Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.97a] Everybody Loves KoC  (Read 178497 times)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2022, 11:41:10 AM »

I found a small bug. During autofit, Strix frigates has no shown variant. I think the problem might due to 'goalVariant' value is not set in the variant file.

Thanks and fixed. Update is out:

- Nerfed Koc Breaking
 - Colony Tweaks
 - Various Graphical Tweaks
 - Intergration with PPP
 - Rolled in SP start to base KoC start
 - Restored zoom settings...
 - Several goal variant fixes
 - Gremlin reskinned to Mk.II for Mbaye.

Also; moved to googledrive.

localvampirequeen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2022, 04:26:12 PM »

Rip, realized this doesn't work with nex's randomized sectors. Ah well.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2022, 11:39:33 AM »

Feature request:

Can you make MaybeGoogle faction friendly with faction ids:
"derelict" and "explorarium" ?

And have it sell drones with "explorarium" design, if the player has comission with "derelict" or "explorarium" ids?  :)

And I know this might be asking much but... I would love if you created new explorarium designs to show up either on my mod or this own if player is playing as explorarium or derelict.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2022, 10:37:12 AM »

Feature request:

And have it sell drones with "explorarium" design, if the player has comission with "derelict" or "explorarium" ids?  :)

And I know this might be asking much but... I would love if you created new explorarium designs to show up either on my mod or this own if player is playing as explorarium or derelict.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2022, 05:27:12 AM »

Feature request:

As it turns out Mbaye are the manufacturers of the Defender and Bastillon, so why not...

Mbaye have recently dug out some [expired] security codes so the Derelicts are no longer hostile towards them, please note that these codes will not work with more advanced drones that have received the latest security updates. They've also restarted production of their Defender and Bastillon drones, these drones, while fundamentally the same as their predecessors have received several software enhancements and a few tweaks under-the-hood in order to support an all energy layout. The colour scheme, designed to be reminisce of a more fearsome family of drones, was selected as a means to cause hesitation in less experienced commanders and to serve as a false-flag to the existence of
Spoiler
[REDACTED]
[close]

Update will be coming soontm...

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2022, 04:08:16 PM »

Quite a few tweaks this time and a little extra content: Link on 1st page.

- Gremlin Mk2 removed (soft removal to keep save game compatible)
 - Added Fury (KoC) (WiP)
 - Revamped Graviton Cannon
 - Added Flicker PDL
 - Added Atropos Pod
 - Reduced Blockade Runner damage reduction
 - New Variants (Buffalo/Propsector/Strix)
 - Upgraded (Huginn/Muninn/Geri/Freki/Sleipnir/Valkyrie/Valhalla) Small Ballistics to Hybrid and tweaked variants
 - Added Bastillon/Defender (MbG)
 - MbG have access to drone codes and are now considered friendly with the Derelicts (But the Remnant ain't falling for that trick).

- Tweaked DPs
 - Removed IEA from KocPest
 - Flipped Geri/Freki Ass/Esc mods
 - Added derelicts
 - Perseans get Buffalo (C)
 - Strix - Added BuiltIn IPDAI + Loadout changed
 - Revamped Mbaye Hullmod
 - Revamped Mbaye variants
 - New MBaye Phantom
 - Gremlin Mk2 removed (from default ship roles)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2022, 05:23:07 PM »

MBG Drones are getting an update soontm.

Spoiler
Shields, Canister Flax, the ability to use them without needing the Automated skill... why sacrifice men when you can send AI cores to war...

[close]

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2022, 07:09:05 PM »

Suggestion for future; make the factions participate in diplomacy and alliance when active with Nex. Would be cool to see an all corporation alliance between these two and TT

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2022, 12:50:22 PM »

Suggestion for future; make the factions participate in diplomacy and alliance when active with Nex. Would be cool to see an all corporation alliance between these two and TT

Nex is low on the list but hostilities are coming:

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2022, 06:26:39 PM »

Cool, Ty!!

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2022, 04:10:22 AM »

Would it be possible to give the 2 factions their own custom planets rather than taking established ones away from the independents? There are a few mods that already alter those planets and/or are dependent on them being independent.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2022, 01:05:41 PM »

Would it be possible to give the 2 factions their own custom planets rather than taking established ones away from the independents? There are a few mods that already alter those planets and/or are dependent on them being independent.

I'm not sure if you're aware but 'historically' those two planets belong to those factions, nearly all 'minor factions' are lumped together as independents. Their planetary descriptions are untouched from vanilla.

I'm not aware of any issues related to splitting them from independents. As for conflicts other mods that interact with them, this is probably going to be a user-end issue. When I started KoC nobody (that I was aware of) was using those planets, the only conflict I was made aware of was with Iron Shell using Chitagupta in the Naraka which was promptly yielded. Now if somebody since has seen (or not seen) my KoC and decided they would like to get their hands on it and have a play that's on them.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2022, 04:17:16 AM »

I'm not sure if you're aware but 'historically' those two planets belong to those factions, nearly all 'minor factions' are lumped together as independents. Their planetary descriptions are untouched from vanilla.

I'm not aware of any issues related to splitting them from independents. As for conflicts other mods that interact with them, this is probably going to be a user-end issue. When I started KoC nobody (that I was aware of) was using those planets, the only conflict I was made aware of was with Iron Shell using Chitagupta in the Naraka which was promptly yielded. Now if somebody since has seen (or not seen) my KoC and decided they would like to get their hands on it and have a play that's on them.

Ok I did some digging around into where I was having some issues.

1. Ed Shipyards sell their ships out of independent markets of certain size (4 and above I believe) this loses Agreus as a market, but it's really a small issue in retrospect considering the number of other markets.

2. Industrial Evolution adds the Restoration Docks (Structure) and Salvage Yards (Industry) to Agreus, this isn't affected by your mod as such. It does however add more structures to the planet and the Salvage yards are pretty similar to your Shipbreaking Center, the Salvage Yards basically makes the addition of the Shipbreaking Centre and Heavy Industry redundant.

3. The removal of Tech Mining impacts the Terraforming and Station Construction a lot. That mod swaps the Tech Mining to Domain Archeology which produces a mod specific resource and is the sole initial exporter of said resource in the sector (Domain Era Artifacts) these exports are used to keep specific structures running around the sector (Like the Cryosanctum on Nomios) as well as for player useage.

I know more or less how to fix this for personal usage, but others might find it frustrating if they lack the know how.

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2022, 07:26:46 PM »

I noticed that as well, I just see it as a market opportunity to get rich.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2022, 04:04:25 PM »

Ok I did some digging around into where I was having some issues.

1. Ed Shipyards sell their ships out of independent markets of certain size (4 and above I believe) this loses Agreus as a market, but it's really a small issue in retrospect considering the number of other markets.

2. Industrial Evolution adds the Restoration Docks (Structure) and Salvage Yards (Industry) to Agreus, this isn't affected by your mod as such. It does however add more structures to the planet and the Salvage yards are pretty similar to your Shipbreaking Center, the Salvage Yards basically makes the addition of the Shipbreaking Centre and Heavy Industry redundant.

3. The removal of Tech Mining impacts the Terraforming and Station Construction a lot. That mod swaps the Tech Mining to Domain Archeology which produces a mod specific resource and is the sole initial exporter of said resource in the sector (Domain Era Artifacts) these exports are used to keep specific structures running around the sector (Like the Cryosanctum on Nomios) as well as for player useage.

I know more or less how to fix this for personal usage, but others might find it frustrating if they lack the know how.

Thanks for this. I was thinking the issues were much more serious. Thankfully it's all industry related. It's good timing to, I'm tweaking colonies in preparation for the next release.

1. I'm afraid you're stuck with ED. I don't have a magic pill to fix this but fortunately it's not too severe.
2. I'm going to have to have a play here to see if I can find a happy medium.
3. Domain Archeology is quite an issue:
  • An easy fix would be to set "boggledDomainArchaeologyEnabled" to false. But expecting the player to flounder and find this is unfair, and forcing it from my end would upset boggled. I was considering a warning but if you're not going to read through Boggleds stuff about the mechanics/settings chances are you won't read mine.
  • Or I could increase colony size and add it back...
  • Alternatively I could see about adding it to "known issues", get boggled to flag it as compatible but make a note that due to a lack of techmining "boggledReplaceAgreusTechMiningWithDomainArchaeology" is effectively fixed to false - I'll hold off on this one though
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15