Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with finding GenericMissionManager and GenericMissionCreator file  (Read 96 times)

Nixxel

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This is not a bug or exploit thread, I just want help with configuring the generation of generic missions (ones that you get whilist in the campaign map like analyze probe or survey planet, not the bar ones).

So, recently I've been messing with the settings.json file to spice my game up and I saw what I think are the (now unused) settings for generic mission generation. Procurement missions used to be a generic mission that the player could accept back in 0.91, that were "deliver X amount of goods to [market] in Y days", but in 0.95 they were removed. I used to love doing them because of how chaotic it was juggling multiple of them, so it was nice to see a way to get them back.
Anyway, there is a commentated text that tells the reader to see GenericMissionManager and GenericMissionCreator.getMissionFrequencyWeight() because the setting there is unused, so I went to look for it for a while (looked and ctrl-F'd every file in starsector -> data), but couldn't find these functions.
So I just want to know where the generic mission manager is so I can possibly reactivate old procurement missions. If not possible, then a little help finding where generic missions are specified so I can maybe add a procurement mission equivalent myself.

Don't know if it's relevant, but I run the Linux version of Starsector.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile

This is not a bug or exploit thread, I just want help with configuring the generation of generic missions (ones that you get whilist in the campaign map like analyze probe or survey planet, not the bar ones).

So, recently I've been messing with the settings.json file to spice my game up and I saw what I think are the (now unused) settings for generic mission generation. Procurement missions used to be a generic mission that the player could accept back in 0.91, that were "deliver X amount of goods to [market] in Y days", but in 0.95 they were removed. I used to love doing them because of how chaotic it was juggling multiple of them, so it was nice to see a way to get them back.
Anyway, there is a commentated text that tells the reader to see GenericMissionManager and GenericMissionCreator.getMissionFrequencyWeight() because the setting there is unused, so I went to look for it for a while (looked and ctrl-F'd every file in starsector -> data), but couldn't find these functions.
So I just want to know where the generic mission manager is so I can possibly reactivate old procurement missions. If not possible, then a little help finding where generic missions are specified so I can maybe add a procurement mission equivalent myself.

You can't find it there you need to open the API zip file within the starsector-core folder and look for classes that implement GenericMissionCreator class. After that you pretty much need to make a custom mod to create your own generic intel mission. So you need some experience in java for that.

Nixxel

• Ensign
    • View Profile

You can't find it there you need to open the API zip file within the starsector-core folder and look for classes that implement GenericMissionCreator class. After that you pretty much need to make a custom mod to create your own generic intel mission. So you need some experience in java for that.
Thank you for giving me a lead, I'll try that! I have very light experience with Java, so I'll tinker with it for a bit.