Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: [0.96a] Experimental Hull Modifications 0.8.6a  (Read 67559 times)

EsotericaFerret

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Experimental Hull Modifications 0.8.6a
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2023, 02:38:31 AM »

I feel like I'm being real dumb here and/or am having some sort of mod conflict, but it won't let me build in any of the experimental mods? I'm not sure what's going on here. Any information is helpful. I did see something about Progressive S-Mods, which I think I have, but I'm not sure if that's the reason?

Edit: I'm just dumb. Please disregard.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 02:58:07 AM by EsotericaFerret »

rawkhawklives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2023, 10:37:40 AM »

Tiny update for 0.8.6:
- Changed engine cosmetic mods to apply the campaign engine changes immediately on install and/or when settings are saved

Engine cosmetics required a save/load to get applied in the campaign layer properly. With 0.8.6, the need to reload was eliminated, but they still required a reinstall in some cases like customizing the said cosmetic mods. Finally with 0.8.6a, the need to reinstall the cosmetic mod is also eliminated; any changes will be reflected in the campaign immediately.

By god, they can't be stopped.

Desregaurd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2023, 12:24:15 AM »

Is there a way to make it so that the AI uses some of the experimental activated systems like Temporal Shell as often as possible whenever it's available? It seems like it will currently only use it if an enemy ship comes too close.

Reverse deployment doesn't have the same issue, the AI will always use it the second it's available.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 12:28:32 AM by Desregaurd »

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2023, 03:31:20 AM »

By god, they can't be stopped.

Muhahahaha!

Is there a way to make it so that the AI uses some of the experimental activated systems like Temporal Shell as often as possible whenever it's available? It seems like it will currently only use it if an enemy ship comes too close.

Reverse deployment doesn't have the same issue, the AI will always use it the second it's available.

I will take a look when I'm going over all of the system retrofits, but I don't think I can adjust it. The only thing I'm doing is changing the hull spec's system; ship will utilize it depending on the system's own AI parameters. Even if I can adjust it, it may have unforeseen ramifications. Anyway, I'll take a look as I've said =)

Desregaurd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2023, 10:06:38 PM »

Ah, alright. I thought you had made your own versions of those hullmods, but if that's not the case then my request could screw with Temporal Shell for every ship that has it, whether or not it was added from this mod.

I think there's another mod that allows you to set ship behaviors in combat through hullmods, like forcing ships to vent at high flux. Maybe it'd be simpler to approach this from that side, since I'm pretty much asking for a ship to always use an Activateable System whenever it's available.

Dredger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2023, 09:38:01 AM »

Having tonnes of fun with the agency this mod gives in ship design. Great work!
I am getting a crash though while loading a save after salvaging and modifying Matriarch from Imperium.
Spoiler
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [CS_AS_WS0005RSM] not found on hull [ii_matriarch_default_D]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [CS_AS_WS0005RSM] not found on hull [ii_matriarch_default_D]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderSingle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Progressive S-Mods was in modlist and the ship had a D-mod if it helps.

bilbois

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2023, 09:21:04 PM »

why cant i stuff my converters on top of my adapters that would be sick is it because balancing issue or coding issue that cause crash or some sort

XyttheElite117

• Ensign
  • Halo fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2023, 02:14:25 AM »

So I might want to report a small bug here.

There are certain mods out there that has ships and hullmods in them that costs 0 OP. For example, the Mayasuran Navy adds the Skysplitter (M) variant ship to the game. It has two 0 OP hullmods that can change the ship's system, and the ship's built-in weapon, like a railgun or a pulse laser gatling gun. When I apply the Experimental Hull Modifications hullmod on that ship, one of the Skysplitter's hullmods disappears forever, but this is only the case when I apply an autofit to the Skysplitter with the EHM hullmod installed
Wort wort wort

ryujinblade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2023, 11:48:20 AM »

hey lyravega, hey is this mod meant to only allow one mod of certain types? as at the moment i can only install one exp mod at this time, is there some notes i missed somewhere or am i just bad at the game? love your mod!

oh! also was wondering if it is possible for a hullmod request? apex design collective mod has a built in hullmod for one of their cruiser class carrier craft called expanded wings, basically doubles the amount of craft per wing, is that something that could get added? im a huge huge sucker for carriers, nothing comes close for me haha, hopefully im not nagging.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 11:59:16 AM by ryujinblade »

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2023, 01:21:49 PM »

I am getting a crash though while loading a save after salvaging and modifying Matriarch from Imperium.
Spoiler
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [CS_AS_WS0005RSM] not found on hull [ii_matriarch_default_D]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [CS_AS_WS0005RSM] not found on hull [ii_matriarch_default_D]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderSingle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.render(Unknown Source)
[close]

Yeah, it's something I did wrong while updating stuff underneath. You need to use Discord WIP version and enable a debug option that allows you to load. Adapted slots aren't meant to be converted. https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/1115980328415268884/1171483227375018057

why cant i stuff my converters on top of my adapters that would be sick is it because balancing issue or coding issue that cause crash or some sort
Kinda "balance" (tm) issue. Gotta stop somewhere :d

hey lyravega, hey is this mod meant to only allow one mod of certain types? as at the moment i can only install one exp mod at this time, is there some notes i missed somewhere or am i just bad at the game? love your mod!

oh! also was wondering if it is possible for a hullmod request? apex design collective mod has a built in hullmod for one of their cruiser class carrier craft called expanded wings, basically doubles the amount of craft per wing, is that something that could get added? im a huge huge sucker for carriers, nothing comes close for me haha, hopefully im not nagging.

Considering I add launch tubes, such a hullmod would be way overkill I think. I'll investigate when I'm able though. As for the other thing, one mod of certain types; only one shield/engine cosmetic, shield retrofit and mass weapon retrofit.

There are certain mods out there that has ships and hullmods in them that costs 0 OP. For example, the Mayasuran Navy adds the Skysplitter (M) variant ship to the game. It has two 0 OP hullmods that can change the ship's system, and the ship's built-in weapon, like a railgun or a pulse laser gatling gun. When I apply the Experimental Hull Modifications hullmod on that ship, one of the Skysplitter's hullmods disappears forever, but this is only the case when I apply an autofit to the Skysplitter with the EHM hullmod installed

That kinda sounds like those hullmods change the hull spec. Not compatible with those ships in that case. Aside from that, I'll take a look.

PS: I'm 99% more active on Discord. I just come here to drop new versions and read stuff once per month or something. If urgent, contact me on Discord.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 10:57:06 AM by lyravega »

ryujinblade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2023, 03:49:33 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah, it's something I did wrong while updating stuff underneath. You need to use Discord WIP version and enable a debug option that allows you to load. Adapted slots aren't meant to be converted. https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/1115980328415268884/1171483227375018057

Kinda "balance" (tm) issue. Gotta stop somewhere :d

Considering I add launch tubes, such a hullmod would be way overkill I think. I'll investigate when I'm able though. As for the other thing, one mod of certain types; only one shield/engine cosmetic, shield retrofit and mass weapon retrofit.

That kinda sounds like those hullmods change the hull spec. Not compatible with those ships in that case. Aside from that, I'll take a look.

PS: I'm 99% more active on Discord. I just come here to drop new versions and read stuff once per month or something. If urgent, contact me on Discord.

thats fair. took a minute to figure out how to ge the launch tubes to work, didnt realize they straight up became a weapon slot haha, thats pretty unique and awesome

steve1592

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2024, 06:55:18 PM »

So I changed the version in the json to .97a but when I hover over experimental hullmods when refitting a prometheus I get this error/crash:

Code
2517551 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'java.awt.Color com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getStoryDarkBrigherColor()'
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'java.awt.Color com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getStoryDarkBrigherColor()'
at experimentalHullModifications.misc.ehm_tooltip$header.<clinit>(ehm_tooltip.java:72) ~[?:?]
at experimentalHullModifications.hullmods.ehm.ehm_base.addPostDescriptionSection(ehm_base.java:96) ~[?:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$12.createImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.showTooltip(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.super.new(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.processInput(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.processInput(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o000.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o000.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o000.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.ModPickerDialogV3.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.L.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[port.common_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1575) [?:?]

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2024, 11:25:00 PM »

Well, yes. EHM is pretty solidly expecting specific game versions.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

XyttheElite117

• Ensign
  • Halo fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 29, 2024, 02:36:50 AM »

Well, yes. EHM is pretty solidly expecting specific game versions.

Yeah not every mod works with just a simple version change. I hope EHM gets updated so I can have fun with overengineered :3
Wort wort wort

steve1592

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 29, 2024, 07:22:26 AM »

Dang it, I need this mod and just did the painstaking effort of getting my 150+ modlist to .97. I guess I'll play other games for awhile. Love this mod.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:07:11 AM by steve1592 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11