Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: [0.97a] Carter's Freetraders - V 2.1 - 04/04/24  (Read 183497 times)

baboracus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 1.0 - 11/14/22
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2022, 10:56:54 AM »

im having difficulty unpacking the .rar file that is linked to in the OP. keep getting "cannot open file as archive." errors. i am using 7zip.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 1.0 - 11/14/22
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2022, 03:07:17 PM »

Hmm that is odd, 7zip should have an issue with standard RAR files. I just downloaded the file an unpacked it successively. I'll try to help as best as I can, as a first step I would recommended you re-download to ensure the file did not become corrupted and try unpacking with 7zip again. If that does not work then try another unpacker like WinRAR.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

v1.1 out today - NOT save compatible - New game required due to removed content

Fixed some mistakes from older versions, did some sprite cleanup, nerfed the Sledge based on discord "feedback" :) But core to the update is that all but two of the hull mods have been moved to a separate mod - Carter's Junk Hull Mods - the link to which can be found in my forum signature. I state my reasons for this change there so if you would like to know why I made this move look there.

Changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR has all the details

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile

When I add this mod and try to run the game I get this error message. It's complaining about another mod, Starship Legends, but that one has been running fine until I tried to add this one in.

monopoly multiplayer unblocked

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

That is odd, I have been running Starship legends since before I started making mods, it is an awesome addition to the game. I noticed they released a new update today but I have not installed it yet. Is this happening with the 2.2.1 update released today?

Noobishnoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, just wanna mention the basilisk description is missing but when i checked your strings description excel it has content, it just doesnt show ingame?

always wondered how the strings worked?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi, just wanna mention the basilisk description is missing but when i checked your strings description excel it has content, it just doesnt show ingame?

always wondered how the strings worked?
Hello there, thank you for the heads up. TBH, the current descriptions were just meant to be place holders that I left in for far too long. I am currently working on an update with KMS that includes all new descriptions that are lore friendly. We have 2/3 of the ships done and I have some code to update but I should have it out by the weekend if all goes to plan. I will look over the weapon descriptions and see where I can make improvements as well for that update.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 1.2 - 01/30/23
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2023, 08:44:33 AM »

v1.2 released today - Save Compatible with v 1.1 - Note: you may need to rearm any CFT ships in your fleet that have been adjusted

New lore friendly ship descriptions thanks to KMS who kindly wrote them, a new fast corvette, fixed some errors, a new line of HE energy based mining weapons, prettied up the Barkentine and Pinnacle (see below) and added 20 new portraits all in CFT white and red. The forum OP images have been updated with the new changed sprites and added a spoiler link that shows the new portraits. Sorry I am a day later than anticipated but I do hope you enjoy the changes/additions.

Changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR has all the details.
As always I am thankful to the kind players who help me fine tune my mods with special thanks this update to KMS, Noobishnoob and Severian Void.

Old versions on the left, updated sprites on the right

Klize1917

• Ensign
  • I love Bing Chilling
    • View Profile
    • Chinese Forum Personal Page
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2023, 05:45:01 AM »

One side of schooner's engine is MIDLINE while the other is LOW_TECH, i guess that's a problem?

[attachment deleted by admin]
When my friends ask me what I'm playing, I say I'm playing excel and notepad, sometimes java.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2023, 07:30:17 AM »

One side of schooner's engine is MIDLINE while the other is LOW_TECH, i guess that's a problem?
HI there, thanks for the input. I remember doing that on purpose when I designed ships that used assets from both low-tech and midline ships when I kit bashed them. It was an aesthetic choice I used with JYD since their ships are kind of junky/bashed up but now that you point it out, it does not make much sense for CFT.  I am working on a small update for CJHM and then a deep dive on Hiver over the weekend but I am sure I can fit a small CFT update between them. I'll go through all the ships in CFT like that and set them proper on both sides and have a update by Friday(?).

Thanks for the comment, I sort of forgot I did that when I designed the ships last year. :)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 1.2.1 - Fixing the oopsies - 02/02/23
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2023, 12:14:06 PM »

V1.2.1 released today - Just a quick little fix - Save Compatible with v 1.2

Set all the CFT ships to use midline engine exhaust and adjusted some boundary lines.

Changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR has the details.

Rambo615

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2023, 05:15:23 PM »

Just wanted to say that it's a great mod, really loving the ships, it really suits my style of playing  which  is usually  trade heavy  at the  beginning.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2023, 05:48:26 PM »

Just wanted to say that it's a great mod, really loving the ships, it really suits my style of playing  which  is usually  trade heavy  at the  beginning.
That is so nice to hear thank you for taking the time to let me know. I am working on an update that adds a new ship that should come out by Friday so look for it and let me know your thoughts :)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 1.3 - Lore and more! - 02/17/23
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2023, 02:29:17 PM »

V1.3 out today and it's a doizie - Will work with v1.2.1 saves but many of the changes require a new game to take effect but as a nice consolation I wrote a faction description to show when you choose a CFT start :)  (see log notes for details)

- Fleshed out the CFT lore in descriptions
    - Added a new CFT smuggling bar event
    - A new ship and mining drone (added both to the ship image on the forum OP, take a peek)
    - A new ship system
    - A re-work of the combat engineer hull mod and a fleet of ships with a common identity for them
    - Too many code changes to list here so see the changelog on the forum OP or in the RAR for details

This update was a group effort with several thank you notes in the changelog. I would like to highlight the efforts of KMS for all the help in writing CFT lore correct descriptions for all ships and Timid for helping with numerous code changes/additions and overall being a nice and helpful person. I hope you enjoy this update and I am always open to more suggestions so please keep them coming.

PipMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 1.3 - Lore and more! - 02/17/23
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2023, 02:32:05 AM »

I'm absolutely loving this mod, the mixture of sleek midline ships combined with rugged, low-tech salvage and mining vessels is perfect. The asymmetrical weapon mounts on some ships are a little odd at first, but give you a great deal of tactical flexibility. Can't wait to see more, this is definitely going in my 'always on' modlist!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22