-core\data\config\settings.json, and change "maxBattleSize" to the desired value, then save the file.
2. Go to the "Settings" menu in-game, "Settings" tab, move the "Battle size" slider to the desired value, then click on "Save".

If this doesn't work, then there is almost certainly some mod or another that is overriding the vanilla values. For example, if you have Archean Order installed, you need to change the battle size settings within that mod.

Thank you, I was wondering what mod did that, I have that one. Cheers and happy "trading".