Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.97a] Everybody Loves KoC  (Read 178907 times)

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2022, 09:34:37 AM »

I technically do have one that alters the drops, but it shouldn't affect what drops, as it just increases the number of blueprints per drop, so instead of 1-3 per raid I get 3-7. I add so many factions that I just feel like 1-3 is so underwhelming. So yes, it does alter the drop, but I don't think it should affect the drop table at all. Lemme question the creator of said mod and I'll get back to you.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2022, 03:05:04 PM »

- Replaced Gogol Hmod - Attuned coils
 - Tweaked Gogol variants
 - Google Afflictor S>M.Mounts
 - Added Google Phantom
 - Added WING_NO_DROP to hopefully fix ***
 - Added custom converted hangers (no penalty to fighters)

- Gogol HMod fix
 - Armstrong Station event tweak

Links updated:

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2022, 10:20:50 AM »

Had a crash while raiding for blueprints, though the crash doesn't point specifically to KoC, I searched my directory for where the thing came from and it was from KoC.
https://pastebin.com/sjmj79Sg

The image attached, however does point this way, the wing is only found within the KoC files. Dunno if you removed this, but just forgot or something.

Interesting, I've yet to encounter this in the wild. None of the wings in KoC are set to drop as blueprints so I'm not sure why SS is trying to drop it as one. Adding all blueprints with the console doesn't unlock it either so it's not registering as a bp through there... There's a WING_NO_DROP tag I can add that "should" remove it from the fighter bp drop table and fix the issue but that still doesn't answer why it is there to begin with.

Any chance you're running a mod that alters the drops? If not perhaps someone else can shed some light on the why of this one.

To shed some light on this, wing id's that don't end in exactly "_wing" crash when having their blueprints raided. Xhan had a similar crash a while back when the only difference was capitalization ("_Wing"). As for why it's dropping, "pulse_wing_civ" is tagged as "independent" (and KoC), so it's known by the indies and any modded faction that also draws from that pool. BP Raids draw from a faction's known blueprints so it's possible to raid a blueprint that is otherwise not available elsewhere (the 14th legion blueprints are like this, bar the legion).

I'm also pretty sure "no_drop" only applies to salvage, to deal with raided blueprints you might want "no_bp_drop" or just never give them to any faction to begin with.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:54:55 AM by Mr_8000 »

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2022, 08:50:55 AM »

- Replaced Gogol Hmod - Attuned coils
 - Tweaked Gogol variants
 - Google Afflictor S>M.Mounts
 - Added Google Phantom
 - Added WING_NO_DROP to hopefully fix ***
 - Added custom converted hangers (no penalty to fighters)

- Gogol HMod fix
 - Armstrong Station event tweak

Links updated:

You might want to add that your settings you uploaded also has the base campaign zoom and combat zoom both set to 5.0, which causes a ton of lag on modded playthroughs.

Also I did what Mr_8000 suggested and added no_bp_drop to all the wings and that worked, though the last update you put out didn't fix it, so you might want to make that change in the next update

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2022, 03:32:11 PM »

... You might want to add that your settings you uploaded also has the base campaign zoom and combat zoom both set to 5.0, which causes a ton of lag on modded playthroughs.
Is that what was causing my game to stutter in hyperspace?  ???

I thought I'd just installed too many faction mods again.  ;)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2022, 07:57:10 AM »

Thankyou MapleDaddy__ TTV / Mr_8000

- Added (Gogol + Vanilla) Geist
 - Added no_bp_drop to hopefully fix that *** (again)
 - Commented out max zoom adjustments - Run less mods ONI!
 - Integration with Periphery Planet Pack (New release - separate mod)
   - Modified Mbaye on Nomios (immediate effect)
   - Added Nergal.json econ file

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2022, 10:51:37 AM »

.... - Commented out max zoom adjustments - Run less mods ONI!
Well, to be fair the increased zoom worked fine and was actually quite useful in combat and planetary systems. It just caused me some slowdown in hyperspace... probably too much going on between fleets and storms.

As for the mods... can you blame me?  ;D So many interesting factions, I want them all.

Lessyloo

• Ensign
  • Susky Husky
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2022, 11:20:12 AM »

I do really love this mod, but would it be possible to do away with the sketchy as hell download links? Google drive is used by a bunch of mod makers here and it works just fine and despite Google being Google I'd sooner trust them then some hosting site I've never heard of that tries to redirect me to online stores.

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2022, 02:04:16 PM »

Great Wound, I enjoy Ko Combine and appreciate the effort you have put in. Would ever could you consider adding in the settings an option to make Ko Combine be classified and behave like a normal faction, such as participating in diplomacy and war? I tried adjusting relevant settings in the KoCombine.faction file but to no effect.

In mods such as Nexerelin, factions interacting with eath other through diplomacy and war greatly enhances the player experience by making the sector more dynamic and alive. Ko Combine being excluded from that dynamic unfortunately renders them sort of irrelevant and even slightly forgettable, which is a shame because it's such an interesting faction.

I know their passivity lore-wise is due their status as a protectorate of the Hegemony, so starting on good terms with the Hegemony makes sense and provides a nice backdrop for the faction. However, wouldn't it be more interesting if that wasn't fixed and when war inevitably breaks out they could choose whether to assist the Hegemony or break away and pursue their own destiny?

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2022, 03:02:19 PM »

I do really love this mod, but would it be possible to do away with the sketchy as hell download links? Google drive is used by a bunch of mod makers here and it works just fine and despite Google being Google I'd sooner trust them then some hosting site I've never heard of that tries to redirect me to online stores.

Thank you, and don't worry. I'll be moving to Google Drive soontm. Negotiations are almost complete.

Great Wound, I enjoy Ko Combine and appreciate the effort you have put in. Would ever could you consider adding in the settings an option to make Ko Combine be classified and behave like a normal faction, such as participating in diplomacy and war? I tried adjusting relevant settings in the KoCombine.faction file but to no effect.

In mods such as Nexerelin, factions interacting with eath other through diplomacy and war greatly enhances the player experience by making the sector more dynamic and alive. Ko Combine being excluded from that dynamic unfortunately renders them sort of irrelevant and even slightly forgettable, which is a shame because it's such an interesting faction.

I know their passivity lore-wise is due their status as a protectorate of the Hegemony, so starting on good terms with the Hegemony makes sense and provides a nice backdrop for the faction. However, wouldn't it be more interesting if that wasn't fixed and when war inevitably breaks out they could choose whether to assist the Hegemony or break away and pursue their own destiny?

Here's a bit of inside info for you. The Ko Combine started as my first real attempt at kitbashing a faction. I didn't want to over extend creating some game changing faction like every wannabe-superstar-modder out there. One of the reasons I settled on the KoC was because there were already a few assets in game which made my job easier, and because they were already in game I wanted to keep them as close to their vanilla as possible, at it's core KoC it is still independent planet and making them another major player in the sector is a push too far away from that vanilla feel.

That's not to say it's off the table, I'm currently experimenting with making Periphery Planet Pack an expansion that does enable them to participate in hostilities. You can already see 'hints' of this in the latest version of KoC; if you look in the mod_info.json it's set to replace the nergal.json of PPP and grants a few additional colonies to Mbaye-Gogol. Conversely (in my dev version)  PPP is set to override the Gogol.faction file in KoC.

This way it's in the players hands which they play with, 'Vanilla' KoC or something a little bigger...

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2022, 06:25:58 PM »

That's not to say it's off the table, I'm currently experimenting with making Periphery Planet Pack an expansion that does enable them to participate in hostilities. You can already see 'hints' of this in the latest version of KoC; if you look in the mod_info.json it's set to replace the nergal.json of PPP and grants a few additional colonies to Mbaye-Gogol. Conversely (in my dev version)  PPP is set to override the Gogol.faction file in KoC.

Oh I see. Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to PPP!

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2022, 04:03:47 PM »

Trying this mod, getting a Crash when entering a system with a KoC planet, either due to a conflict or something wrong with Huginn. Added the bit I think is the important one from the log, but feel free to point out if I have the wrong information.

Spoiler
384331 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS0001] not found on hull [huginn]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS0001] not found on hull [huginn]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderSingle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2022, 04:36:24 PM »

Trying this mod, getting a Crash when entering a system with a KoC planet, either due to a conflict or something wrong with Huginn. Added the bit I think is the important one from the log, but feel free to point out if I have the wrong information.
Code
Slot id [WS0001] not found on hull [huginn]

That's interesting, just checked the latest download and the slot is certainly present. Can you go in to /mods/+Ko 1.03.33/data/hulls/muninn.ship and search for the following line:
Code
      "id": "WS0001",
If it's not there I'm perplexed and would recommend re-downloading. If it is there then it's likely another mod is interfering (if you're running an old version of Plight of the Valkyries that might be it - the Huginn/Muninn were originally a part of it), post the contents of /mods/enabled_mods.json

Thanks.

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2022, 04:30:33 AM »

Might be Plight. KoC has the requested line. Checking versions I was running .25d of Plight, looking around I found 1.26a, however that causes crash on load. I'm just removing Plight at this stage... Requires a restart but I had barely started.

Requested fire contents posted below.
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "yunrutechmining",
  "pantera_ANewLevel25",
  "AI-Retrofits",
  "A_S-F",
  "raccoonarms",
  "lw_autosave",
  "timid_admins",
  "BSC",
  "BSC_Submod",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "CFT",
  "CAS",
  "chatter",
  "lw_radar",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "su_Concord",
  "dynamictariffs",
  "su_FairSMod",
  "fleetsizebydp",
  "fluffships",
  "forge_production",
  "GrandColonies",
  "gunnyhegexpeditionary",
  "hyperionsystems",
  "IndEvo",
  "Imperium",
  "jaa",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "lights_out",
  "mag_protect",
  "MagicLib",
  "miner2049er",
  "mir",
  "more_hullmods",
  "ness_saw",
  "wisp_NeutrinoDetectorMkII",
  "nexerelin",
  "objects_analysis",
  "luddandlions",
  "officerExtension",
  "JYDR",
  "wisp_perseanchronicles",
  "planet_search",
  "wyv_planetaryShieldAccessControl",
  "plight_of_the_valkyries",
  "PulseIndustry",
  "pt_qolpack",
  "roider",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "RC_Second_Wave_Options",
  "secretsofthefrontieralt",
  "PT_ShipDirectionMarker",
  "speedUp",
  "stelnet",
  "StopGapMeasures3",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "surveycorpssp",
  "Terraforming & Station Construction",
  "mayorate",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "UGH",
  "vic",
  "whichmod",
  "mir_np",
  "aaacrew_replacer",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

Gabloc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2022, 03:26:22 AM »

Hello,

I found a small bug. During autofit, Strix frigates has no shown variant. I think the problem might due to 'goalVariant' value is not set in the variant file.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15