Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Habitable planets in systems with neutron stars  (Read 850 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Habitable planets in systems with neutron stars
« on: January 01, 2022, 02:30:47 AM »

If the neutron star isn't the primary star in the system, then habitable planets might sometimes spawn. It's been a bug for a long time, so I don't know if you simply didn't pay attention to fixing this, or if they are edge cases you missed.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Habitable planets in systems with neutron stars
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 04:37:36 AM »

Not sure if it helps, but in case it does since I just happened to encounter this: The seed MN-5792600368749409100 has this exact situation happen in the Mengryla constellation, up-right of the core worlds. A terran eccentric world in a system with a neutron star. I also note that neither planets in the system have the heavily irradiated condition that's usually standard for planets orbiting a neutron star.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 08:45:44 AM »

Thanks for the report! The star system generator doesn't generally consider other stars in the system when generating planets around any given star, so it's just a "how things work".

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 11:12:32 AM »

Not sure if it helps, but in case it does since I just happened to encounter this: The seed MN-5792600368749409100 has this exact situation happen in the Mengryla constellation, up-right of the core worlds. A terran eccentric world in a system with a neutron star. I also note that neither planets in the system have the heavily irradiated condition that's usually standard for planets orbiting a neutron star.

Tourist Ad : "Come to Beautiful Mengryla VI! Enjoy heavenly views like the angels themselves! *Provided that you can land first, of course."

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 11:16:15 AM »

(Please, no asides in the bug reports forum...)