Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vindicator: made to kill frigates  (Read 2156 times)

Ihave500hats

• Ensign
  • A little slow, but I can do some things.
    • View Profile
Vindicator: made to kill frigates
« on: May 23, 2022, 02:30:26 AM »

The Vindicator is a low-tech ship most people would pass off and say "yeah but I could have an Eradicator." However, it is a ship that fulfills a special role, long-range frigate suppression. With the standard Vindicator, you receive a Gungir cannon and a large missile mount. This variant is great at overloading with its cannon then launching a follow-up swarm of Locust missiles. Its brother, the (S) variant is made to specifically to suppress frigates. With two Gungir cannons and Rapid Ammo Loader, it excels when it has a good officer.

The Builds:

Standard Vindicator & Vindicator (S)
https://imgur.com/a/Tvn7Toc

Recommended Officer Skills: Helmsmanship, Ballistic Mastery (elite if possible), Missile Specialization (for the Standard variant), Gunnery Implants, Ordinance Expertise, Impact Mitigation/Combat Endurance

I'm still a novice at building ships right, so tell me if you think anything could be better.
I like kitbashing ships!

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vindicator: made to kill frigates
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 03:02:13 AM »

I thought you meant Vanguard and was a bit confused reading the post but now I see you're talking about a mod ship. This should probably be in the "Modding" sub-forum then.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Ihave500hats

• Ensign
  • A little slow, but I can do some things.
    • View Profile
Re: Vindicator: made to kill frigates
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 03:47:19 AM »

Oh shoot. I didn't realize I posted this here. I would be grateful if this was moved my a Moderator or some such upper power, apologies for posting this in general.
I like kitbashing ships!