Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Purposeless modspec drops  (Read 380 times)

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Purposeless modspec drops
« on: December 15, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »

Neural Integrator and Neural Interface hull mods drop from random sources and they require the Neural Link skill to use, but learning that skill teaches these hullmods therefore there is no point learning the modspec themselves. Why do they drop? Wastable 10k credit chip?

The skill is fun though, I like the new tree and how things are balanced better.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Purposeless modspec drops
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 08:21:31 PM »

Thank you for the report! This is intentional - as you say, it's still got value as a drop, but also it kind of points you at the skill if it's not something you've been aware of or knew about the details of. Maybe not the best idea, though; I'll give this a bit of thought.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 08:51:51 PM »

Appreciated.
I'm wondering if selling these to the pirates baits them into wasting OP on their builds.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 09:05:32 PM »

(It won't; ships will generally only use some 1) standard hullmods known to be beneficial in a clear circumstances, or 2) hullmods in the target variant. This is definitely not the subforum for any not-directly-bug-related discussion, though - I want to keep it as clean as possible to make sure stuff doesn't slip through the cracks.)