Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: [0.97a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.5 "Bloatening"  (Read 136157 times)

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.3
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2023, 03:25:35 PM »

Eh, i'm not about to even try aiming them at frigates or destroyers, i'm flying a dreadnought not a carousel. Thing is they often don't even fire since you can only control them indirectly, and even many capitals are to slim to train both guns on reliably. From a weapon design perspective, it'd make more sense if their firing arcs converge somewhere in front of the ship too (probably around 1000 units give or take), particularly with how armour works. Especially on bricks like Low Tech stations and caps, you want to hit the same spot repeatedly, not make two holes. Angling them just the tiniest bit inward and giving them a few degrees of variation would help tremendously with this.
That should still make it possible for a Wolf to park right in front of the bow spike to collect its daily dose of Chaneilgin Apples.

I find the way the Onslaught's TPCs are installed silly for the same reason. This just isn't how you'd design a weapon's firing arc unless you have no choice.

Yeah, since they're on modules direct control is typically out of the question. I'll look into giving them a small firing arc to help with it a bit. Thank you for the input!

Nixzilla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2023, 06:33:22 PM »

Is the Super Dreadnaught used as a base pilotable? I thought I needed to kill it to get it and spent days figuring out the best way to kill it XD.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2023, 01:34:06 AM »

It's considered a station, so nope, not pilotable.

Nixzilla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2023, 01:15:50 PM »

Darn!

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2023, 08:47:35 PM »

Well, you could pilot it... and spend the whole battle sitting around in the middle of the battlefield, unable to move. I'm not sure that's all that interesting.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2023, 05:06:41 PM »

I plan on remaking and reworking it entirely, which will make it pilotable in the future. No guarantees at it being anytime soon though hahaha.

Nixzilla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2023, 01:36:25 PM »

I hope its as good as the Holy Rammer dreadnaught with the horns and the flamethrower! That thing solos the game XD 2mill is a steal for basicaly a warhammer 40k ship.

marcven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2024, 12:23:08 PM »

the game crash beacuse of you mod is tell me Fatal :ship hull spec ( daiche _armor _path ) not found

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2024, 02:55:34 PM »

the game crash beacuse of you mod is tell me Fatal :ship hull spec ( daiche _armor _path ) not found

Were you trying to apply an update to a very old save? The daiche armor module hasn't been a thing for a very long time, so that's the only thing I can think of.

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2024, 10:16:38 AM »

Dreadnaught with switchable built-ins aka Chatar with Chaneilgin arty crashes me on its shot, immediately, gives sound, as an intro to desktop  ;D
Other weapon options of it are fine.

Code
27518522 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain java.lang.RuntimeException: Texture [trails_trail_smooth] from category [fx] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Texture [trails_trail_smooth] from category [fx] not found
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getSprite(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.weapons.bt_artillery_onfire2.advance(bt_artillery_onfire2.java:699)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.oOOO.J.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.fire(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 01:37:53 PM by Kulverstukass »
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!

Outlaw3025

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2024, 10:31:25 PM »

Hey Pogre, I have had this mod sitting in my inactive list for quite a while and finally got around to trying it out. All I have to say is thos is officially my new favorite low tech faction to play with. Really look forward to seeing what new stuff you add I the future.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2024, 03:15:12 PM »

Hey Pogre, I have had this mod sitting in my inactive list for quite a while and finally got around to trying it out. All I have to say is thos is officially my new favorite low tech faction to play with. Really look forward to seeing what new stuff you add I the future.

Glad you enjoy it! I'll update soon, I've just been doing some beta/trial runs on the unofficial discord.

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2024, 03:10:37 AM »

Heya, I really like the visuals of the mods, but I'm not having much luck with using the ships. Well, the friendly AI using ships. I was doing Wolfpack run, so only frigates and destroyers, and well, they kept dying to really weak enemies. Any advice on using these ships?

ZloEvilRewoot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2024, 03:47:34 PM »

Looking cool. Looking great. Luddm of course, not really impressed, but thats not a message i want to deliver.
Huge.
Unbalanced.
Too massive to exist.
Foolishly given into hands of a player.
Redemption.
Pure power.
Pure fun.
Just wanted to say, that you tingled really hard my need for bigger ships. And ramming with them.
Hope that Redemption gonna be reworked in a good way, still too unbalanced, but more fun!
Thank you.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2024, 07:05:29 PM »

Heya, I really like the visuals of the mods, but I'm not having much luck with using the ships. Well, the friendly AI using ships. I was doing Wolfpack run, so only frigates and destroyers, and well, they kept dying to really weak enemies. Any advice on using these ships?

They are somehwhat finnicky if you're not using the most mobile ones. SO builds will likely work pretty well with them though!

Looking cool. Looking great. Luddm of course, not really impressed, but thats not a message i want to deliver.
Huge.
Unbalanced.
Too massive to exist.
Foolishly given into hands of a player.
Redemption.
Pure power.
Pure fun.
Just wanted to say, that you tingled really hard my need for bigger ships. And ramming with them.
Hope that Redemption gonna be reworked in a good way, still too unbalanced, but more fun!
Thank you.

Glad you're having fun! In the beta, I did entirely replace the redemption with a different ship-- The judgement. It's a glass cannon supercap, if that makes sense. I may still put the redemption somewhere else, as a boss battle of sorts in the future though!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11