Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.97a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.5 "Bloatening"  (Read 136348 times)

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.3
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2023, 06:37:14 PM »

These are some of my favorite ships, the sprites are beautiful and the ships are fun to use.  Thank you!

I'm flattered! Thank you for the kind words.

Making the Bultach system compatible with Industrial Evolution could be nice. I really wanted to get a Bultach ambassador in my playthrough, but it's not integrated from what I can tell.

Love the mod though!

I'll look into making it compatible, I never really messed with the ambassador system myself so it never really came up on my radar.

S_Eusebio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2023, 06:51:49 AM »

Hi! First of all I'd like to say that the ships sprites of this mod looks fantastic. So good job! I really dig the aesthetics a lot.

Second of all, I was trying to install the mod but when I try to enable the mod, it says that it requires GraphicsLib other than LazyLib and MagicLib. So, maybe you could update the mod requirements in the first page of this thread and add GraphicsLib under LazyLib and MagicLib when you have the time.

Also, and that is a more a personal request, you could add a "Commissioned Crews" bonus for the Bultach Coalition (I don't think this faction already has one, right?).

Thank you for your hard work on bringing this mod to life!
I'm looking forward the future updates!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 06:54:16 AM by S_Eusebio »

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2023, 06:13:35 PM »

Hi! First of all I'd like to say that the ships sprites of this mod looks fantastic. So good job! I really dig the aesthetics a lot.

Second of all, I was trying to install the mod but when I try to enable the mod, it says that it requires GraphicsLib other than LazyLib and MagicLib. So, maybe you could update the mod requirements in the first page of this thread and add GraphicsLib under LazyLib and MagicLib when you have the time.

Also, and that is a more a personal request, you could add a "Commissioned Crews" bonus for the Bultach Coalition (I don't think this faction already has one, right?).

Thank you for your hard work on bringing this mod to life!
I'm looking forward the future updates!

I appreciate the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

I've added the requirement for GraphicsLib, thank you. However, I don't really have plans to make Commissioned Crews compatibility any time soon. Sorry to disappoint.

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2023, 05:27:20 PM »

Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this mod, great work.

raco12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2023, 06:53:57 AM »

The ships, the factions, this mod is a must be in any starsector game!

That said, I wanted to ask a question. I was testing the BC Biggest ship, the SuperCapital and doing so, the ship althought funtional, it wont move at all, like the engine thrusters dont work, even when I do simulations screen vs this ship, the ship will defend itself but it wont move, almost like a static station. It wont even turn or try it at least.

Its this a bug? or its myself having a mod conflict or someting.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2023, 04:12:16 PM »

The ships, the factions, this mod is a must be in any starsector game!

That said, I wanted to ask a question. I was testing the BC Biggest ship, the SuperCapital and doing so, the ship althought funtional, it wont move at all, like the engine thrusters dont work, even when I do simulations screen vs this ship, the ship will defend itself but it wont move, almost like a static station. It wont even turn or try it at least.

Its this a bug? or its myself having a mod conflict or someting.

Not a bug, unfortunately. The ship is literally a station, and the station AI doesn't allow it to move no matter what. I've been trying to figure out how to change or circumvent this, but no luck yet. Apologies!

TauCetiRedGuard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2023, 04:27:00 PM »

Not a bug, unfortunately. The ship is literally a station, and the station AI doesn't allow it to move no matter what. I've been trying to figure out how to change or circumvent this, but no luck yet. Apologies!
Maybe consider asking the Legacy of Arkngneisis dev Gwyvern? His mod has a mobile station called Angaria which moves in combat.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2023, 03:15:46 PM »

Maybe consider asking the Legacy of Arkngneisis dev Gwyvern? His mod has a mobile station called Angaria which moves in combat.

That's actually where I pulled the current scripts for how it works, with permission. I'm honestly clueless on what actually allows the anargaia to still act as a ship in combat that I'm missing.

raco12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2023, 09:54:38 PM »

That's actually where I pulled the current scripts for how it works, with permission. I'm honestly clueless on what actually allows the anargaia to still act as a ship in combat that I'm missing.

Why no ask UAF Mod Dev, they have huge capitals that can serve as example for BC super capital movement.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2023, 02:09:38 PM »

Why no ask UAF Mod Dev, they have huge capitals that can serve as example for BC super capital movement.

Because I already know how to make supercapitals that move regularly. The problem comes from station AI, as this this supercap in particular acts as a station for a colony. UAF does not do this.

jvaler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2023, 02:08:00 AM »

The Bultach blueprint pack seems to drop very frequently, I've found it 3 times after having only explored 2 dozen systems. Not that I'm complaining (effectively infinite blueprint points at prism freeport feels great), but that seems a bit powerful given it's worth 500k credits
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 08:10:14 PM by jvaler »

TCA_ChinChin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2023, 12:08:11 PM »

Love to see you're updates and continued work on this mod. The quality of the ships, weapons, and philosophy behind the faction feel great. I do have some minor gripes about balance however, with regard to the Offensive Overdrive system and the ships they are equipped on. The ships themselves are mostly well themed and balanced, but with the addition of the ship system, it moves some of them into absurd territory. The speed boost given turn them from being good ships to monsters that have the stats of their own tier of ship but with the speed of a whole smaller tier. It turns the ships into cruisers with destroyer/frigate speed or destroyers that are faster than any ship including frigates. I understand the theme of the ship system is to provide offensive capability to fragile ships, but most often, it makes them the most tanky in practice since they are able to go, engage, and then boost out of the fight for free taking no damage. The cooldown seems to be quite low as well. Looking at it from another perspective, its like a free unstable injector, but without range penalties and more (combat) benefits. Fighting against them when you're already equiped with a decent fleet isn't much of a problem since there are various ways to still counter them a bit like missiles and fighters, but in the early game, when my fleet is just a couple of frigates and/or destroyers, the balance becomes a lot bigger of a problem. Compared to the other ships from the Bultach, they seem like an outlier balance-wise. I understand creating a very offensively focused theme, but was this increased survivability the goal with this ship system? A suggestion would be to move/reduce the speed buff to another combat aspect (like flux) or to reduce the already super quick speeds of the ships they are attached to. Increasing the cooldown could be another suggestion.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2023, 07:14:28 PM »

Love to see you're updates and continued work on this mod. The quality of the ships, weapons, and philosophy behind the faction feel great. I do have some minor gripes about balance however, with regard to the Offensive Overdrive system and the ships they are equipped on. The ships themselves are mostly well themed and balanced, but with the addition of the ship system, it moves some of them into absurd territory. The speed boost given turn them from being good ships to monsters that have the stats of their own tier of ship but with the speed of a whole smaller tier. It turns the ships into cruisers with destroyer/frigate speed or destroyers that are faster than any ship including frigates. I understand the theme of the ship system is to provide offensive capability to fragile ships, but most often, it makes them the most tanky in practice since they are able to go, engage, and then boost out of the fight for free taking no damage. The cooldown seems to be quite low as well. Looking at it from another perspective, its like a free unstable injector, but without range penalties and more (combat) benefits. Fighting against them when you're already equiped with a decent fleet isn't much of a problem since there are various ways to still counter them a bit like missiles and fighters, but in the early game, when my fleet is just a couple of frigates and/or destroyers, the balance becomes a lot bigger of a problem. Compared to the other ships from the Bultach, they seem like an outlier balance-wise. I understand creating a very offensively focused theme, but was this increased survivability the goal with this ship system? A suggestion would be to move/reduce the speed buff to another combat aspect (like flux) or to reduce the already super quick speeds of the ships they are attached to. Increasing the cooldown could be another suggestion.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! I could definitely look into tweaking offensive overdrive a bit more. Probably the cooldown first and foremost, but otherwise the ships are made comparatively fragile to the rest of the faction roster.

shinden1974

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2023, 06:07:12 PM »

Damn....I love this mod. The ships are amazing, and I love watching my ships fly in out of nowhere and slam in to enemies...or even me!

I missed it, but the fact that this was originally an Ork faction, my favorite Warhammer race, makes it all the sweeter. I hope you continue to build on and expand the mod

Thank you

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2023, 01:44:50 PM »

Great Mod!
Please consider making this mod compatible with the Version checker that built into Nexerelin.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11