Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do player colonies count towards the "isolation from other colonies" stat?  (Read 1947 times)

Pie Guy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey all. I'm going through the phase of "COLONIZE COLONIZE COLONIZE" in the game, and I was wondering if player-made colonies change the calculation for accessibility related to "isolation from other colonies?" If I build multiple colonies right next to eachother, will their accessibility be increased due to the fact that they aren't technically isolated from other colonies? Or is the calculation only performed in a radius around the core worlds?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

For what it is worth, if all of the core worlds are destroyed, then the radius is around your colonies instead of the core worlds.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey all. I'm going through the phase of "COLONIZE COLONIZE COLONIZE" in the game, and I was wondering if player-made colonies change the calculation for accessibility related to "isolation from other colonies?" If I build multiple colonies right next to eachother, will their accessibility be increased due to the fact that they aren't technically isolated from other colonies? Or is the calculation only performed in a radius around the core worlds?

I don't think so, since your colonies have an accessability bonus when considering eachother.  It's usually something like double the normal accessability.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Tested 2 colonies in dev mode at the corner of the sector. First one had 10% penalty. Added second one - both still had 10% penalty.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I've just kinda assumed it was distance to the averaged coordinate of all colonies. So unless you have a ton of colonies all in one corner and/or number of core worlds is severely reduced, you won't notice much difference. Anyone tried testing with 10 player colonies in one corner and 10 core worlds left?

Squash-Inc.

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've just kinda assumed it was distance to the averaged coordinate of all colonies. So unless you have a ton of colonies all in one corner and/or number of core worlds is severely reduced, you won't notice much difference. Anyone tried testing with 10 player colonies in one corner and 10 core worlds left?
I have around 8 colonies that all provide resources for each other and my accessibility is through the roof. I'm around 22 light years away from the nearest core world and am self-sufficient in all ways. I believe if you set up enough colonies in one area, you'll have less of a "distance from other colonies" debuff.