Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: [0.96a] Experimental Hull Modifications 0.8.6a  (Read 67682 times)

nullmana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Experimental Hull Modifications 0.8.2
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2023, 07:44:22 PM »

Directory structure in the zip seems to be hardcoded as windows filenames.
All files extract as files named like `Experimental Hull Modifications\data\campaign\abilities.csv` instead of extracting into subfolders.

HokiroBroomstick

• Ensign
  • Theres a lot of things we don't know, yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2023, 06:29:19 PM »

yep, so that's why it doesn't work on Mac.
[Hey uhh, there'sstill room here]

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2023, 03:02:00 PM »

yep, so that's why it doesn't work on Mac.

Directory structure in the zip seems to be hardcoded as windows filenames.
All files extract as files named like `Experimental Hull Modifications\data\campaign\abilities.csv` instead of extracting into subfolders.

I'm not really sure what's going on, but I pack the mod through Windows Powershell. Googled a bit and found a few topics stating that it's a 3rd party archive tool installed on the Macs that might be causing a similar/this issue. I've packed an upcoming version of the mod using 7zip and attached it on the Unofficial Discord's EHM topic, see if it helps. Link to the discord post
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 03:08:27 PM by lyravega »

HokiroBroomstick

• Ensign
  • Theres a lot of things we don't know, yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2023, 12:24:44 AM »

I'm not really sure what's going on, but I pack the mod through Windows Powershell. Googled a bit and found a few topics stating that it's a 3rd party archive tool installed on the Macs that might be causing a similar/this issue. I've packed an upcoming version of the mod using 7zip and attached it on the Unofficial Discord's EHM topic, see if it helps. Link to the discord post

Nope, still the same issue, sorry for the weird issues that we cause xd
[Hey uhh, there'sstill room here]

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Experimental Hull Modifications 0.8.3
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2023, 06:27:29 AM »

If you are using launch tubes, you might want to remove wings before updating. Otherwise they may get lost in the void. Now that most of the things are out of the way, I may finally be able to focus on some of the things that I've ignored since launching this mod... hopefully! Anyway, enjoy the game, and let me know if there are any issues.

Version 0.8.3

- Fixed a rare crash happened on load related to a listener
- Fixed Over-Engineered failing to refresh the ship display for any existing inert converters that it activated
- Fixed an issue that caused "Hull Restoration" skill to be more effective when "Quality Captains" mod was active
- Added OP cost to Over-Engineered (the OP cost matters only if "Progressive S-Mods" mod is installed)
- Added total flux capacity and dissipation bonuses (if any) to Mutable Shunt Activator's tooltip
- Added a new hullmod "Launch Tube Activator"; Mutable Shunt Activator no longer activates launch tubes
- Added a new hullmod "Logistics Overhaul"; strips the ship bare and repurposes it for pure logistics use
- Added "Hide Adapters/Converters" options; if enabled, the slot shunts will be hidden upon activation
- Added "Cosmetics Only" option; only cosmetic hull modifications will be available in the mod picker
- Added a "Debug Settings" section; enable/disable logging for certain items, display extra information on base hullmod's tooltip
- Changed "Play Drill Sounds" option; is now a selection with 'Experimental' (default), 'All' and 'None' options
- Changed how mutually exclusive mods behave; installation is not blocked anymore as the newer mod will remove the older one
- Changed slot retrofits to prevent installation and removal if there are wings or inert slot shunts present on the ship to prevent an issue
- Changed the OP bonus of Over-Engineered (back) to 20% (from 15%)
- Removed all experimental hull modifications from Missions; mission refit panel mod picker will no longer show any of these
- Removed all experimental slot shunt blueprints from known lists as it is redundant due to the ability

If you are using "Quality Captains", make sure it's up-to-date as there was an issue. Author of "Quality Captains" mod Dal has already made a change with "1.5.3" to ensure compatibility between the mods. Thanks Dal!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 06:31:34 AM by lyravega »

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2023, 08:08:25 AM »

Hmm, getting a crash related to the Castigator (LI) upon entering a system. It had some of its smalls upsized. Script conflict? Leaving the ship at home appears to suffice as a workaround.

Spoiler
109843 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [CS_WS0001SM] not found on hull [tahlan_Castigator_P]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [CS_WS0001SM] not found on hull [tahlan_Castigator_P]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderSingle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2023, 02:10:16 AM »

Hmm, getting a crash related to the Castigator (LI) upon entering a system. It had some of its smalls upsized. Script conflict? Leaving the ship at home appears to suffice as a workaround.

Spoiler
109843 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [CS_WS0001SM] not found on hull [tahlan_Castigator_P]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [CS_WS0001SM] not found on hull [tahlan_Castigator_P]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderSingle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Are you using Quality Captains by any chance? Could you go to the luna options, scroll down to the bottom of EHM's General settings, enable debug info and then post base hullmod's description here? Discord would work better.

edit: Turned out to be outdated Quality Captains combined with this mod.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 04:10:32 AM by lyravega »

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Experimental Hull Modifications 0.8.4
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2023, 07:01:54 AM »

Version 0.8.4

- Fixed an issue with ship restoration that lagged the game if the ship had any activated slot shunts
- Fixed launch tube description

Ships with activated slot shunts were lagging the game when restored through the refit panel. This version is more of a fix aimed to address that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:47:20 PM by lyravega »

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Experimental Hull Modifications 0.8.5
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2023, 02:46:38 PM »

Version 0.8.5

-Fixed a fatal issue caused by a change in 0.8.4 that lead to slot not found crashes
-Changed "Logistics Overhaul" so that it cannot be installed on module-ships (for now)

This issue completely escaped my radar, and it's extremely easy to reproduce. As it is a big issue, pushing this version as another fix

Kris_xK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2023, 12:25:56 AM »

I just want to say this is a great mod and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Experimental Hull Modifications 0.8.6
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2023, 07:19:07 PM »

Version 0.8.6

Refactored and overhauled most of the stuff under the hood; initial changes begun on the previous version, which are now all completed. Most of the 0.8.x versions didn't offer much in terms of gameplay, but with all these out of the way, parts of the mod that needs attention may get some. Hopefully.

- Fixed phase cloak checks of certain hullmods reporting incorrectly and blocking installation
- Fixed "Logistics Overhaul" not ignoring the hidden modular hull modifications in its checks
- Fixed an issue on base hullmod installation that added fixed built-in dmods back to the ship
- Fixed experimental hull modifications creating ghost categories in mission mode even though they were hidden
- Fixed undo button not getting disabled visually when it was supposed to
- Changed system retrofits so that they will be hidden if a the system is not found, instead of crashing the game on install
- Changed engine cosmetic mods to apply the campaign contrails immediately instead of requiring a save/load
- Changed ship/module tracking completely, which comes with a few non-gameplay benefits:
   - All of the ships in the fleet will be tracked when the refit tab is open
   - "Play Drill Sounds - All" option will do so when a hullmod is installed on / removed from any ship
   - Modules will not spawn unnecessary trackers or get confused by duplicates and instead use their own
   - Officer and autofit menus will not cause the trackers to detect false-positive changes on the ship
- Combined some logging settings, suppressed most messages for default setting

Download here

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2023, 07:19:31 PM »

I just want to say this is a great mod and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Thanks =) Have fun!

rawkhawklives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2023, 11:51:48 AM »

Splendid! Ships not having cosmetics applied without a save/reload has been one of my only complaints about this mod. Been using it pretty much since you dropped it and I love to see that little pest swatted down. An excellent mod that just keeps getting better.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2023, 01:01:48 PM »

Splendid! Ships not having cosmetics applied without a save/reload has been one of my only complaints about this mod. Been using it pretty much since you dropped it and I love to see that little pest swatted down. An excellent mod that just keeps getting better.

Thanks! =)

About cosmetics, engine changes on the campaign still require the hullmod to be reinstalled after you tweak their settings. Still better than a save/load, but I also found a way to solve this issue as well which I'll release as a WIP!

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Experimental Hull Modifications 0.8.6a
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2023, 12:06:29 AM »

Tiny update for 0.8.6:
- Changed engine cosmetic mods to apply the campaign engine changes immediately on install and/or when settings are saved

Engine cosmetics required a save/load to get applied in the campaign layer properly. With 0.8.6, the need to reload was eliminated, but they still required a reinstall in some cases like customizing the said cosmetic mods. Finally with 0.8.6a, the need to reinstall the cosmetic mod is also eliminated; any changes will be reflected in the campaign immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11