Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] Exotica Technologies v1.8.5 - updated Jan 21st  (Read 241698 times)

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.0.12 - UI Update
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2022, 02:56:53 PM »

Like the new interface!

Question, I was poking around a bit because I wanted to change the max bandwidth and found  "public static final float MAX_BANDWIDTH" however making changes to this doesn't seem to do anything. Is there another place where I have to change it?

changing it isn't supported unfortunately, until i get a better way of determining random bandwidth going.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2022, 02:57:17 PM »

Anyone having issues spawning IBB fleets (Think that feature is from Nexerelin or Locked and Loaded) since newest update? Have one fleet that pops up when I spawn it (accept mission) game crashes. this mod is only real thing that has changed since last time I spawned this fleet successfully, or last time i spawned an IBB fleet at all really. (IBB is International Bounty Board i believe)

will try this out, thanks for report. sorry!

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2022, 03:09:53 PM »

Anyone having issues spawning IBB fleets (Think that feature is from Nexerelin or Locked and Loaded) since newest update? Have one fleet that pops up when I spawn it (accept mission) game crashes. this mod is only real thing that has changed since last time I spawned this fleet successfully, or last time i spawned an IBB fleet at all really. (IBB is International Bounty Board i believe)

not having any issues on my end, not sure what's going on. releasing an update in a couple minutes, try giving it a shot?

Zironic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.1.3 - UI Update with hotifix!
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2022, 01:37:52 AM »

I like the concept of the new UI but it has a few things that makes it less then ideal. I made a brief google doc to show my thoughts. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NizYvcNdWwOeXYnvJ3ELAXsTnSmZxhE1OCKh6FhvP24/edit?usp=sharing

TheProtagonists

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2022, 07:25:45 AM »

not having any issues on my end, not sure what's going on. releasing an update in a couple minutes, try giving it a shot?

The new update is still freezing the game for me when accepting certain IBBs (The first few ones work fine).
To reproduce the error use console command
Code
SWP_IBBStage 7
to generate the first IBB that have this problem
then go to a bar and find the event, the game hangs when the accept option is clicked on.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2022, 12:04:49 PM »

The new update is still freezing the game for me when accepting certain IBBs (The first few ones work fine).
To reproduce the error use console command
Code
SWP_IBBStage 7
to generate the first IBB that have this problem
then go to a bar and find the event, the game hangs when the accept option is clicked on.

found the bug and fixed it , thank you

ciph

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.1.4 - UI Update with hotifix!
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2022, 01:24:10 AM »

Thanks for the quick fix of ibb bug.

Mod is nice and add a lot of spice in the game.

Is it possible to remove a exotica upgrade if I change my mind after install/upgrade it?

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2022, 01:06:24 PM »

Thanks for the quick fix of ibb bug.

Mod is nice and add a lot of spice in the game.

Is it possible to remove a exotica upgrade if I change my mind after install/upgrade it?

yeah there's options to "recover" it which will remove it from the ship.

Courier_06

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2022, 06:54:03 AM »

Thank you for your great work, I really enjoy the changes this mod brings to my current game.
Would you mind me translate and update your work onto Chinese Starsector forum? I know someone had already asked you for the same thing, but I checked several times in Chinese forum and believe he hasn't done it yet. I have completed the translation and I think it's better to ask you for another permission before I post it.

Besides, I find something strange in the mod and I guess they could be bugs:
1) The negative effects of many upgrades looks like positive ones in the UI. For example, lv10 Welded Armor should make the weapon and engine HP become 0.84x, but it shows 1.16x instead. Everything is correct if checked in the ET hullmod details interface.
2) According to the description, Tracer Recoil Calculator should reduce recoil/inaccuracy/projectile speed, but its real effect is reduce recoil, increase weapon HP, and reduce turret turn rate.
3) Commissioned Crews will increase the supplies to recover by 20% instead of decreasing it. Since the description tells that this upgrade is designed to "shift the logistical constraints of a ship from supplies and fuel to credits", I guess it should reduce the supplies requirement in all the ways, or this is the method to counteract the effect of quicker repair and keep the same total repair supply cost?
4) Phasefield engine is too OP. This is caused by two facts:
    · This modification actually reduces the cooldown of phase coil to nearly zero, which is not mentioned on its description. If you switch on and off the phase quickly enough, it can even prevent reseting the 8 sec countdown.
    · After install this, any ship with hullmod Phase anchor will keep its phase cost to be zero instead of 10% of the maximum flux. This means that any ship with Phase anchor will bypass the penalty of this modification, switch on and off the phase with no extra flux.
As the result, a ship with Phasefield engine and Phase anchor becomes permanetly invincible. I recommend to remove the cooldown reduction, and set the phase cost of ships with Phase anchor to 10% of the maximum flux as well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 06:56:08 AM by Courier_06 »

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2022, 07:25:20 AM »

Thank you for your great work, I really enjoy the changes this mod brings to my current game.
Would you mind me translate and update your work onto Chinese Starsector forum? I know someone had already asked you for the same thing, but I checked several times in Chinese forum and believe he hasn't done it yet. I have completed the translation and I think it's better to ask you for another permission before I post it.

1) The negative effects of many upgrades looks like positive ones in the UI. For example, lv10 Welded Armor should make the weapon and engine HP become 0.84x, but it shows 1.16x instead. Everything is correct if checked in the ET hullmod details interface.
2) According to the description, Tracer Recoil Calculator should reduce recoil/inaccuracy/projectile speed, but its real effect is reduce recoil, increase weapon HP, and reduce turret turn rate.
3) Commissioned Crews will increase the supplies to recover by 20% instead of decreasing it. Since the description tells that this upgrade is designed to "shift the logistical constraints of a ship from supplies and fuel to credits", I guess it should reduce the supplies requirement in all the ways, or this is the method to counteract the effect of quicker repair and keep the same total repair supply cost?
    · This modification actually reduces the cooldown of phase coil to nearly zero, which is not mentioned on its description. If you switch on and off the phase quickly enough, it can even prevent reseting the 8 sec countdown.
    · After install this, any ship with hullmod Phase anchor will keep its phase cost to be zero instead of 10% of the maximum flux. This means that any ship with Phase anchor will bypass the penalty of this modification, switch on and off the phase with no extra flux.
As the result, a ship with Phasefield engine and Phase anchor becomes permanetly invincible. I recommend to remove the cooldown reduction, and set the phase cost of ships with Phase anchor to 10% of the maximum flux as well.

i made all of the strings externally translatable for that person after about a week, then he never got back to me when i told him (in this thread, anyway) that it was done.
i want to DM you with a link to an unreleased version that has some more strings to translate in it. i can point you to exactly what changed.

thanks for the reports, by the way.
i thought i caught all of the UI incorrections, but i guess not.
i updated the Tracer Recoil Calculator to upgrade more stats because there are lots of weapons that do not benefit at all from merely reducing recoil, and the drawback of reducing projectile speed was kind of counter to being more accurate. i'll update the description and send it to you.
the commissioned crews "Supplies to Recover" increase is actually so the upgrade has some kind of drawback. on all except the most efficient ships, commissioned crews will always be a good thing to take without that drawback (and it might still be!)
none of my testers used phase ships so it makes sense that the Phasefield Engine one would slip though.

i will work on these later today, and with your permission send you an updated version of the mod.

Mitroll

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2022, 03:31:57 PM »

The "prototype UI" is too big, the top and bottom get cut off on my screen.

I'm running 4k resolution with 200% UI scaling.

I can't disable UI scaling or the other players I'm playing with via parsec won't be able to read/see various things.

Ty for the mod.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2022, 03:37:41 PM »

The "prototype UI" is too big, the top and bottom get cut off on my screen.

I'm running 4k resolution with 200% UI scaling.

I can't disable UI scaling or the other players I'm playing with via parsec won't be able to read/see various things.

Ty for the mod.

didn't account for UI scaling with the mod. will have to see if i can replicate it somehow.

Courier_06

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2022, 06:16:37 PM »

i made all of the strings externally translatable for that person after about a week, then he never got back to me when i told him (in this thread, anyway) that it was done.
i want to DM you with a link to an unreleased version that has some more strings to translate in it. i can point you to exactly what changed.

thanks for the reports, by the way.
i thought i caught all of the UI incorrections, but i guess not.
i updated the Tracer Recoil Calculator to upgrade more stats because there are lots of weapons that do not benefit at all from merely reducing recoil, and the drawback of reducing projectile speed was kind of counter to being more accurate. i'll update the description and send it to you.
the commissioned crews "Supplies to Recover" increase is actually so the upgrade has some kind of drawback. on all except the most efficient ships, commissioned crews will always be a good thing to take without that drawback (and it might still be!)
none of my testers used phase ships so it makes sense that the Phasefield Engine one would slip though.

i will work on these later today, and with your permission send you an updated version of the mod.

It can't be better if you are willing to send the new release and point out the text changes. You can give me the link by personal message. Thank you very much!

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2022, 06:51:51 PM »

It can't be better if you are willing to send the new release and point out the text changes. You can give me the link by personal message. Thank you very much!

i have pm'd you with a dev release available

Xzaven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.1.5 - UI Update
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2022, 02:10:38 PM »

First of all, thanks for making this mod, and offering new additional ways to specialize ships!

I just have one question/request (maybe i am just too dumb):
Is there no way to choose which level of chip to use instead of the highest level (as the tooltip says)? I had circumvented this by moving only the wanted chips to my inventory. But while the crate has significantly reduced the chips cluttering my inventory, it also made this circumvention more tedious by needing to go through the extra crate inventory window.

If it would prioritize chips in the inventory over ones in the crate that would be a nice way to do it maybe?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:12:35 PM by Xzaven »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26