Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [REDACTED] weapons discussion  (Read 5405 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [REDACTED] weapons discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 08:31:49 AM »

Hmmm yeah, Manticore might be a good low tech candidate to test Minipulsers on. And you're absolutely right about the Odyssey being a perfect fit for lots of Omega weapons due to crazy speed for a capital. It's just that I don't like them when piloted by AI, and by the time I find one, I already have a good playership capital. Could fool around a bit in the campaign once I'm completely done with everything.
Please don't take me too seriously.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 09:14:23 AM »

I love resonators on odyssey, but it's really hard to beat the damage output of plasma cannons, so I don't really like to use the omega large energies there. Minipulsers can be nice on it though. I've been meaning to mess around with the volatile particle driver there, but I haven't gotten one the last few campaigns. To me, it feels like plasmas with minipulser/resonator support with be much better than a VPD build though.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2022, 11:09:16 PM »

I was experimenting a bit and found that rift lance + high scatter amplifier on a scarab is quite potent. The range penalty is not important, and the hard flux + good armor penetration are a nasty combo. I think my favorite scarab loadout might be mini pulser + HSA rift lance + shock repeater with everything else in flux stats.
Pages: 1 [2]