Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: Every Pirate faction planet is going De-Civilized one after another.  (Read 604 times)

YetAnotherCowboy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So.. I'm not quite sure if this belongs here: please move if it does not.

For some reason every single planet/permanent station (e.g. not the ones raiding my colonies that crop up) owned by the Pirate Faction is rapidly losing stability and eventually collapsing. Nearly all the places listed went from deteriorating to de-civilized within an in-game week, so there was literally no way for me to try to stabilize them. The remaining colonies/orbital installations are always at 0 - 2 stability.. which I've been taking advantage of by mass-selling food/supplies/etc (purely out of the good of my heart and all).

But seriously, unless there's some mechanic I'm not aware of it seems like this is some kind of bug. It was my understanding that pirate planets/bases operate the same way normal factions do with production/supply and all. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Every Pirate faction planet is going De-Civilized one after another.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 10:22:42 PM »

Mouse over the stability bar on the surviving colonies, the tooltip might give clues as to what's going on. IIRC 4 stability is fairly "normal" for a pirate free port, but below 2 indicates external damage, from player actions or a mod feature.

YetAnotherCowboy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 10:28:14 PM »

Mouse over the stability bar on the surviving colonies, the tooltip might give clues as to what's going on. IIRC 4 stability is fairly "normal" for a pirate free port, but below 2 indicates external damage, from player actions or a mod feature.

I shut down for the night so I can't show a screenshot but food/supplies/green tube things (forgot the name) are all at 0 with (for that colony) 3 demand for each. I think there was another but I can't remember what it was. No official mods here, I tinkered with the settings a bit to boost number of player colonies and messed with the deployment limit to essentially infinite but was super careful not to mess with anything else. I don't know if that counts as modded.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 11:17:53 PM »

In my current vanilla game Umbra and Donn both have 0 stability due to ~10k food shortages and this shortage increased year after year. The Qaras colony lost some trade shipments and received -2 food production penalty and from here all pirate holdings received penalties too due to reduced in-faction food supply. The game date is dec 1 of 216c.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 06:06:09 PM »

This isn't a bug.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 06:17:39 PM »

Food shortages (or organics, for colonies that aren't habitable planets) will indeed cause a potentially severe hit to stability.
The question is why the shortages are happening. Qaras going offline might do it (pirates generally won't be able to import from an alternative supplier due to lack of accessibility).