Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: [0.97a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.5 "Bloatening"  (Read 136346 times)

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.3
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2023, 12:54:23 AM »

Super good mod and it'll be better with Commisioned crew.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2023, 05:47:00 PM »

Super good mod and it'll be better with Commisioned crew.

Thank you for the kind words! Apologies for not updating in awhile, but I do have big things in the works!

MnHebi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2023, 12:16:10 AM »

Hopefully one of those things is Ambassador for IndEvo?  ;)

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2023, 07:54:26 PM »

Hopefully one of those things is Ambassador for IndEvo?  ;)

Unfortunately, it's not on my to-do list for now. Maybe in the future!

Eidos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2023, 10:50:59 AM »

The ships are very good. Please do not nerf the supercapitals speed, slow capitals (other than the Paragon) are useless. Regarding balance, I do not find supercapitals to be overly strong. They can be swarmed and eliminated by a good fleet as any other vanilla/modded capital ships.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2023, 06:43:27 PM »

The ships are very good. Please do not nerf the supercapitals speed, slow capitals (other than the Paragon) are useless. Regarding balance, I do not find supercapitals to be overly strong. They can be swarmed and eliminated by a good fleet as any other vanilla/modded capital ships.

I don't plan on messing with the speed of them, but I've done balance passes. The redemption however is getting a full replacement. Glad you're enjoying the ships!

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2023, 06:47:23 PM »

This is actually one of the most enjoyable mods. Always active on my side.

Daisuke360

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2023, 02:07:16 PM »

Crashes game on boot, not sure why. Using a lot of other mods so when I find the time I'll try to disable mods to see what causes it, in the meanwhile, here's the error:

28914 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.N.setProjectileSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpecLoader.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Only crashes when I enable this mod, works fine with all my other mods

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2023, 04:41:26 PM »

Crashes game on boot, not sure why. Using a lot of other mods so when I find the time I'll try to disable mods to see what causes it, in the meanwhile, here's the error:

28914 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException

Hey. Apologies, but I'm unable to recreate this crash, nor have I encountered a similar one anywhere else. You may need to try uninstalling and reinstalling it, or it may just be a unknown conflict with the many other mods you say you have active.

Daisuke360

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2023, 09:22:58 AM »

Hey. Apologies, but I'm unable to recreate this crash, nor have I encountered a similar one anywhere else. You may need to try uninstalling and reinstalling it, or it may just be a unknown conflict with the many other mods you say you have active.

Yup, works now with a fresh install of the mod, thanks <3

I had the crashing last night in my time and didn't have time to try to fix it cuz I had work today, but a fresh installation of the mod and it now doesn't crash

For reference, the other one that didn't work crashed even with just it and the requirements enabled.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2023, 08:28:57 PM »

I think this error comes from NEX.
The Dev said that this error can be fixed by either reinstalling or using old hotfix data.

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2023, 09:05:12 AM »

I like this mod overall, but i have some minor annoyances with the Sathar. One being that the two fixed forward guns are both pointing straight forward exclusively and are spaced far enough apart that you pretty much can't hit anything smaller than a space station with both (and i know more than a few cruisers that could run down the middle), which mostly leads to them rarely actually shooting, and the other being the orientation of the shields on the modules. While you can install makeshift generators, they're basically completely worthless. Personally, i'd suggest just blocking them like you did for many other hullmods. I've made enough Cathedral fortresses to know how that can end.

lifeblood1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.2
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2023, 02:15:10 AM »

All in all, great visuals and ships(very vanilla friendly) for a mod pack but held back(or improved depending on how you like to play) by strong if not outright overpowered ships and weapons.

I do appreciate feedback, but a lot of this is just downright wrong. Apologies if that comes off harsh.

The unsgaith is a LRM, which is why it has longer range, and it's weak if it's not massed with other ships, and also weak if used against targets smaller than a cruiser, as it often times misses when it splits. The one thing I agree with is the split range, which I will be changing to happen closer to the ship, so that it can more easily be shot down. Otherwise I've not gotten any serious complaints about the weapon being overtuned. I will however reduce the ammo slightly, in the coming patch.

The Fregairt cannot consistently take on the paragon on it's own, and simply doesn't bring as much value as the paragon does as an anchor. The DP could stand to be lower, even, from other feedback I've received. The Daiche isn't a cruiser, it's a cheaper, slower capital ship. The legion has more bays, and more firepower than the Daiche has, and it doesn't really hold it's own in capital to capital combat. That is why it's relatively cheap at 36 DP. There is absolutely no way I'm increasing any of the ship's DP by 2x. That is ridiculous. They all also have similar flux profiles to vanilla low tech, but I will be keeping a close eye on them.

The logistic part is to lean into the low tech, low maintenance scheme of things. You'll notice that the more advanced ships with fancier systems do not carry the hullmod. Only the oldest and most rugged get benefits from it, to encourage bringing the comparatively simpler ships along. This bonus also does not apply to the production or deployment of the ships, only their supply upkeep.

I'm glad that you enjoy the mod, but in the current state it's not as wildly overpowered as you claim it to be.

Hi again, sorry if I seem came off a bit too hostile/critical. As for stuff being "overpowered", like I said before, it can be seen as a positive for someone who is looking for ships that are stronger then vanilla ships to fight against the other "OP" ships of other mods. I just want to clarify again that I prefer mods that are close to vanilla balancing/aesthetics, that is why I mention "held back from being great" for me personally. That might not be what your vision for your mod and that perfectly fine. You're also actively balancing the mod and that's great.

It is a very good mod -one of the best on the forum- and thank you again for your contribution to our little community.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2023, 02:27:50 PM »

I like this mod overall, but i have some minor annoyances with the Sathar. One being that the two fixed forward guns are both pointing straight forward exclusively and are spaced far enough apart that you pretty much can't hit anything smaller than a space station with both (and i know more than a few cruisers that could run down the middle), which mostly leads to them rarely actually shooting, and the other being the orientation of the shields on the modules. While you can install makeshift generators, they're basically completely worthless. Personally, i'd suggest just blocking them like you did for many other hullmods. I've made enough Cathedral fortresses to know how that can end.

Glad you like the mod! The Sathar's frontal guns are mainly for direct capital or station combat, so they arn't really intended to hit smaller ships all the time. I'll look into blocking the makeshift shields hullmod on the modules in the future, thank you for letting me know.

Hi again, sorry if I seem came off a bit too hostile/critical. As for stuff being "overpowered", like I said before, it can be seen as a positive for someone who is looking for ships that are stronger then vanilla ships to fight against the other "OP" ships of other mods. I just want to clarify again that I prefer mods that are close to vanilla balancing/aesthetics, that is why I mention "held back from being great" for me personally. That might not be what your vision for your mod and that perfectly fine. You're also actively balancing the mod and that's great.

It is a very good mod -one of the best on the forum- and thank you again for your contribution to our little community.

It's no worries at all. I'm still working on fine tuning the balance for many weapons and ships while still adding more. Sorry for the big delay on this latest update, haha. Lots of goodies coming though!

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2023, 11:44:04 AM »

Glad you like the mod! The Sathar's frontal guns are mainly for direct capital or station combat, so they arn't really intended to hit smaller ships all the time. I'll look into blocking the makeshift shields hullmod on the modules in the future, thank you for letting me know.
Eh, i'm not about to even try aiming them at frigates or destroyers, i'm flying a dreadnought not a carousel. Thing is they often don't even fire since you can only control them indirectly, and even many capitals are to slim to train both guns on reliably. From a weapon design perspective, it'd make more sense if their firing arcs converge somewhere in front of the ship too (probably around 1000 units give or take), particularly with how armour works. Especially on bricks like Low Tech stations and caps, you want to hit the same spot repeatedly, not make two holes. Angling them just the tiniest bit inward and giving them a few degrees of variation would help tremendously with this.
That should still make it possible for a Wolf to park right in front of the bow spike to collect its daily dose of Chaneilgin Apples.

I find the way the Onslaught's TPCs are installed silly for the same reason. This just isn't how you'd design a weapon's firing arc unless you have no choice.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11