Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] Exotica Technologies v1.8.5 - updated Jan 21st  (Read 241978 times)

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.1.5 - UI Update
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2022, 04:22:07 PM »

First of all, thanks for making this mod, and offering new additional ways to specialize ships!

I just have one question/request (maybe i am just too dumb):
Is there no way to choose which level of chip to use instead of the highest level (as the tooltip says)? I had circumvented this by moving only the wanted chips to my inventory. But while the crate has significantly reduced the chips cluttering my inventory, it also made this circumvention more tedious by needing to go through the extra crate inventory window.

If it would prioritize chips in the inventory over ones in the crate that would be a nice way to do it maybe?

yeah haven't found a good solution to it yet unfortunately. the ideal is you get to pick from a list, but i'm already using up most of the screen real estate that i have on the smallest screen size supproted by the game (1280x768 or something). i'll think of something eventually, but if you or anyone elsse has ideas that would help, then feel free.

Xzaven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2022, 05:46:42 AM »

First of all, thanks for making this mod, and offering new additional ways to specialize ships!

I just have one question/request (maybe i am just too dumb):
Is there no way to choose which level of chip to use instead of the highest level (as the tooltip says)? I had circumvented this by moving only the wanted chips to my inventory. But while the crate has significantly reduced the chips cluttering my inventory, it also made this circumvention more tedious by needing to go through the extra crate inventory window.

If it would prioritize chips in the inventory over ones in the crate that would be a nice way to do it maybe?

yeah haven't found a good solution to it yet unfortunately. the ideal is you get to pick from a list, but i'm already using up most of the screen real estate that i have on the smallest screen size supproted by the game (1280x768 or something). i'll think of something eventually, but if you or anyone elsse has ideas that would help, then feel free.

I don't know if this is possible: Maybe cycling through the chips with arrow keys while hovering over the Upgrade Chip button?

Else what I mentioned before, if it could prioritize chips in the fleet inventory over the crate, that would be a help too.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2022, 09:43:43 AM »

Putting your crate in storage and then withdrawing it after you automatically get a new one causes all your chips to be erased.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2022, 07:34:54 PM »

Putting your crate in storage and then withdrawing it after you automatically get a new one causes all your chips to be erased.

fixed

DVeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.1.6 - UI Update
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2022, 09:41:23 AM »

Is it possible to put max bandwidth into mod settings?

I thought that I have finally found some use for my bustling economy, but hit the ceiling at 300 TB/s =(
I would like to continue upgrading as long as I can afford infinitely growing costs =)

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2022, 09:44:11 AM »

I thought that I have finally found some use for my bustling economy, but hit the ceiling at 300 TB/s =(
I would like to continue upgrading as long as I can afford infinitely growing costs =)

this isn't intended to be an infinite scaling mod. the idea of such a thing is really unfun anyway, in any case; after a certain point your ship is basically invincible, has essentially infinite flux that it can vent instantly and can kill things by just ramming into them because any ship would be able to move at 600 SU.

DVeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2022, 12:45:27 AM »

this isn't intended to be an infinite scaling mod. the idea of such a thing is really unfun anyway, in any case; after a certain point your ship is basically invincible, has essentially infinite flux that it can vent instantly and can kill things by just ramming into them because any ship would be able to move at 600 SU.

The reason why I asked is because "the idea of such a thing is really unfun anyway" is very wrong in my case. It is very fun =)
But I understand that it's not the same for everyone .That's why it should be in settings and not a default option =)
As long as I fairly paid an infinitely growing cost for it, I don't mind being infinitely overpowered, because I worked for it. That's my personal take.

On the off-note - you even have settings to edit the parameters of exotics. I can change Spooled Feeders to give me billion attack speed for an hour. Which would be boring. But I can't edit max bandwidth to, let's say, 400. Or bandwidth step to 10, for example.
Just feels a bit weird that specifically this two important settings were omitted. =)

mathyou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2022, 04:11:01 PM »

I really enjoy the mod. Thanks for all your work on it. The UI improvements in recent versions have been really awesome.

I agree that it would be really nice to be able to control which level chip gets used. It is annoying to have to store/sell all the higher level ones. As Xzaven said, prioritizing chips in inventory over the box would be a nice QoL improvement. Alternatively, I don't know if you can pop-up a dialog when clicking "use chip" that would show a list of the available ones.

One frustration I have with it is when upgrading engines to try to get to a burn level threshold, the ship configuration screen starts rounding the burn rate up when viewing the ship details, but actual fleet speed seems to floor the burn rate of ships, so I'll often see, e.g., a ship that says it has burn rate 9, but if everything else in my fleet goes 10, I can actually only go speed 8 because it is really like 8.7 or something. I wish the actual burn rate were displayed somewhere to make this more clear, maybe when hovering the hull mod?

Maybe I'm just doing the math wrong or misunderstanding something, but my impression is that level 5 engines should be enough to take a burn 8 ship to burn 9. 8 * 1.15 = 9.2, which should round down to 9, but I still see burn 8 for my fleet. But I actually seem to have to have level 7 engines (8 * 1.21 = 9.68) to get my fleet to go burn 9. Do we actually need to get over 9.5 for it to work or is there something else going on?

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2022, 04:16:56 PM »

I really enjoy the mod. Thanks for all your work on it. The UI improvements in recent versions have been really awesome.

I agree that it would be really nice to be able to control which level chip gets used. It is annoying to have to store/sell all the higher level ones. As Xzaven said, prioritizing chips in inventory over the box would be a nice QoL improvement. Alternatively, I don't know if you can pop-up a dialog when clicking "use chip" that would show a list of the available ones.

One frustration I have with it is when upgrading engines to try to get to a burn level threshold, the ship configuration screen starts rounding the burn rate up when viewing the ship details, but actual fleet speed seems to floor the burn rate of ships, so I'll often see, e.g., a ship that says it has burn rate 9, but if everything else in my fleet goes 10, I can actually only go speed 8 because it is really like 8.7 or something. I wish the actual burn rate were displayed somewhere to make this more clear, maybe when hovering the hull mod?

Maybe I'm just doing the math wrong or misunderstanding something, but my impression is that level 5 engines should be enough to take a burn 8 ship to burn 9. 8 * 1.15 = 9.2, which should round down to 9, but I still see burn 8 for my fleet. But I actually seem to have to have level 7 engines (8 * 1.21 = 9.68) to get my fleet to go burn 9. Do we actually need to get over 9.5 for it to work or is there something else going on?

hey, there's actually a bug where the shop tooltip for Infernal Engines shows a higher buff than intended for burn level. next update i'll be increasing the actual value of that upgrade to match what it currently says it is (30%)

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2022, 08:13:30 PM »

This ship is listed as having an exotic, and indeed is stated as having a Hangar Forge installed when I check the tooltip. However, the Hangar Forge isn't listed in the exotics menu, and as such I can't recover it. As I've seen the Hangar Forge in some other ships' exotics menu, I imagine this isn't intended behaviour

ryujinblade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2022, 12:01:23 PM »

hey president! sorry to pester but this is probably a minor concern, but i run my game at my native resolution which is 3840x2160. and the new ui for the exotica tech stretches vertically off screen top and bottom. cant really post a pic due to file size restrictions. but if you run 4k you should have the same issue. just thought i would mention it, thanks!

adecoy95

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2022, 01:54:28 PM »

im not sure if its intended or not but i dont seem to be able to be getting the bonuses properly on my hubship, i put in an ai core but the reduced ordinance costs did not apply to all sections of the ship (its a ship with multiple peices)

Corelious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2022, 11:19:31 AM »

How do I access these upgrade?  So far I can only find the way to increase my ship's bandwidth but not how to install these modifications.

Corelious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2022, 11:25:06 AM »

How do I access these upgrade?  So far I can only find the way to increase my ship's bandwidth but not how to install these modifications.

Ignore this -  I figured it out.

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2022, 01:22:25 AM »

hi, is the starting bandwidth on ships random?
yesterday I checked my fleet from current game and my first 5x d-mod mule from outa spaca is an ultimate :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26