more lore/ information
- 17 (13.2%)
more portraits
- 7 (5.4%)
more little stuff, custom names etc.
- 6 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: Antediluvians - Under Development - (Dev15)  (Read 235271 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Antediluvians - Under Development - (Dev11)
« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2012, 07:25:53 AM »

Does it crash when an convoy spawns?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: Antediluvians - Under Development - (Dev11.5)
« Reply #346 on: June 10, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »

Dev version 11.5
Spoiler
Tested with 0.52a!

Content:
-vanilla balanced gameplay
-campaign integrated
-4 missions + custom backgrounds and icons
-27 custom ships (13 FF, 5 DD, 5 CL, 4 BB)
-2 factions (Antediluvians + an Unidentified faction) + 1 planet and station, 9 different fleet types
-11 custom weapons, 4 projectile types
-weapons now have visual recoil
-12 portraits (6 male, 6 female)
-custom sounds for weapons
-custom names and custom ship prefix

To be fixed / added:
-supply convoys
-more story-driven missions - IN PROGRESS
-more lore

Download:
Download!

[close]

Dev11.5 released! You can now buy ships and weapons at the Orbital Dockyard, in orbit of Atlantis!

[edit]
If you want to give the Atol a try, it is accessible in the Testgrounds mission.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 07:37:16 AM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Antediluvians - Under Development - (Dev11)
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »

Does it crash when an convoy spawns?

Yes.

It may also have to do with that (int i = 0; i < 3; i++) line?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2012, 07:41:09 AM »

In what context is that line?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »

In the Gen file. Anyway, I could upload a version with the convoyspawn in it, so you can take a look. Let's stick to PMs though, else we'll clutter up the thread.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 10, 2012, 08:31:07 AM »

Here's what I can deduce from fighting the Antediluvians. This is against the red tempest BTW.

At the moment, the way the arcs are on the weapons, it kinda cheats. It can fire all it's weapons at you but you have a very thin sliver of a ship to aim at. Canne comment on weapon strength due to the efficiency of the tempest now at elite being 0.09 shield efficiency. They are durable though, I'll hand them that.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 10, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »

Here's what I can deduce from fighting the Antediluvians. This is against the red tempest BTW.

At the moment, the way the arcs are on the weapons, it kinda cheats. It can fire all it's weapons at you but you have a very thin sliver of a ship to aim at. Canne comment on weapon strength due to the efficiency of the tempest now at elite being 0.09 shield efficiency. They are durable though, I'll hand them that.

Thanks for posting.

The short ranged, rapid slug firing pressure turrets have an arc of 180 - 220 degrees. They are often focussed on a single broadside. Some ships only have 1 broadside. Others have two, with one lesser broadside and one main broadside. While the arcs are relatively large, the fact that they have to focus on a single broadside makes up for that. The turrets fire rapidly, but they are less effective at tracking, making them only average point defense weapons (for example: the vulcan is much more effective at PD). Constant exposure to the weapons is also required for them to do any real damage.

Missiles are high range, but slow, with hardpoints set at a 90 degrees firing angle. They are effective when launched at close range, or during an enemy flux vent. But at distances they are easily intercepted.

So no, it can not fire all its weapons at you. And if it does turn to fire, you have a bigger chance of facing its broadside, which is easier to hit, than the slim profile on its front or aft. Staying on its weaker broadside (often an unarmed one) can give you a serious advantage.

While I appreciate feedback from people fighting against the Antediluvians, I must stress that I won't try to balance against ships that are not balanced to begin with. There would be no point in doing so.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 08:51:53 AM by Erick Doe »

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2012, 08:54:44 AM »

Thanks for posting.

The short ranged, rapid slug firing pressure turrets have an arc of 180 - 220 degrees. They are often focussed on a single broadside. Some ships only have 1 broadside. Others have two, with one lesser broadside and one main broadside. While the arcs are relatively large, the fact that they have to focus on a single broadside makes up for that. The turrets fire rapidly, but they are less effective at tracking, making them only average point defense weapons (for example: the vulcan is much more effective at PD). Constant exposure to the weapons is also required for them to do any real damage.

Missiles are high range, but slow, with hardpoints set at a 90 degrees firing angle. They are effective when launched at close range, or during an enemy flux vent. But at distances they are easily intercepted.

So no, it can not fire all its weapons at you. And if it does turn to fire, you have a bigger chance of facing its broadside, which is easier to hit, than the slim profile on its front or aft. Staying on its weaker broadside (often an unarmed one) can give you a serious advantage.

While I appreciate feedback from people fighting against the Antediluvians, I must stress that I won't try to balance against ships that are not balanced to begin with. There would be no point in doing so.
Yeah, I'm right now just saving up to build a Neutrino fleet. Already got the drone command.

Also, the Red Tempest is OP in every aspect but weaponry. In weaponry it has a super graviton and super phase, both being only slightly better (maybe a difference of 50 DPS) than their forerunners.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 22, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »

could you make them faster...seems like all the tri tachyon need to do is keep a distance with there lasers then no ship can fight them...everything about them seems too slow

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 25, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »

will they ever have older fighters maybe?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 26, 2012, 04:28:59 AM »

could you make them faster...seems like all the tri tachyon need to do is keep a distance with there lasers then no ship can fight them...everything about them seems too slow

Their speed was tuned down because I was getting a lot of complaints about the Antediluvians being too fast. Overall they're still fast. They're just having a hard time attacking Tri-Tachyon ships because they have roughly the same speed but the TT have longer weapon ranges. A successful tactic against the TT is by swarming them with smaller craft.

will they ever have older fighters maybe?
Older fighters? I have thought about including fighters, but decided against it. Perhaps I'll had a fast strike corvette, to help in fighting the TT.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 26, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »

well i use tactics but when they get in a group they distract and outrange them...and that new big ship could act as a carrier too...i mean they should invest in fighters sometime

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 28, 2012, 07:59:17 PM »

what ruins this team is yeah...there fast but they dont go fast enough to approach tri tachyon ships and they just beam you to death...and even worse when i say engae the big ship they act so cowardly and not use their numbers to attack at once...instead they stumble and take turns getting there butts wooped...some engagement that is...i mean...seriously...there is no strategy to them they just know to die very well....they just...they have potential..they just waste it on being cowards v.v...

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 29, 2012, 05:15:57 AM »

what ruins this team is yeah...there fast but they dont go fast enough to approach tri tachyon ships and they just beam you to death...and even worse when i say engae the big ship they act so cowardly and not use their numbers to attack at once...instead they stumble and take turns getting there butts wooped...some engagement that is...i mean...seriously...there is no strategy to them they just know to die very well....they just...they have potential..they just waste it on being cowards v.v...

Keep practising. Fighting Tri-Tachyon is probably the hardest challenge when playing with Antediluvians. But, I have personally beat all the missions, so it is possible. Be sure to keep your ships close to each other and don't spread out too much. In the campaign the ships take up less fleet points than most other factions, so it is possible to build a fleet capable of swarming a hostile fleet of equal fleet points.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 29, 2012, 07:14:36 AM »

im telling you...every team should have a fighter....i mean fighters are even cheap to build...which is in every teams interest....and why need convoys...atlantians dont really go anywhere...there a secret race
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37