Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello! (SPOILERS: Story Question!! Did I reach the end?)  (Read 2990 times)

MightyChristian

• Ensign
  • soli Deo gloria
    • View Profile
Hello! (SPOILERS: Story Question!! Did I reach the end?)
« on: November 03, 2021, 12:13:49 AM »

Hello everyone! I have really enjoyed playing star sector!!
I am also brand new to these forms and it is late at night so forgive me if I do not make complete sense but I need to rant alittle, bear with me.

##SPOILERS##

I feel quite bummed about the “end” of the story! I need more of an explanation! What happened?! (I am not upset in my tone- just humorously enthusiastic) Did the two girls leave? Or kill them selves? (Provost mentioned something about giving her a knife!?) There was so much climax just to end like this? also I heard there was a boss fight somewhere? I have not had a boss fight yet! I already fought the special  spaceships (the shards at those fancy solar power plants) and also fought the remnants some. But story wise I know there must be more! I know the game isn’t technically done yet (0.95?)but i’ve never been so captivated by a space game before (the story part I mean). The game is super fun and theres still plenty to explore, but if the two girls working on the gate device thingy left I could just go fetch them for the provost! I wanted to ask the provost what happened but my options are all like “I was suppose to be paid” and “History doesn’t always work out” all stupid things to say at a time like this! Whatever just happened has made the Provost very upset. 

SO question is, ive completed the Galatia story and also the red planet story. Is there something more? If I search the entire system can I find those two ladies who were working on saving us all from being trapped forever in this star sector?! Where did they go? why did they leave? why did my Alpha level core blow up whatever was inside the mystery phase ship when I tried to look inside it- (I had a Alpha level core in my cargo) I need answers!! XD  You don’t have to spoil anything just tell me if there is more to the Galata Provost gate story and also if there are other missions and things to do outside that one storyline- you don’t have to give details.

Thanks!
Soli Deo gloria.
And have a nice day :D

(PS: My profile icon was taken from a meme edited into a christian meme and then cropped to his face which I then added the words repent to. Just to satisfy your curiosity.)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! (SPOILERS: Story Question!! Did I reach the end?)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 12:35:27 AM »

for now this is it. the game is not finished and i'm sure they will add more as time passes.

MightyChristian

• Ensign
  • soli Deo gloria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 12:42:33 AM »

for now this is it. the game is not finished and i'm sure they will add more as time passes.

:'(
Alrighty, thanks!

I look forward to the final release/update/V1.0!
For now I will just fly around and blow up pirates whilist my space colony makes 200k Creds a month- perhaps recover a few remnant spaceships somehow? Find more secret planets and super weapons .. yes there is still plenty to do and that’s excluding mods.

Have a nice day/night!
Soli Deo gloria.

(PS: My profile icon was taken from a meme edited into a christian meme and then cropped to his face which I then added the words repent to. Just to satisfy your curiosity.)

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 05:09:19 AM »

Alrighty, thanks!

For now I will just fly around and blow up pirates whilist my space colony makes 200k Creds a month- perhaps recover a few remnant spaceships somehow? Find more secret planets and super weapons .. yes there is still plenty to do and that’s excluding mods.

Have a nice day/night!

See you in 2030 for 1.0.  8)

MightyChristian

• Ensign
  • soli Deo gloria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 06:14:20 AM »

Alrighty, thanks!

Have a nice day/night!

See you in 2030 for 1.0.  8)

LOL.

I think theres a mod called “Beyond star sector” that could help if I get bored. Or the whole fan base could band together and make a mod called “V1.0” and just completely finish everything for the dev- that’s possible. xD
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 06:16:41 AM by MightyChristian »
Soli Deo gloria.

FenMuir

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Fen Muir Youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 12:51:31 PM »

The only thing you need to do now to "finish" the current content is go fight the [SUPER ULTRA MEGA REDACTED] and take down [REDACTED] fleets. Beyond that, there isn't much to do if you're not interested in glassing the galaxy or farming Alpha Cores to colonize the entire sector.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 05:16:08 PM »

David Baumgart, Starsector's narrative designer, has been teasing for a while now that the next big update (after 0.9.5.1) is going to have another big story update:

https://twitter.com/dgbaumgart/status/1428499236828684289?s=20

JaronK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 12:48:44 AM »

The end game, currently, is getting enough colonies that your faction can sustain itself and generate all its resources without the core worlds.  Or destroying all the core worlds, I suppose.  Or just leaping head first into mod land.

Torchwood202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 02:40:39 PM »

===== Super Massive Spoilers =====

- No one trusts the Provost to wield the gate tech. No one really likes her either. She's power-hungry. She pushes people too hard. She blackmails entire governments. She is written to be unlikeable. This is why the two girls left- so the Provost can't wield the gate tech.

- There is no option to hand the Janus Device over to the Provost. I'm guessing it is because the player character does not like / trust the Provost either.

- Whatever Project Ziggurat was, the [REDACTED] hated it- to the point of committing self-termination to avoid it. Their kind might've been used in the construction of the ship at Alpha Site. Whatever the reason, your Alpha Core tries to blow up the now-derelict ship but is thwarted (and feigns ignorance).

===== =====

MightyChristian

• Ensign
  • soli Deo gloria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 05:04:40 PM »

Oh yes, I didn't think of that for some reason, that is why they left. I was sharing the excitement of the Provost- and wanted to see the gates come online, but my player character was just like "uhhh I did my job, can I get money now?" meanwhile I am thinking "WHAT? XD I wanna see the rest of the universe! turn the gate back on and save humanity!" lol.
Soli Deo gloria.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 05:12:43 PM »

===== Super Massive Spoilers =====

- No one trusts the Provost to wield the gate tech. No one really likes her either. She's power-hungry. She pushes people too hard. She blackmails entire governments. She is written to be unlikeable. This is why the two girls left- so the Provost can't wield the gate tech.

- There is no option to hand the Janus Device over to the Provost. I'm guessing it is because the player character does not like / trust the Provost either.

- Whatever Project Ziggurat was, the [REDACTED] hated it- to the point of committing self-termination to avoid it. Their kind might've been used in the construction of the ship at Alpha Site. Whatever the reason, your Alpha Core tries to blow up the now-derelict ship but is thwarted (and feigns ignorance).

===== =====
[close]
Please note that it is still in pre-Alpha development and can be changed. The writers might have this current "ending" retconned during next years' update for all we know.

MightyChristian

• Ensign
  • soli Deo gloria
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 08:05:42 PM »

Oh yes, that's true.
By the way I was looking through the forums and saw this article, and thought to myself "Wow this guy has the same problem as me!"

Then I realized I was the author of this forum post topic thingy.

:o

XD
Soli Deo gloria.